• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Edit: I GOT YOU DASTY

n23DJH6.gif

Var

If the arbitrator settles this, it will be a 1 year contract, as the Habs requested. Then we get to do this shit all over again next year.

Next year he will come to Philly with Babby. We will use our magic "Cap Room" to sign them both.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Next year he will come to Philly with Babby. We will use our magic "Cap Room" to sign them both.
The idea of trading him makes me sick, because there's no way we won't get bent over in any deal involving him.

Solo

Subban has all the power now, and frankly this makes Bergevin look really bad. He hammered Subban down to the 2 year bridge deal in 2012 with the promise of the big contract after if he performed. Well, all he did was have 2 great seasons, win the Norris, and have an amazing playoffs. Now it's time for the Habs to make good, and what are they doing? Hedging.

Solo

So apparently arbitration is

90 mins of one party's case
90 mins of the other party's case
15 minute rebuttal from one party
15 minute rebuttal from other party

In Subban's case, the first 90 min session is done, whether that was Subban or Montreal.

So we won't hear anything at all for about another 2 hours.

Razorskin

----- ------
Komisarek's run as a Leaf was forgettable, highly overpaid for what he was.

Though I'll always remember the first game he played against the Habs where he played stupid and took 15 minutes in penalties.

yyzjohn

Banned
Subban has all the power now, and frankly this makes Bergevin look really bad. He hammered Subban down to the 2 year bridge deal in 2012 with the promise of the big contract after if he performed. Well, all he did was have 2 great seasons, win the Norris, and have an amazing playoffs. Now it's time for the Habs to make good, and what are they doing? Hedging.

Makes the Habs look really bad. Haggling with their franchise d-man, why didn't they just sign him long term. So stupid.

Red_Man

My gut feeling is that Subban's time in Montreal is effectively over unless Bergevin can sign him to 8 years before the arbitrator has made his decision. There's been too much pull back from management regarding Subban, and he's done everything they've asked of him and more. If they're still not willing to give him whatever he wants now, they never will be, and although he keeps a smile on all the time, you know deep down he wants to be the most important guy, and he wants that respect.

Just out of curiosity, how hated would PK be in Montreal if he did go to Toronto in free agency? :p
It's different circumstances, I hope most Habs fans wouldn't be angry. This is a result of coaching and management here. Any other GM would have had him locked up for 10 years on the previous contract signing. PK's gotta take care of PK.

Makes the Habs look really bad. Haggling with their franchise d-man, why didn't they just sign him long term. So stupid.
A Habs beat writer said that his starting point in negotiations was $10 M. I think that's fine as a starting point, but if he was asking for an AAV of $9-9.5 M then I could see the issue, but I don't really see him going there.

Red_Man

Can his name forever be Brolieau? That's amazing.

When you Google it, it implies that you mean Brolio, which may be even better.
He comes off kind of like Mike Green and some fans started calling him that after him and his dad got charged for getting in that fight last summer :lol

I would give Subban 9
How often do you get the chance to have a guy of his calibre on your team?
Likewise. Big dollar, max term, you deal with the rest later. He's irreplaceable.

calder

10 minute call to NHL to confirm trade to Winnipeg for EKANE

In Subban's case, the first 90 min session is done, whether that was Subban or Montreal.

This is my understanding as well.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Habs are trying to get one more cost controlled year out of subban at this point

Next year they will throw everything they have at him

yyzjohn

Banned
..... maybe he was asking for too much?

That's not the point as Solo pointed out they kept Subban in check 2 years ago and he proved he's worth the big cash by winning the Norris and being their top guy. If they offered him anything less than $8M it's a slap in the face. I'm sure they could have gotten a long term deal done in the $8.5 range, not like they have cap issues to hold them back.

Red_Man

Habs are trying to get one more cost controlled year out of subban at this point

Next year they will throw everything they have at him
That doesn't make any sense, they have the cap this year, and they don't have any other big names / holes to fill, and like Lamaroo said, he'll just cost more. The only reason I can see Bergevin playing such hard ball is because A.Gally, B. Gally, Bournival, Beaulieu, and Tinordi are all RFA's next season, and he wants as much wiggle room for them as possible.

Razorskin

----- ------

I hope Subban's case was a 90 minute video of him driving his Lambo.

Top Bottom