• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I won't be surprised if we roll with three A's and no C in 2014-2015 like we did in 2009-2010.
Kind of expect one of Pleks / Markov to get it at this point. Let one of the kids mature for the next 2-3 years until they leave and then pass it on.

Sucks for Subban then. This is the second time management is playing hardball with him. Maybe he feels like he compromised with his bridge contract and now wants to get paid.
That's the entire issue, they played hard ball with him, he obliged and went out did everything he possibly could to prove them wrong. They reward him with a low ball. If his demands weren't in the area of $10 M, then I don't blame him for wanting to go this route.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Already preparing my arguments for the future about how cocky Subban is and how I'm sick of his showboatin'. Classless.

Once you guys finally drive a stake through Carlyle's heart and get a real coach grateful fans will erect a memorial statue to Grabovski in front of ACC. It will be called the Ignored Prophet or Portrait of a Martyr in Bronze or something.

So did Anaheim win a Cup because of Carlyle or in spite of him?

Probably already discussed but who saw Guardians already? I liked it, I haven't really seen any of the newer Marvel movies (other than Iron Man 1 and the Hulk [lol]), and I dug this one. The next one will be even better I think, it'll hit it's stride with humor and action and all that shit

Razorskin

----- ------
S9XW84o.jpg

):

Red_Man

Something to get my depressed mind of this shit:

Dustin Johnson, aka Paulina Gretzky's fiancee has been kicked off the PGA for 6 months for testing positive for coke, and has allegedly had affairs with two other golfers wives.

wayne-gretzky-looks-toasted.gif

Something to get my depressed mind of this shit:

Dustin Johnson, aka Paulina Gretzky's fiancee has been kicked off the PGA for 6 months for testing positive for coke, and has allegedly had affairs with two other golfers wives.

wayne-gretzky-looks-toasted.gif

Wayne's daughter taking years off his life.

Dustin Johnson has been slapped with a six-month ban from the PGA Tour after a positive test for cocaine, Golf.com reported Friday afternoon.

The report, citing sources, said that Johnson has failed three drug tests, including two for cocaine (2012 and 2014). The other failed test was for marijuana in 2009. The PGA Tour is not required to announce punishment against players who test positive for recreational drugs.

Samyy

Leafs fans, would you rather have Wilson back instead of Carlyle?

Wilson, would have made the playoffs in 2010-2011 if had half compotent goaltending. Giguere and Gustavvson had combined 56 starts and posting a .900 and .890 SV%.
Too bad Reimer came up so late in the season :(

With the team now I think he would do very well.

Quick

Banned
Probably already discussed but who saw Guardians already? I liked it, I haven't really seen any of the newer Marvel movies (other than Iron Man 1 and the Hulk [lol]), and I dug this one. The next one will be even better I think, it'll hit it's stride with humor and action and all that shit

I loved it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Who?

Also don't worry Stasis, I'm still as racist as ever. Just not awake at 6am.
The Mess! The best Canucks captain ever!

Wilson, would have made the playoffs in 2010-2011 if had half compotent goaltending. Giguere and Gustavvson had combined 56 starts and posting a .900 and .890 SV%.
Too bad Reimer came up so late in the season :(

With the team now I think he would do very well.
He also had Toskaololz

Samyy

Watch the Captain America's, Thor 1 and the Avengers dude :eek:

The Mess! The best Canucks captain ever!

He also had Toskaololz

Wilson put up with some absolutely shit goaltending.

Quick

Banned
I thought Cap 1 was great because it didn't fall into the gritty origins category.

It was colourful, it had a lot of heart. My ONE complaint has to be the montage scene of Cap destroying HYDRA bases.

Weaving was pretty good as Red Skull, but he wasn't put to good use. I'm hoping he ends up back for Cap 3. I know Weaving probably won't, but I'm sure they can grab someone good and more prominent for the role.

Red_Man

Hi friends. I've been in Jamaica for the last week.

Currently in Montego Bay waiting for my flight.

Red man, Solo I'm here for you guys. I give out excellent hugs!

I can't even enjoy this cause solo and red are some great peeps. :(

I can't muster enough schadenfreude to enjoy this :(

PK and Habs fans deserve better :(

Red :(

Solo :(

Schuey :(

Pierre :(

Assorted others :(

Dat Vlasic-Subban pairing tho

eP0ux7g.gif

Think I might have to change my avatar.... I don't know if I can handle looking at this beautiful mans face every time I post if I just feel like he's going to be gone in a year :(

yyzjohn

Banned
But that IS the point. You feel like he's worth $8.5m, sure, but evidently they don't and there's no objective truth to compare against unfortunately.

There's nothing to be gained for the Habs by not signing him long term. His price will increase next summer so what's the point of not locking him up now? If they don't think he's worth north of $8M then just trade him. I can't imagine Subban is impressed that management has shown zero faith in him.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
eP0ux7g.gif

Think I might have to change my avatar.... I don't know if I can handle looking at this beautiful mans face every time I post if I just feel like he's going to be gone in a year :(

Hah!

I'm going to be the optimist and say fan pressure and team results will change their mind about him and sign him to a deal that is more in line with his worth.

Still, they could've locked him up long term with a better deal today...or 2 years ago...

I just hope you Habs fans don't go nuts every time the Toronto media brings up the Subban to come home reports you'll be seeing over the next year+

There's nothing to be gained for the Habs by not signing him long term. His price will increase next summer so what's the point of not locking him up now?

You're assuming that Montreal hasn't tried to do this though. For all we know Subban and his camp have already decided to push this to UFA regardless of what Montreal offers.

yyzjohn

Banned
You're assuming that Montreal hasn't tried to do this though. For all we know Subban and his camp have already decided to push this to UFA regardless of what Montreal offers.

The reports that leak about numbers are usually pretty accurate and by all accounts the Habs are playing a low ball game.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Unless he's playing us all for fools, he's only been positive about wanting to stay in Montreal.

Red posted he was rejecting (or said he would?) reject offer sheets as well; this doesn't strike me as someone who wanted to get to UFA.

Only time he's mentioned other teams is when our media prodded him about coming to Torrana.

Though for all I know, he is great at saying the right things and is bitter about the 2 year deal he got saddled with. You'd think management would want to compensate him the 2 years they got him for a deal...but whatever...!

yyzjohn

Banned
Unless he's playing us all for fools, he's only been positive about wanting to stay in Montreal.

Red posted he was rejecting (or said he would?) reject offer sheets as well; this doesn't strike me as someone who wanted to get to UFA.

Only time he's mentioned other teams is when our media prodded him about coming to Torrana.

Though for all I know, he is great at saying the right things and is bitter about the 2 year deal he got saddled with. You'd think management would want to compensate him the 2 years they got him for a deal...but whatever...!

He's not some fringe player you can dick around with, he's a core guy and already has a Norris. I can't believe they let it get to this. Why play games unless at some level they just don't believe in the guy long term?

From McKenzie:
@TSNBobMcKenzie: My uneducated opinion from afar: MTL likes, maybe really likes, Subban but doesn't LOVE him. And you have to LOVE someone at 8 x $8-9M+ per.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: The longer Subban goes without a new long-term contract in MTL, logic suggests the odds increase of him going to UFA or being traded.

The reports that leak about numbers are usually pretty accurate and by all accounts the Habs are playing a low ball game.

Ah, I didn't realize long term deal numbers had been leaked as well as the arb ones.

Kuro Madoushi said:

Sure, but he's no Josh Gorges.

Red_Man

Hah!

I'm going to be the optimist and say fan pressure and team results will change their mind about him and sign him to a deal that is more in line with his worth.
They already know though. This is what doesn't make sense. Literally every media guy, every reporter, every causal fan, everyone is saying give him whatever her wants. The only people who don't think that are Bergevin & Co for whatever reason. It's mind boggling and infinitely frustrating.

Impossible to say now, lots can change between now and January, but this certainly a possibility. I wouldn't blame him for a second. The team has dragged him through the mud and back for nothing.

From McKenzie:
@TSNBobMcKenzie: The longer Subban goes without a new long-term contract in MTL, logic suggests the odds increase of him going to UFA or being traded.

:( if Subban doesn't stay with Habs.. what team does NHL-GAF think he'll fit in? Honestly I hope he does stay *sigh*

yyzjohn

Banned
:( if Subban doesn't stay with Habs.. what team does NHL-GAF think he'll fit in? Honestly I hope he does stay *sigh*

Too early for that kind of talk though. All might change during the season and they can agree on a long term deal next summer. If they don't though, he's a goner for sure. The price will be huge for him when he's a UFA and the salary cap is well over $70M

Let's be honest, I don't see anyway way that Subban isn't playing for the Habs this year. They are gonna try their hardest, again, to get this guy locked up so they'll accept the arbitration award whatever it is.

Honestly can't imagine him playing for another team.

Edit: Wait, isn't there a clause saying that he CAN'T be traded if it comes to that? I think I remember something like that with Weber. Could be wrong.

Red_Man

Edit: Wait, isn't there a clause saying that he CAN'T be traded if it comes to that? I think I remember something like that with Weber. Could be wrong.
Once the arbitration comes down, he can't be traded until January 1st of next year.

Top Bottom