• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Welcome to Sanjuro and Macattack! Two newest members of the off season thread. All I can say is the Bruins played terribly.

Chara was terrible
Rask was terrible
Terrible penalties
Terrible power play
Terrible giveaways
Thornton and Marchand also terrible

I wonder what changed are coming?

zroid

Banned
Welcome to Sanjuro and Macattack! Two newest members of the off season thread. All I can say is the Bruins played terribly.

Chara was terrible
Rask was terrible
Terrible penalties
Terrible power play
Terrible giveaways

Bergeron for Phaneuf

Cake Boss

Banned

Chara was terrible
Rask was terrible
Terrible penalties
Terrible power play
Terrible giveaways

Spezza for Bergeron, Hamilton 1st rounder.

MacAttack

Chara was terrible
Rask was terrible
Terrible penalties
Terrible power play
Terrible giveaways

I agree with most of that but Rask was not terrible. Not great and clearly outplayed by Price.

Most of the team is locked in for next year contractually so I don't expect a lot of change.

Iginla will probably re-sign.

If the Bruins trade Marchand, I would love to see Soderberg, Eriksson and Bergeron on the second line.

Samyy

I agree with most of that but Rask was not terrible. Not great and clearly outplayed by Price.

Most of the team is locked in for next year contractually so I don't expect a lot of change.

If the Bruins trade Marchand, I would love to see Soderberg, Eriksson and Bergeron on the second line.

You guys will also have a hefty cap penalty next year no? Between 4-5mil.

MacAttack

You guys will also have a hefty cap penalty next year no? Between 4-5mil.
Wasn't aware of that but it's true. We still have Savards LTIR money to help at least.

With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised to see McQuaid get traded for picks/prospects. He's only got a year left and doesn't really have a spot on the team anymore.

I think Soderberg is better as a center. He can create opportunities.

Sanjuro

Act, it's very easy to shit up a thread with ignorant individuals.

He does a good job of acting sane and then trapping you into insanity.

zroid

Banned
Just got a pair of Marlies tickets for 6 bucks on Saturday...please lose on Friday :(

Any Leafs fans here that want to go to a game (Friday/Saturday): https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/g...r=17769828&group=5269&err=&event=&customerID=

Use that link, make a Marlies account and use the special code "Partner"

Thanks, pretty tempting...

pain in the ass for me to get to Ricoh, but...

What'd Sanjuro do?

I think it was the blackface dog pic

zroid

Banned
Finally reading that Mirtle article, and it's a beast.

Shanahan explained that the decision to turf the assistants but not Carlyle was born out of lengthy conversations with both general manager Dave Nonis and the Leafs players, some of whom expressed to him frustration with the system the team was playing – especially in its own zone.

A lot of the onus for that will fall on the yet-to-be-hired assistant coaches and on Carlyle reinventing himself, something Shanahan said will be a must.

So apparently the point is Shanny and Noney think Carlyle is smart enough to adapt and improve. I hope they're right...

Socreges

Banned
Nice that he's banned. He'd started posting a lot recently and it was weird navigating these threads with him on ignore. Made him even more apparent, though at least I didn't have to read his inanities.

Nice that he's banned. He'd started posting a lot recently and it was weird navigating these threads with him on ignore. Made him even more apparent, though at least I didn't have to read his inanities.

This. I've never blocked anyone before (even Tabris) and the weird black/grey lines between posts occasionally popping up was kind of annoying me.

Bruins eliminated and Sanjuro banned. Makes the Ducks loss a whole lot easier.

Anyway, get my seat ready in this thread please!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
How were the leafs in the playoffs this year?
Lol
You're one of us now. Have a cold one and tell us how the Bruins change for next year.
People, please. This thread is for berating your own team, not other teams!
Any time they're eliminated I'm going to get my shots in.

He was hung out to dry but you gotta make some of those saves. I'd be frustrated with all those breakaways and odd man rushes too.

I also think some of those penalties really killed the Bos momentum. I'm not going to cry "mtlrefs" but there were at least two calls that could've gone the other way. That snow shower and that holding the stick call though...brutal!

Top Bottom