• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT| - O stands for Overhaul

ZeroGravity

Not much conversation happening between Yzerman and Callahan's camp right now. Sounds like his agent is really pushing him to go to free agency, so unless Callahan really wants to be here, he's gone.

zroid

Banned
Nylander will almost certainly bust his potential if drafted by the Leafs.

Therefore, we must draft him, so no one else can.

Avs will take whatever D prospect is left closest to their draft position I suspect. Hard hitting predictions!
Not a good year for D-men. There is Ekblad and a significant drop to Fleury (who is a more defensive D man).

Not much conversation happening between Yzerman and Callahan's camp right now. Sounds like his agent is really pushing him to go to free agency, so unless Callahan really wants to be here, he's gone.
DALÉ

Stastny.png

Why would Stastny want to leave? Right, guys!?

Avs will pick someone with size, if it's a forward or a defenseman.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
We're starting to refer to each other like hockey players, using the least imaginative nick names possible.

Also, you can't make this up, but Lucic wrote (he can read?) a children's book about bullying. Derp.

So, Konopka suspended 20 games, and is UFA, can't imagine anyone wanting him now:

Buffalo Sabres forward Zenon Konopka has been suspended for 20 games for violating the terms of the NHL/NHLPA Performance Enhancing Substances Program.

Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the suspension is accompanied by mandatory referral to the NHL/NHLPA Program for Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health for evaluation and possible treatment.

The player's contract expires with the conclusion of the 2013-14 season. The term of the suspension will be served at the beginning of any new contract.

The National Hockey League will have no further comment on this matter.

The National Hockey League Players’ Association released the following statement at the request of Zenon Konopka.

"I deeply regret that I have tested positive for a prohibited substance in violation of the NHL/NHLPA Performance Enhancing Substances Program. I accept full responsibility for this error. As a professional athlete I am responsible for what I put in my body, and I am to blame for this mistake.

I want to make it clear that this violation occurred because I ingested a product that can be purchased over-the-counter and which, unknown to me, contained a substance that violated the program. Unfortunately, I did not take the necessary care to ensure that the product did not contain a prohibited substance. I want to stress, however, that I did not take this substance for the purpose of enhancing my athletic performance.

I apologize to my teammates and to the Buffalo Sabres organization, as well as to my friends and family. I have learned a great deal from this experience, something I hope to be able to share with younger players. I will accept this suspension and continue to work hard to prepare for the 2014-15 season."

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got around to reading the Shanahan article. He mentions how the Wings were swept in the finals of 2005 and it was embarrassing yet they learned from it and turned around and won the Cup.

Fuck am I the only person who sees a problem with this analogy? He's talking about a Wings team THAT ALREADY GOT TO THE FINALS AND LOST. It's not exactly translatable to the current Leafs situation.

Fuck this team.
Old article? New article? Link plz?
Socks

Edit: I recall a guy I used to work with, he said his classmate has a habit of using the last name and adding -er at the end. So he was 'Linger'. He was a white dude and I forgot why a white dude had a last name of Ling...

Socreges

Banned
Old article? New article? Link plz?

Socks

Edit: I recall a guy I used to work with, he said his classmate has a habit of using the last name and adding -er at the end. So he was 'Linger'. He was a white dude and I forgot why a white dude had a last name of Ling...
Used to be Lingstein.

Acid08

Banned
Doug wilson said that Boyle won't be returning next season, same with Havlat.
Both good things.

Acid must be happy.

Can Wilson actually find a suitor for Havlat or will they just buy him out?

Whole bunch of tweets pertaining to the Sharks: https://twitter.com/rossmckeon

I'm assuming they'll try to trade him but lol who would want him? Expecting them to use one of the compliance buyouts.

nooooo
I'm assuming they'll try to trade him but lol who would want him? Expecting them to use one of the compliance buyouts

And I don't know how excited I am for more LR. He's great at working with young defensemen but he also has such a huge boner for washed up vets. Stuart regularly had more ice time than Vlasic.

Acid08

Banned
Most interesting thing there is Burns moving back to defense. That already makes the task of upgrading our D much easier. Leaves a huge hole in the top six though.

Acid08

Banned
Cleary, for that playoff veteran presence.
Have fun paying Boyle 2yrsx12mil!

Brodie Brazil @brodiebrazilCSN Doug Wilson on #SJSharks leadership being turned over to younger players: "those conversations will take place".

I'm gonna go ahead and read into this...Thornton's future with this team is being heavily evaluated. Either they take the C away(his ego wouldn't let this happen quietly) or he's traded. This offseason is going to be interesting.

Brodie Brazil @brodiebrazilCSN Doug Wilson on #SJSharks leadership being turned over to younger players: "those conversations will take place".

I'm gonna go ahead and read into this...Thornton's future with this team is being heavily evaluated. Either they take the C away(his ego wouldn't let this happen quietly) or he's traded. This offseason is going to be interesting.

i8Jfk7snT2RQD.gif

Socreges

Banned

I'm gonna bet neither happens.

Acid08

Banned
If we were to move say Kulikov I wouldn't be opposed to a 2yr deal in that range.
He's terrible now and historically hasn't been much of a mentor for younger players, which I'd imagine would be valuable in Florida. Rob Blake was that for us(Vlasic), and now Robinson has taken that role(Braun and Demers). Unless you're trying to hit the cap floor, he's not worth it.

ZeroGravity

Gary Mason @garymasonglobe
Some fascinating tidbits coming out about the brief Tortorella era in Vanc; including fact he wanted team to buy out Alex Burrows' contract

Also hearing Torts didn't have a single convo with farm team head coach Travis Green all season; hard to imagine. #canucks

Also hearing players didn't feel Torts liked practicing enuf; he also accused David Booth of being late for team meeting he was early for
Truth finally coming out.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Torts is an asshole, news at 11. This guy was washed up in New York, everyone knew he would be a bad fit except for Gillis.

Top Bottom