• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

iLLmAtlc

what's the context of this?

o nvm the first part of the gif didn't load for me. i just saw "jamie you were gone for 2 days" and im like wtf

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
just keep posting

purge this page.

Anything to help this noble cause.

PS: I'm pretty sure the cryptarch in my game is fucking stupid. Every time I've given him a purple item to decode, he decodes it as a blue or green item. He's decoding my stuff wrong.

TUSR

Banned
Anything to help this noble cause.

PS: I'm pretty sure the cryptarch in my game is fucking stupid. Every time I've given him a purple item to decode, he decodes it as a blue or green item. He's decoding my stuff wrong.

the game is fucking stupid, im done with this shit. the patch notes today confirmed Bungie has no idea what they are doing.

so incredibly frustrating.

Calamari41

41 > 38
the game is fucking stupid, im done with this shit. the patch notes today confirmed Bungie has no idea what they are doing.

Sounds like my decision to forego Destiny and forget about it in favor of Diablo III was the right one. Very disappointing to hear what quite a few people are saying about the game. I'm just glad I wasn't actually looking forward to it, and only got it because it happened to come with my white PS4.

Cake Boss

Banned
He does have a chance, but I also believe he needs to beat out Puempel and Pageau, who've had very strong camps so far, in order to crack the line-up.

We need to get rid of the dead weight on this team and make room for the players that have actual potential.

Get rid of Greening, Condra, Neil and even look at getting rif of Smith.

Pageau, Lazar, Puempel, Robinson, Hoffman, Stone all deserve decent ice time and to play with other skilled players.

If I had my way this is the line up.

MacArthur- Turris- Ryan
Michalek- Zibenejad- Chiasson
Hoffman- Legwand- Stone
Smith- Pageau- Lazar
Neil

Methot- Karlsson
Cowen- Ceci
Boroweicki- Weirdoch
Phillips

Lehner
Anderson

You keep the 2 dipshits ( Philips n Neil) to appease the Don Brennans of this bitch ass fanbase.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, I'm getting really frustrated with it.

Sounds like my decision to forego Destiny and forget about it in favor of Diablo III was the right one. Very disappointing to hear what quite a few people are saying about the game. I'm just glad I wasn't actually looking forward to it, and only got it because it happened to come with my white PS4.

I might give Diablo a try. I haven't played it since it came out on the PC and it sounds hugely improved.

Silexx

We need to get rid of the dead weight on this team and make room for the players that have actual potential.

Pageau, Lazar, Puempel, Robinson, Hoffman, Stone all deserve decent ice time and to play with other skilled players.

MacArthur- Turris- Ryan
Hoffman- Legwand- Stone
Smith- Pageau- Lazar
Neil

Methot- Karlsson
Cowen- Ceci
Boroweicki- Weirdoch
Phillips

Lehner
Anderson

You keep the 2 dipshits ( Philips n Neil) to appease the Don Brennans of this bitch ass fanbase.

I think there's value in keeping lifelong players like Philips and Neil (and what Alfie should have been :'( ) around in order to create a sense of legacy for a team that is still relatively new.

That said, I can't complain about the line-up you posted. It pretty much lines up with what I want to see as well.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!

Probably gonna trade my copy in and put it towards GTAV PS4 version once I'm done with the main story.

MacArthur- Turris- Ryan
Hoffman- Legwand- Stone
Smith- Pageau- Lazar
Neil

Methot- Karlsson
Cowen- Ceci
Boroweicki- Weirdoch
Phillips

Lehner
Anderson

Also Puempel, kid was owning the Leafs like a boss last night..

I googled "Blackhawks" to see what time the game is tonight, and stumbled upon a Bleacher Report article. It was maybe the dumbest shit I've read in a long time. I am blown away if someone got paid to write that shit. I'm not even going to link it because it's a slideshow (multiple pages) and worthless

TUSR

Banned

I might give Diablo a try. I haven't played it since it came out on the PC and it sounds hugely improved.

I might pick up the Ultimate Evil Edition. Split my time between that and Dota 2. Bungie's design decisions lost me.

Probably gonna trade my copy in and put it towards GTAV PS4 version once I'm done with the main story.

"Story"

Calamari41

41 > 38

Totally worth your time

Yeah. Let me just put it this way. When it first came out on PC, I basically angrily finished it out of obligation, not enjoying it at all and treating it more like a chore than anything. With the new edition, I am having an absolute blast the whole way through and will not hesitate to keep going through the game again on higher and higher difficulties, and with different characters. It's finally the game it was meant to be.

Montresor

I hope I don't disappoint 19&21 lol but I am thinking of just going with Rogers Cable for my hockey fix, not HockeyStreams.

Rogers is giving me the following deal for one year, after which prices would go back to normal. No contract (so I can cancel at any time):

60 Megabits per second Internet
320 GigaByte bandwidth per month
Free HDPVR (I won't need to pay anything for it until after 36 months, after which it would be 1 dollar per month)
All the HD channels for Leafs hockey (all Sportsnet channels, CityTV, CBC, TSN1, TSN3-5)
Obviously a bunch of other channels, which I will never care about (most of my non-hockey entertainment is filled via Netflix, blu-ray, and Xbox)

For $93 per month with tax.

Yes I get that $110 flat rate for Hockey Streams would be a more financially smart deal, but I just can't stand the idea of being at the mercy of an Internet connection. When I tested streaming to my 360 it was horrible. When I tested streaming to the PS3, archived streams worked but you couldn't fast forward. With PS3, live streams did not work AT ALL - it was chugging and unwatchable.

And I get that eventually there will be a Plex App on XB1 that will make things easier. However, what is important is this: I tested streaming directly off my laptop, connecting an HDMI cable directly between my TV and laptop, with no middle man. The stream was decent but still no where near the beautiful quality of crystal clear HD cable TV. And there were annoying moments where the stream would draaag. Not sure how to describe it but it was like the screen was tearing. So even with no Plex server middle man HockeyStreams quality was still not up to a good standard.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. Let me just put it this way. When it first came out on PC, I basically angrily finished it out of obligation, not enjoying it at all and treating it more like a chore than anything. With the new edition, I am having an absolute blast the whole way through and will not hesitate to keep going through the game again on higher and higher difficulties, and with different characters. It's finally the game it was meant to be.

Diablo it is then.

Wild are going to kick the Penguins' ass tonight.

Hopefully I can catch a stream. Vanek is debuting with Koivu and Fontaine. And last year's most dynamite Wild line is reuniting with Parise, Granlund, and Pominville. Cannot wait.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
They didn't say anything about BEFORE HOURS
LMAO
Clydefrog's posts aren't that bad.
All people who use Huntsman are bad...
hes no tabris
...ok maybe not THAT bad...

If you do start from scratch, pm me or let me know. i got a low level crusader i'm playing that I haven't played in months because Path of Exile is much better.

I just got SEVERELY burnt out on D3 after leveling 3 characters to 60...I...just couldn't do it anymore. Playing it was utterly mindless, so I don't know what these magical changes are, but I guess I can try them...

Kypreos "You just don't know how good he [Rielly] is going to be. Is he going to be Duncan Keith or Brian Campbell? I think Keith"
That is up there with Healy's "He can do one of two things; he can shoot it, pass it, or skate with it up the ice"

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
If you do start from scratch, pm me or let me know. i got a low level crusader i'm playing that I haven't played in months because Path of Exile is much better.

I just got SEVERELY burnt out on D3 after leveling 3 characters to 60...I...just couldn't do it anymore. Playing it was utterly mindless, so I don't know what these magical changes are, but I guess I can try them....

I'm probably going to get it on PS4 though.

I never got to level 60 with any character. I stopped after one playthrough.

I'm still playing Path of Exile. I had stopped then started a new character.

TUSR

Banned
What they do in the patch notes?

Its more so how they addressed problems moving forward in their developer diary.

Activities
Missions

Reduced drop rate of engrams following a hard wipe [fixed in 1.0.1.4]

Prevents endlessly farming mob packs from inside strikes/missions. Good, but what about unintentional hard wipes? Now the game is penalizing learning content, the very same content you are doing for items.

Queen's Wrath Event

Material rewards for dismantling Queen's Wrath gear will no longer provide ascendant materials, but missions will continue to drop Legendary items

No point in doing the Queen's Wrath Event outside of experience. They actually got this part right by rewarding players properly from completing harder strikes/missions, and then they change it.

Destinations

The Hive of the holy "Treasure Cave" have realized the futility of their endless assault on Skywatch and have retired to lick their wounds and plan their next attack.
Respawn timers for monster caves in Skywatch have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 6)
Respawn timers for monster caves in Forgotten Shore have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
Respawn timers for monster caves in Ember Caves have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
Respawn timers for monster caves in the Shattered Coast have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
Respawn timers for monster caves in the Barrens have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 20)

Agree with the changes, but they provide no solution outside of grinding Strikes for rep to get loot.

From the developer diary:

Long ago during development, the Cryptarch decoded engrams of a given color into gear of that same color. Early in 2014 we added randomness, both for better and worse, to the decrypting process. The result was that end-of-session engram decoding got a lot more exciting and the Cryptarch himself suddenly acquired a personality. Both of these experiences were positive additions to the game

All they did was add frustration, there is nothing exciting here. No one in this game has a fucking personality.

But shooting at a black hole for hours on end isn't our dream for how Destiny is played. Our hope is that social engagement in public spaces is only one part of the Destiny experience. Expect changes soon which decrease the efficiency of cave farming and correspondingly increase engram drops from completing activities.

What social engagement in public places? They're just figuring out now that the system they have in place for loot doesn't work?

At least they are addressing balancing issues with weapons. Instead of making auto-rifles worse they need to make the current weapons play to their strengths more.

idk how Bungie missed the mark on so many simple aspects of a loot driven game.

Diablo in summary:

1)Beat the story
2) Replay in adventure mode and farm bounties/rifts for loot
3) Increase the difficulty if it gets too easy
4) Repeat #2

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Wow at those patch notes. So I'm supposed to farm strikes for a pitance of marks rep now? And less engrams. Fuck off. I was gonna grind to get all 3 chars to 28 so I can do the raid/night falls but maybe I'll just trade in the game and get shadows of mordor and get back into warframe. What a fucking joke.

God I wish I had a decent pc so I could play path of exile.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
From the developer diary:

All they did was add frustration, there is nothing exciting here. No one in this game has a fucking personality.

This is what they did? That's fucking bullshit. You give me an engram that says it could be a legendary/rare/uncommon and I get uncommom, fine. You give me a legendary engram that you then decode into a fucking uncommon one is infuriating.

Razorskin

----- ------
This is what they did? That's fucking bullshit. You give me an engram that says it could be a legendary/rare/uncommon and I get uncommom, fine. You give me a legendary engram that you then decode into a fucking uncommon one is infuriating.
But now the Cryptarch has personality!

he's a dick

I played D3 on release with my brother: we beat the game once in co-op and stopped at about level 30.

Didn't play it again until a couple months ago and I solo'ed my way to level 80. Since I never played the highest difficulties I didn't notice a lot of changes, though the legendary drop rate was higher (was pretty much guaranteed one per boss).

I think it'll be pretty fun on console with couch co-op. Didn't play the expansion but I think it adds a lot more to the base game. You can probably find an expansion-less PS3/360 copy for pretty cheap.

TUSR

Banned
Diablo in summary:

1)Beat the story
2) Replay in adventure mode and farm bounties/rifts for loot
3) Increase the difficulty if it gets too easy
4) Repeat #2

Pretty much, except Blizzard continuously rewards you for doing this process. Where Bungie manages to frustrate their players.

I can't wrap my head around what Bungie's goal was with loot. They completely don't understand what works. By no means am I saying that I know what decisions to make. But I've sunk hundreds of days (yes, days) into MMOs. I've seen what works and doesn't from a hardcore raiders perspective and a casual players. And somehow Bungie doesn't have someone on their staff that can objectively evaluate what is and isn't a good decision/idea.

Marvie_3

Banned
I googled "Blackhawks" to see what time the game is tonight, and stumbled upon a Bleacher Report article. It was maybe the dumbest shit I've read in a long time. I am blown away if someone got paid to write that shit. I'm not even going to link it because it's a slideshow (multiple pages) and worthless
If it's the "Reasons Why Patrick Sharp is a Handsome Guy at Sports" article, I'm sorry I wasted your time.

Top Bottom