• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Tabris

i'm an east Van guy through and through. Sure it's not as nice as the west side and further away from DT but at least there's no Indo Canadian gang violence there anymore.

All the low end gangs moved to Surrey to shoot it out.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, that FIFA thing's legit, didn't know CONCACAF was targeted too, that's great news

Yup, now imagine being stuck with a half broken Gamepad unless you either pay $100~ to fix it or buy a new one for $140~. That's me right now -_-

What's wrong with your gamepad?

Tabris

Tabris, you went to a private school on the west side didn't you?

Nope, I grew up in Squamish then Surrey then Delta.

I can tell you from first hand experience that Surrey is gross :)

I moved to downtown Vancouver when I got my first job. My parents are still in Surrey. I don't visit my parents often due to that reason. We meet halfway between haha.

ShaneB

It is a good place to live. It's nice and quiet with little crime and housing prices are cheap compared to larger cities. You want to have any serious fun you got to go to Montreal.

My wife has always hated it, she lived in big cities like LA and Boston before so Ottawa is a little village in comparison.

Since I lost my job a few months ago we decided to use this opportunity to move so I've been applying to jobs in Toronto since.

Sorry to hear about your job loss, I hope things pick up for you. Since I grew up in an absolutely tiny little town, everywhere else can feel like a big city, to me Ottawa is a big city! Different strokes for different folks really.

I love visiting big cities like Toronto, LA, New York etc, but I could never live there because the traffic alone would drive me nuts. Ottawa is perfect because both Montreal and Toronto are accessible as day trips(Toronto is a longer day but still :p).

I've certainly gotten use to things, but I really do my part to try and avoid as much traffic as possible, rarely do I leave work during rush hour, and I certainly dread any thought of driving downtown. I certainly prefer my living situation now as opposed to my old apartment, but I definitely miss being right next to the subway...

Happy Birthday guys!

Thanks!

Pikma

Banned
I wish Gwent had an online component, though I think it'll be a matter of time until it's a standalone game.
I started playing it yesterday, it's fucking addictive as hell! Loving it.

I think it'd need some tweaks and proper balancing for it to be succesful as a pvp game though.

Some high school kids on the local baseball team got caught doing some really nasty stuff. Making the rounds up here.
It’s a bizarre story we’ve been investigating for almost a week now out of Grand Forks. A viewer alerted us to a situation involving players on the Grand Forks Central Junior Varsity Baseball Team. A group of these young athletes participated in a sexual act with a sandwich and a bottle of Gatorade while others took pictures, and supposedly, video.

Last Thursday was the first Valley News Live was told about the Grand Forks Central High School Baseball Team supposedly putting bodily fluids onto a chicken sandwich and into a bottle of Gatorade, and then forcing other players on the team to consume it.

You'd never catch a hockey team doing this type of sick shit. God love 'em.
They just wouldn't be stupid enough to videotape it.

It's kind of funny how Quebec and Rimouski have to do it all over again tomorrow night. Kelowna is the scariest team in the tournament, outside of the Gens of course, and I think I'd rather it if Quebec won tomorrow.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Some high school kids on the local baseball team got caught doing some really nasty stuff. Making the rounds up here.

You'd never catch a hockey team doing this type of sick shit. God love 'em.
They just wouldn't be stupid enough to videotape it.
I know a few guys who are already drafted and have filmed themselves doing worse things. It's amazing to me that these guys can be this stupid in 2015. If any of those videos got out, they're done.

Acid08

Banned
I made something in class today

CGD4ErQU0AA0bhu.jpg:large

I'm following in your footsteps, Quick.

zroid

Banned
Babcock in Toronto and Bylsma in Buffalo is bringing back memories of Sochi. The narrative writes itself!

I hope Dubas and co. can catch up developmentally to the Sabres in the coming years because that's going to be a fun rivalry over the next 8 years or so.

Only thing missing is McDavid in Leafland while Eichel is in Buffalo.

@Amateur_hockey: Roy apparently trying to get Radulov to come back to the NHL and Avalanche. Good luck with that. Skilled player but comes across arrogant

Radulov might grace the NHL with his presence once again.

Samyy

Babcock in Toronto and Bylsma in Buffalo is bringing back memories of Sochi. The narrative writes itself!

I hope Dubas and co. can catch up developmentally to the Sabres in the coming years because that's going to be a fun rivalry over the next 8 years or so.

Only thing missing is McDavid in Leafland while Eichel is in Buffalo.

Not really possible unless we get lucky and hit on a good number of our picks

They have 19 picks over the next 2 years, we have 18 - but, they have 4 picks in the top 60 this year and they've already amassed a much deeper prospect pool and we're going to have to get really lucky on some picks to make it catch up.

Hopefully we can get a bottom 3 pick next year.

Cactus

Banned
Roy you goddamn idiot

Radulov is a very good hockey player. Lots of pressure on Avs/Roy to make the playoffs next season, so this might not be a bad move.

I doubt he'd sign for more than one year, so f it doesn't work out for whatever reason, he'll fuck off back to Russia.

zroid

Banned
Not really possible unless we get lucky and hit on a good number of our picks

They have 19 picks over the next 2 years, we have 18 - but, they have 4 picks in the top 60 this year and they've already amassed a much deeper prospect pool and we're going to have to get really lucky on some picks to make it catch up.

Hopefully we can get a bottom 3 pick next year.

Obviously it will take some good luck to get to that point, but something people always forget is unlike the Sabres, the Leafs still have high-end talent on its roster which can be traded. They haven't "tanked" yet.

Samyy

Obviously it will take some good luck to get to that point, but something people always forget is unlike the Sabres, the Leafs still have high-end talent on its roster which can be traded. They haven't "tanked" yet.

Right but Kessel is the only one with a potential good return unless we move JVR as well.

You forget to mention that he will still be working with the team as an advisor. :p

He can still do a lot of damage in that year.

I wonder what crappy "top 6 forward" we will acquire this summer.

27 goal scorer Hoffman got that 4th line spot locked down tight.

Top Bottom