• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

zroid

Banned
Well Boudreau is obviously not cut out for the intensity of the playoffs

let's be honest the Ducks had the easiest road in the league to the conference finals

they need Carlyle back to lead them to glory again

Foggy

What up, quackers.

You CBJ fans are just going to gonna love Clarkson.

He is like a giant black hole, that sucks the life, offense, and chemistry out of his linemates that are near him on the ice. That is not considering the times he takes a stupid penalty when your team has the momentum, or falls down on the ice (he falls down more often than Darcy Tucker) and loses the puck or ruins whatever play was going on in the o-zone. From what I've heard, the blue jackets had a very good third line before the Clarkson trade so if you do put him on your 3rd line then brace yourselves.

The upside is that he will chip with an occasional goal, and he isn't a bad guy off the ice either. His play along the boards also isn't horrid, but when he does get the puck after a battle along the boards he'll either fall down or give the puck up to the other team.

I'm hoping it's more just optimism and doing what they can to pay him lip service and give Clarkson a fresh slate. Depending on how things shake out, I certainly wouldn't mind him hanging out on the 4th line instead of Jared Boll and lord knows that'd actually be an upgrade. But if they're super serious about this shit and are thinking about breaking up the Hartnell-Wennberg-Dano line, there's going to be some serious shit.

zroid

Banned
In Clarkson's defence he was saddled with really inept coaching in Toronto, and on a team that plays an actual system (eg Devils), it's not out of the question he can still be a contributor... for a couple more years at least

Foggy

Who are some RFA and UFAs for Anaheim?

From their team site:

UNDER CONTRACT THROUGH 2014-15

NAME POS AGE DETAILS
Emerson Etem RW 21 Drafted by Anaheim (29th overall) in 2010 NHL Draft
Patrick Maroon LW 25 Acquired from Philadelphia, Nov. 21, 2010
Sheldon Souray D 36 Signed as a free agent, July 1, 2012
Francois Beauchemin D 33 Acquired from Toronto, Feb. 9, 2011
Bryan Allen D 32 Signed as a free agent, July 1, 2012
Luca Sbisa D 23 Acquired from Philadelphia, June 26, 2009
Viktor Fasth G 30 Signed as a free agent, May 21, 2012

From their team site:

NAME POS AGE DETAILS

Bryan Allen?

Oh Fuck I forgot we still had him.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
From their team site:

NAME POS AGE DETAILS

Yeah... Sbisa... is a Ducks UFA this summer... totally.... we didn't just sign him to an exorbitant extension in Vancouver...

Marvie_3

Banned
*dives into thread like Indiana Jones dives from that cave wall shutting, reaches back and grabs Ducks cap before it closes*

Unfortunately I don't have the Simpsons version gif of this so I'm just going to substitute this gif instead:

zDUKQjy.gif

Man I'm depressed now that The Ducks Lost. I predicted a Habs and Ducks Final or Islanders and Ducks Final in the earlier start of the
playoffs.

How wrong I was.

Man I'm depressed now that The Ducks Lost. I predicted a Habs and Ducks Final or Islanders and Ducks Final in the earlier start of the
playoffs.

How wrong I was.

Don't feel bad about that. It was all very likely to have happened.

Unfortunately I don't have the Simpsons version gif of this so I'm just going to substitute this gif instead:

zDUKQjy.gif

Replace anything else in my life with this GIF and I'll be just as happy as I am to see it now.

It's versatile like that.

ARGH MY GROIN

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry ducks...I was rooting for you guys and Sekac as well. Chicago is a beast of a team despite Marvie's question of their coach. This dominance might be over after this season with the rising salaries though.

For now, GO LIGHTNING AND GOOD OL TORANNA BOI STEVIE STAMMERKOS!

Beauch is the new Lydman.

Wiz and Vatanen for the future please.

At least Beauch didn't suffer that concussion to end his career.

So uh,

Fowler Despres
Lindholm, Wisniewski
Stoner Vatanen

Unless someone wants Stoner? Still think we can use one more top D man.

Our D 1-6 is better than Chicago's 1-6 but their 1-2 is better than ours. The difference.

Calamari41

41 > 38
At least Beauch didn't suffer that concussion to end his career.

So uh,

Fowler Despres
Lindholm, Wisniewski
Stoner Vatanen

Unless someone wants Stoner? Still think we can use one more top D man.

Our D 1-6 is better than Chicago's 1-6 but their 1-2 is better than ours. The difference.

I think another big difference is that we were essentially rolling with two rookie goalies this year. Barely any games played between them last season. Andersen should only improve from here, and he had a great season and post season barring a couple of performances.

Ducks, do you guys think Goalies will be an Issue now?

Fred didn't look too hot in the entirety of the playoffs tbh

Read my mind while I was typing. I think it's an experience issue, which can be fixed with development and conditioning. But there's no doubt that the lack of an experienced goalie is a large part of what's been holding us slightly back.

Andersen has had a good playoffs from my point of view, though. He basically single handedly won game 1 against the Hawks for us, and performed very well against a Calgary team that was getting tons of good shots off.

You're right. Andersen didn't have that 'stellar' game and sort of fizzled at the end (our turnovers didn't help either) but should be better next year with this experience to improve upon.

Giggzy

I'm excited to see Murray's thoughts on where the team is at right now. He's always brutally honest about our weaknesses to the media.

Am I in the right place? This is the Toronto statistics discussion thread, correct?

Welcome back to Overanalysing That One Shift That Leafs Player Took In 01/17/15.

Here's some stats on some rookies that statistically we may or may not draft. And here's some stats on those stats. Want graphs? We got those too. Wanna know what someone said on Leafs Lunch? You bet your bazookas we've got the stats on what that guy said.

Ducks, do you guys think Goalies will be an Issue now?

Fred didn't look too hot in the entirety of the playoffs tbh

He made key saves. Which is more than what Hiller could do.

We need an All-Star goalie, quick (I hate that I made that pun). Serviceable isn't good enough. Can Andersen become one? Can GIBSON become one? Well, they're kind of banking on that.

What work will Dwayne Roloson do with them this offseason to ensure that?

These and many more questions, coming soon in Ducks Offseason Report.

So hey, where can I see what injuries Ducks players were playing with?

Calamari41

41 > 38
Is it worth it to split goaltending duties a lot more between Andersen and Gibson next regular season? Not to punish Andersen or anything, but to get Gibson the experience that he also needs? Or does that then stunt Andersen's development?

It's too bad Hiller was such a bust, because we really are missing that stellar veteran goalie not just for game-winning purposes, but mentoring purposes as well.

That's why I'm really happy that Dwayne Roloson is our goalie coach. He's EXACTLY the veteran leadership and mentoring both goalies need.

I actually thought that this year was going to be the year that Gibson and Andersen were split 50/50 duties. I expect that this will be the case next year.

Calamari41

41 > 38
That's why I'm really happy that Dwayne Roloson is our goalie coach. He's EXACTLY the veteran leadership and mentoring both goalies need.

I actually thought that this year was going to be the year that Gibson and Andersen were split 50/50 duties. I expect that this will be the case next year.

Yup, and I'm sure that's why Murray felt comfortable making the moves he did at goal. And he was right to do it... As you said, Andersen may have faltered a bit, but Hiller would have seen us out in the first round or would have been benched like he was when Calgary came to town.

Ir2fIns.gif

Yeah we probably would have been eliminated in the first round with Hiller yet again.

Andersen is the guy unless Gibson takes the job from him, hopefully Gibson stays healthy so he can play more games. Remember we were overusing Andersen through the year and even resorted to using Labarbera and signing Ilya fucking Bryzgalov for insurance. Pretty happy Murray figured out a way to part ways with Bryz.

Top Bottom