• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Cake Boss

Banned
Don't even get why physically testing a bunch of 17 year olds is a thing and if anyone puts any stock into it into making their descion is beyond fucked up.

Remember when Bennet couldn't do a single pull up and everyone lost their shit. Now he's playing in a physically demanding conference as an 18 year old.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Don't even get why physically testing a bunch of 17 year olds is a thing and if anyone puts any stock into it into making their descion is beyond fucked up.

Remember when Bennet couldn't do a single pull up and everyone lost their shit. Now he's playing in a physically demanding conference as an 18 year old.

As hockey guys say... The physical testing doesn't mean much... Its the combine interviews that really matter

Yeah I guess, gotta test those characters!!!

We wouldn't have gotten Daigle if teams cared about that back then.

Of course in Ottawa now it's:
- Can you play defence?
- Are you 6'5+
- Can you hit other players?
- Do you have a pulse?
- Can you skate?

Congratulations, here's a 7 year contract offer.

Samyy

Leafs hired Dr. Jeremy Bettle as its new Director of Sports Science & Performance
Basically nutrition/physical training guy

zroid

Banned
Leafs hired Dr. Jeremy Bettle as its new Director of Sports Science & Performance
Basically nutrition/physical training guy

1237498_untitled.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers injury report time!

Ryan McDonagh - Fractured right foot, Game 4 ECF
Dan Girardi - MCL sprain, Game 4 ECF, also will have left ankle drained
Marc Staal - hairline ankle fracture, suffered late in the regular season, may require surgery
Keith Yandle - sprained AC joint in shoulder suffered in round 1 vs. PIT
Mats Zuccarello - skull fracture, brain contusion, temporarily lost the ability to speak or use his arms, currently undergoing speech therapy

That's everything so far. When you consider Kevin Klein missed the first round with a broken arm and Dan Boyle repeatedly got his bell rung, that's basically the ENTIRE defense in ragged shape. Certainly explains quite a bit about the Tampa series.

That's the playoffs for you, though.

Mats Zuccarello - skull fracture, brain contusion, temporarily lost the ability to speak or use his arms, currently undergoing speech therapy

How does the team doctor/whatever medical professional examined him still have a license to practice???

Ok read more and realized he didn't play after the injury. Still pretty messed up it got that bad D:

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
LOL, I may have said HAH. You got me a few times too.

That one map where you all got over 1000 and me with my lowly 699. (._.)

I swam directly into one coming around a corner.

We didn't end up on the same team enough, although I think I left you hanging once when you super jumped to me and I swam away as enemies started to swarm. Sorry about that if it was you lol.

Ryan McDonagh - Fractured right foot, Game 4 ECF
Dan Girardi - MCL sprain, Game 4 ECF, also will have left ankle drained
Marc Staal - hairline ankle fracture, suffered late in the regular season, may require surgery
Keith Yandle - sprained AC joint in shoulder suffered in round 1 vs. PIT

That's everything so far. When you consider Kevin Klein missed the first round with a broken arm and Dan Boyle repeatedly got his bell rung, that's basically the ENTIRE defense in ragged shape. Certainly explains quite a bit about the Tampa series.

That's the playoffs for you, though.

Holy Fuck, I guess the rumors I heard that it could be a career ending injury aren't as crazy as I initially thought.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I swam directly into one coming around a corner.

We didn't end up on the same team enough, although I think I left you hanging once when you super jumped to me and I swam away as enemies started to swarm. Sorry about that if it was you lol.

I can't remember now. I do remember super jumping on to a mine lol. But yeah, we weren't on the same team enough. And some of those people were crazy good.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, it sounds like Zuccarello is lucky to be alive.

Really puts it all into perspective.

There were a bunch of rumors swirling around during the second round that he was practically on his death bed in the hospital. I never brought them up in the playoffs thread because, well, they seemed a little outlandish and there wasn't really any proof. Then he showed up in the boxes at MSG and everybody just laughed off those reports.

Turns out they were a lot more accurate than we thought. Who knew?

Regardless, he's apparently recovering very well and is expected to be back for training camp.

Top Bottom