• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Calamari41

41 > 38
I found the combat in Witcher 2 to be terrible and horribly explained, and the tutorial level was fucking Bloodborne-level hard for me. Just a really bad first hour for W2, it killed the whole game for me.

It's much better in W3 and I found it fun from the beginning. It's definitely not as frustrating.

I've never played the Witcher 1 and it only had a handful of characters refrenced that I didn't know from 2. I think the game is much more enjoyable knowing what happened in the Witcher 2. Additionally, Witcher 3 has a character glossary that gives character background.

You've convinced me to give it a try. I'm glad to hear that the combat is better or at least easier to get into than in 2. I could just tell that it would take me way too much time to get good at it the way it was presented to me, so I moved on.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If Vancouver really is planning on riding out the rest of the Sedin's, Millers, Bieska, Hamhuis', careers, they're going to be a middle of the pack team for a while. Need to strip it down and just start retooling now.

Yawnier

Banned
If Vancouver really is planning on riding out the rest of the Sedin's, Millers, Bieska, Hamhuis', careers, they're going to be a middle of the pack team for a while. Need to strip it down and just start retooling now.

The Canucks team today reminds me a bit of the leafs team right after the 04 lockout. The very definition of a middle of the pack team.

zroid

Banned
LOL

CGlvnxLW8AAjpd0.jpg

Pikma

Banned
finally going to crack open Splatoon today I think, didn't have a chance to yesterday

need to add yalls NNIDs, those I don't have already anyway

edit: sent friend requests to a bunch of you from the NHLGAF list
We are friends already, aren't we?

Pikma

Banned
lamaroo

Playing Ranked play right now, just went 22-5 in my first Splat Zone match :O
Added you :p

Yeah Splat Zone is really fun, I made it to B- but then stopped because I prefer to wait to get decent gear before getting too deep into it.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Splat Zones is crazy. I think I prefer Turf Wars but I'll have to try it again. Only played Spalt Zones a couple of times.

At some point I should probably play more of the single player.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'm too scared to jump into multiplayer. I think I'll get used to these controls in SP so I don't embarrass myself in front of lamaroo.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm too scared to jump into multiplayer. I think I'll get used to these controls in SP so I don't embarrass myself in front of lamaroo.

Lol Pikma was just outclassing me in every game we played. As long as you shoot your ink on the ground that isn't already covered in the same colour you're better than half the players out there.

Just splat him with a seeker. It's what I do.

-_-

Calamari41

41 > 38
OK I just did a couple. This is fun, I just need to get used to the gyro controls and avoid sniper rifles!

Lol I keep getting mvp on my losing team, which means I'm being matched with some really shitty players

Pikma

Banned
Lol Pikma was just outclassing me in every game we played. As long as you shoot your ink on the ground that isn't already covered in the same colour you're better than half the players out there.

-_-
Ha! Took you by surprise, eh?
that's not true at all, the matches we played were pretty close, we were both top of our respective teams, it's just that I had the less shitty teammates :p

Socreges

Banned
Ownership will only sanction a partial rebuild right now. They want to focus on youth but also want to remain competitive and keep familiar names around. The 'Fool Yourself and Drive for Ninth' strategy.

I admire the aversion to building through the tank. I really do. But it's just too difficult with an aging core.

Quick

Banned
Ownership will only sanction a partial rebuild right now. They want to focus on youth but also want to remain competitive and keep familiar names around. The 'Fool Yourself and Drive for Ninth' strategy.

I admire the aversion to building through the tank. I really do. But it's just too difficult with an aging core.

That being said, it did kind of work. Retool vs. Rebuild, and they went with the former and got some playoff time from it.

Socreges

Banned
That being said, it did kind of work. Retool vs. Rebuild, and they went with the former and got some playoff time from it.
Depends on whether or not they're happy with first round exits with this core. And I don't think they are. But they are probably even more uncomfortable with the idea of getting rid of a core that has recently been so successful. How are you going to replace Hamhuis? The Sedins? When would their successors begin leading the team deep into the playoffs? 5 years? 8 years? How many organizations give their management team that kind of mandate without absolutely needing to? Not many.

So, here we are. Middle of the pack and hoping we get lucky and tank hard. Milquetoast for Matthews.

Calamari41

41 > 38
The brand is stale.

Commence the rebuild. Trade the Leafs Toews or Kane now.

Both are going to take 1 million per year for three years in order to jump on the Ducks bandwagon. They see the iceberg approaching and want to double up on Cups. Sorry Leafs.

Depends on whether or not they're happy with first round exits with this core. And I don't think they are. But they are probably even more uncomfortable with the idea of getting rid of a core that has recently been so successful. How are you going to replace Hamhuis? The Sedins? When would their successors begin leading the team deep into the playoffs? 5 years? 8 years? How many organizations give their management team that kind of mandate without absolutely needing to? Not many.

So, here we are. Middle of the pack and hoping we get lucky and tank hard. Milquetoast for Matthews.

Benning has made some good moves but I still think he is just slowing the team's inexorable decline, not arresting it. The Sedins aren't being replaced. The defence is thin after Tanev and Edler. Horvat has been a surprise but he's played one season. Lack and Markstrom are good but they're no Schneider or Luongo. The prospect pool is looking a lot better but when you compare it to the unmitigated disaster of the past 10 years anything would be an improvement. Gillis's cap-friendly NTC contracts are hampering efforts to get younger. You've got three big ones: Burrows, Bieksa, and Hamhuis. No one wants Burrows, Bieksa will likely veto any trade, and while Hamhuis would net the best return he's also one of the team's most important players.

Until they jettison the remnants of the aging core (that Miller contract looks worse and worse by the day) they will continue to ice a mediocre team until the Sedins retire. Hopefully then the wheels will fall completely off and they embrace the tank for a few years.

Socreges

Banned
Benning has made some good moves but I still think he is just slowing the team's inexorable decline, not arresting it. The Sedins aren't being replaced. The defence is thin after Tanev and Edler. Horvat has been a surprise but he's played one season. Lack and Markstrom are good but they're no Schneider or Luongo. The prospect pool is looking a lot better but when you compare it to the unmitigated disaster of the past 10 years anything would be an improvement. Gillis's cap-friendly NTC contracts are hampering efforts to get younger. You've got three big ones: Burrows, Bieksa, and Hamhuis. No one wants Burrows, Bieksa will likely veto any trade, and while Hamhuis would net the best return he's also one of the team's most important players.

Until they jettison the remnants of the aging core (that Miller contract looks worse and worse by the day) they will continue to ice a mediocre team until the Sedins retire. Hopefully then the wheels will fall completely off and they embrace the tank for a few years.
They're 34. I see them playing for at least another 4/5 years. Ideally if they stay fit they slot into serviceable 2nd line scoring roles eventually.

Of course, we'd need a first line for that to happen.

Pikma

Banned
We're more profitable than the Ducks, wut

Both are going to take 1 million per year for three years in order to jump on the Ducks bandwagon. They see the iceberg approaching and want to double up on Cups. Sorry Leafs.
Last thing I heard was that they were willing to sacrifice their salaries and play for free for Las Vegas Whatever

I remember the Ducks having one of the lowest television ratings of any team, they also could barely sell out when they won the cup, don't think their fanbase is the strongest, granted this was years back so it has had time to grow, but it was never great.

Calamari41

41 > 38

Last thing I heard was that they were willing to sacrifice their salaries and play for free for Las Vegas Whatever

More profit on similar revenue. Seems like we spend more or something.

I remember the Ducks having one of the lowest television ratings of any team, they also could barely sell out when they won the cup, don't think their fanbase is the strongest, granted this was years back so it has had time to grow, but it was never great.

According to the espn chart, our attendance has been solidly middle of the pack averaging 98% capacity. It was really bad in the 90s and early 2000s, when we were a joke. I don't know anything about ratings. The only thing I've ever read on that topic is that our series with Chicago drew more viewers in the LA market than the Kings' series with Chicago last year.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
someone remind me why do we put the finals thread in OT instead of community?

because the finals are an event

also it's the only time we're really allowed to make a thread in OT

RIP the time when we were one of the stickies in the OT forum

Top Bottom