• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Marvie_3

Banned
J0se8Lr.png

errrr what

there's no way that's true

maybe because they have a lot of frontloaded contracts, otherwise wat

It's a mix of a lot of clever accounting and paying back loans to Wirtz Corp. from awhile back. The Hawks make a fuckload of money.

Also, I think I'm supposed to post in here now because Tampa won the Cup in the 1st period.

Quick

Banned
You guys ever thought to look at the people Facebook populates on your Friend suggestion?

One of them caught my eye because she looked an awful like a friend of mine, and we had him as our mutual friend. I investigate and either this girl is his twin, or I just found out a friend of mine cross-dresses as an Anime maid or something.

/off-topic

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You guys ever thought to look at the people Facebook populates on your Friend suggestion?

One of them caught my eye because she looked an awful like a friend of mine, and we had him as our mutual friend. I investigate and either this girl is his twin, or I just found out a friend of mine cross-dresses as an Anime maid or something.

/off-topic

You have mutual friends with TUSR?

Quick

Banned
I should add that there really isn't anything wrong with what he appears to be doing, just that I was caught off guard by it.

Quick

Banned
Soo.. Uncharted Collection.

I've played all of the uncharted games but I wouldn't mind seeing what Uncharted 2 looks like on PS4

Same, but I haven't finished Drake's Fortune though. Enemies spawning like rabbits on one of the levels just made it difficult.

I'm surprised they're even doing Drake's Fortune considering how old it is, but I'm looking forward to seeing the updates to it. I hope it isn't just a visual bump and that they add in some technical fixes.

Same, but I haven't finished Drake's Fortune though. Enemies spawning like rabbits on one of the levels just made it difficult.

I'm surprised they're even doing Drake's Fortune considering how old it is, but I'm looking forward to seeing the updates to it. I hope it isn't just a visual bump and that they add in some technical fixes.

I hated throwing grenades in The First Uncharted because you had to use the Sixaxis

Cake Boss

Banned
The worst shit about this is that there is no room for a top 6 and he's creating a bigger log jam than already is one.

MacArthur-Turris- Stone
Hoffman-Zibenejad-Ryan

Where the fuck is this top 6 player gonna fit? Plus we have to develop our own players and give them some offensive touches instead of keeping them into the bottom 6 and watch them peak into 4th liners. Lazar, Puempel, Prince, Paul, Lindberg etc. Where are they gonna fit in the next 2-3 years.

zroid

Banned
Not that I agree with Murray's focus on acquiring "top 6 forwards" but to be fair I think the era of 3rd and 4th line roles is basically over anyways. If you have a lot of skilled forwards and some have to slot down on the 3rd and 4th line, it doesn't mean they won't be developing their skillset. Not unless they're forced to play a checking or defensive role -- but they needn't be. Balance is best.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Not that I agree with Murray's focus on acquiring "top 6 forwards" but to be fair I think the era of 3rd and 4th line roles is basically over anyways. If you have a lot of skilled forwards and some have to slot down on the 3rd and 4th line, it doesn't mean they won't be developing their skillset. Not unless they're forced to play a checking or defensive role -- but they needn't be. Balance is best.
I remember a radio bit LeBrun did during the trade deadline last season when a Montreal guy was asking about Bergevin looking for a top 6 guy and he asked if Eller could ever be one. LeBrun basically said that the idea of a top 6 and bottom 6 is dead now, and that most GM's look at it as your top 9, who can more or less rotate with each other. With how evenly ice time tends to be distributed now, and with more focus on skill and less on grind and grit, it's becoming more and more clear that this is how things are now.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The worst shit about this is that there is no room for a top 6 and he's creating a bigger log jam than already is one.

MacArthur-Turris- Stone
Hoffman-Zibenejad-Ryan

Where the fuck is this top 6 player gonna fit? Plus we have to develop our own players and give them some offensive touches instead of keeping them into the bottom 6 and watch them peak into 4th liners. Lazar, Puempel, Prince, Paul, Lindberg etc. Where are they gonna fit in the next 2-3 years.

4th line scrub Mike Hoffman on the second line?

Cake Boss

Banned

Even then its still a giant log jam, I am betting they really don't trust Hoffman on the 2nd line and want to bump him to the 3rd line.

I am all for making our 3rd line more of a scoring threat that's why I am not too opposed to letting go of Condra

The 3rd line is currently

Lazar-Pageau-Michalek

And still need to make space for Prince and Puempel.

Lazer can't go back to the 4th line with Chiasson and Zack Smith the offensive black holes, we need to develop him into a 2nd liner at least. And Michalek is getting paid $4M not to be on the 4th line.

Quick

Banned
:lol

No idea why he starts every tweet with a period though......someone needs to teach him how to tweet the right way

People do that on Twitter so their tweet towards another user isn't considered a mention, since mentions aren't seen on someone's timeline. But that's only if you have their @username as the start of the tweet. Subban's doing it wrong.

".@username play the right way" would be how you do it.
"@username play the right way" would only be immediately seen by @username and nobody else that follows whoever sent the tweet.

People do that on Twitter so their tweet towards another user isn't considered a mention, since mentions aren't seen on someone's timeline. But that's only if you have their @username as the start of the tweet. Subban's doing it wrong.

"@username play the right way" would only be immediately seen by @username and nobody else that follows whoever sent the tweet.

I remember sending something to the ancient aliens guy a long time ago basically asking him if he knew what empirical evidence was. His response to me had a period in front because he wanted his cult to harass me for him. They did for about 3 weeks.

My fiancee's mom moved to Alaska and is letting us use her ~$2500 bicycle. It's been sitting in her shed since last summer and she didn't bring it with her. Super nice. Took it for a ride today, did a few miles.

A few MILFs on the trail were totally checking me out. Twice. Motivation, homies.

And then I fucked up the chain or something so I have to get that repaired this weekend. On the plus side I called the local repair shop and they said with a chain + labor max cost is like ~$30. So that's not bad.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

He does it when he lands somewhere too, he'll tweet ".Toronto" or ".NYC" stuff like that, it's really odd.

I remember sending something to the ancient aliens guy a long time ago basically asking him if he knew what empirical evidence was. His response to me had a period in front because he wanted his cult to harass me for him. They did for about 3 weeks.
This is amazing.

Silexx

You know, I'm going to come right out and say it: I actually support Murray's plan to acquire a top six forward. And it's not because I don't think the blueline is fine as it is, but I also don't think that the Sens quite have the consistent scoring that some think they do.

Despite the breakout years that Stone and Hoffman had, there were still periods where got real cold (and let's not forget Bobby Ryan in there too).

At the end of the day, I'll judge any trade that Murray makes based on the quality of the return rather than the need it addresses. I'll add this caveat: this is not to say that all trades should be judged this way, just that in this particular situation, I think that the Sens can afford to aim for the best value in terms of return, regardless if they get a forward or defenseman.

Pikma

Banned
lol

Quick

Banned
I hated throwing grenades in The First Uncharted because you had to use the Sixaxis

This was terrible. Also having to use the Sixaxis when you have to balance while crossing on fallen tree stumps. And I don't think I've seen any option to turn it off.

Golden Abyss did a good job of giving players the option NOT to use the rear trackpad. And it was pretty cool (albeit a bit frustrating) having to move the Vita around near a light source to reveal something in-game.

Speaking of, I wish we got another Uncharted on Vita. Or Infamous. No offense to the Japanese games, but I just can't get into them, and I was hoping that Playstation would bring focus to games similar to Uncharted or their action/adventure lineups on the Vita.

:lol :lol :lol

Friend of mine likes Ancient Aliens, but he doesn't take it that seriously. Just an entertaining kind of show for him.

zroid

Banned

lol yeah that sounds like Twitter

calder

scouting report

My god, that is basically identical to my own tortured penmanship. I also have cursive so bad I just print block letters like a ham fisted farmboy who went to school for 4 years max during the Great Depression.

EDIT: my god I love that "ambitions outside of hockey" question. That must really stump half the kids who fill that out

This is amazing.

:lol :lol :lol

Friend of mine likes Ancient Aliens, but he doesn't take it that seriously. Just an entertaining kind of show for him.

lol yeah that sounds like Twitter

The best part of the entire thing was that some kid just kept saying over and over that I was just jealous that saiyan hair was on TV and that it makes him a smarter and better person than all of us. Pretty sure he was serious too, because if not he was VERY dedicated to the schtick.

Cake Boss

Banned
My god, that is basically identical to my own tortured penmanship. I also have cursive so bad I just print block letters like a ham fisted farmboy who went to school for 4 years max during the Great Depression.

EDIT: my god I love that "ambitions outside of hockey" question. That must really stump half the kids who fill that out

Winnipeg's fine educational system at work.

Socreges

Banned
You know, I'm going to come right out and say it: I actually support Murray's plan to acquire a top six forward. And it's not because I don't think the blueline is fine as it is, but I also don't think that the Sens quite have the consistent scoring that some think they do.

Despite the breakout years that Stone and Hoffman had, there were still periods where got real cold (and let's not forget Bobby Ryan in there too).

At the end of the day, I'll judge any trade that Murray makes based on the quality of the return rather than the need it addresses. I'll add this caveat: this is not to say that all trades should be judged this way, just that in this particular situation, I think that the Sens can afford to aim for the best value in terms of return, regardless if they get a forward or defenseman.
Sens still need a First Line Centre.

Calamari41

41 > 38

My mom unearthed some things of mine from kindergarten, and my handwriting has not changed even a tiny bit.

Pikma

Banned
Speaking of, I wish we got another Uncharted on Vita. Or Infamous. No offense to the Japanese games, but I just can't get into them, and I was hoping that Playstation would bring focus to games similar to Uncharted or their action/adventure lineups on the Vita.
When I bought it I didn't expect it to turn into a fucking anime dungeon crawlers machine, I mean, I expected the MH clones, but not that, now I have to keep it hidden in a drawer in fear of others thinking I'm that kind of person if they see it lying around

Such a wasted potential.

Pikma

Banned
My mom unearthed some things of mine from kindergarten, and my handwriting has not changed even a tiny bit.
Well, I actually managed to make it worse, the only improvement I've noticed is that I can write my name correctly now

Edit: ugh I wanted to edit, not double post, sorry :(

Top Bottom