• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

dem

Gaudreau clearly lying about his height.

6MOvqt4.png

zroid

Banned
No team is winning anything with Boro and Gryba as your "shutdown pairing".

Worst pairing in the East if not the NHL.

I dunno man we'll see what Toronto's 3rd pairing is next season. It could be pretty horrific. D:

Just speculating, assuming Pha9 is traded (and they don't get a NHL D-man in return), then:

Gardiner - Rielly
Percy - Polak
Erixon - Robidas

Quick

Banned
When I bought it I didn't expect it to turn into a fucking anime dungeon crawlers machine, I mean, I expected the MH clones, but not that, now I have to keep it hidden in a drawer in fear of others thinking I'm that kind of person if they see it lying around

Such a wasted potential.

I remember a time when everyone wanted a handheld PlayStation, and everyone thought it would be such a good idea. And it is, on paper. But Sony (and Nintendo) just killed the PSP and any momentum for it throughout its lifecycle.

Cake Boss

Banned
Garrioch:

Nobody is sure what the Sharks or Blues are offering in return but both have contracts with veteran forwards they'd like to move if they're going to take on Anderson's $4.2 million cap hit.

The Blues did shop forward T.J. Oshie and $4.175 million cap hit through 2016-17 at the March trade deadline while you have to think Sharks' GM Doug Wilson will attempt to peddle the contracts of veterans Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau. We all know how that has worked out in the past.

Yes pls

Quick

Banned
EDIT: my god I love that "ambitions outside of hockey" question. That must really stump half the kids who fill that out

Do they answer that just to make them seem like they're dedicated to hockey 100%, or is it really all or nothing for them?

Probably the latter, but I'd like to think them or their parents have some fallback plans, unless their parents are Jack Johnson's parents.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Do they answer that just to make them seem like they're dedicated to hockey 100%, or is it really all or nothing for them?

Probably the latter, but I'd like to think them or their parents have some fallback plans, unless their parents are Jack Johnson's parents.
From the ones I know, it's genuinely all they have. Most of these guys would have a hard time reading The Hobbit, not including Harvard Graduate Alex Killorn of course*. Not to mention a lot of these guys come from families with a lot of money they can fall back on, it's not cheap to fund your kids through hockey all the way to pro.

Mike Chambers said:
I do believe the Avs are trying to sign/have signed Russian F Alex Radulov and are high on draft-eligible Czech Republic C Pavel Zacha (who would likely need at least a year to further develop).
This is the guy who said PAP for Subban was possible.

ZeroGravity

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet
NHL/NHLPA Competition Committee has recommended changes to video replay rules and proposed use of a Coach's Challenge.

Coach's Challenge be adopted for expanded video review for goals that may have resulted from goaltender interference and offside plays.
Great news.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Great news.

woo

now the real question is how many

Hope they do it like tennis, where you get x reviews - if you're correct,you don't lose any, if you're wrong, you have less challenges remaining. Usually start with 3, but I can see how you might wanna do 2 for hockey.

ZeroGravity

They also stated they've yet to reach a concensus on what to do with the overtime rules, and that they'll be discussing it later this month. Shootout won't be going anywhere though.

woo

now the real question is how many

Hope they do it like tennis, where you get x reviews - if you're correct,you don't lose any, if you're wrong, you have less challenges remaining. Usually start with 3, but I can see how you might wanna do 2 for hockey.
Probably just 1.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
the coaches challenge was based around the timeout

you have many challenges.... as long as you're right. lol

Calamari41

41 > 38
You should get as many coach's challenges as you want until you're wrong.

If someone is using "too many" challenges, it means they're getting fucked.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

that's what I'm saying - you start with x challenges, and as long as you use it and are proven right, the number stays at x. If you're wrong, the number becomes x-1. Tennis works that way and it's great.

zroid

Banned

That's implied I think. Pretty sure it works that way in basically every spot.

The one wrinkle with hockey though is interference is at least partially subjective... so that could lead to some interesting situations

Calamari41

41 > 38
That's implied I think. Pretty sure it works that way in basically every spot.

The one wrinkle with hockey though is interference is at least partially subjective... so that could lead to some interesting situations

You're right. For some reason I was thinking you lose the review even if you're right in baseball, but I just looked at the rule and you do keep it.

ZeroGravity

From Pierre LeBrun:

The Edmonton Oilers and San Jose Sharks, it’s believed, are among several teams that have expressed interest to Ottawa on Lehner.

The Sharks and Oilers are going to end up competing on some of the same names. For example, sources say both clubs have also shown interest in Cam Talbot of the New York Rangers.
Could be a good bidding war going on here.

Oilers apparently called Anaheim about Gibson as well.

dem

Matthew Coller @MatthewWGR
According to Murray, Jack Eichel called him out on being disappointed after losing the lottery. That's pretty great.

Lol I think we dodged a bullet with Tim Murray, imagine having to deal with Cowens 8 year deal right now.

I think we are lucky Cowen turned it down thinking he can get more after his current deal is up.

Let's not kid ourselves. No contract offer goes out the door without BM and Melnyk approval

Even Murray retires he will still be de facto GM

Gibson for Taylor Hall. Let's do this.

Or Andersen for Taylor Hall.

Both goalies are RFAs after next year. Can't afford both. Someone will emerge as the clear #1 goalie. Then we should trade the other one.

Then sign Bryz again to be backup.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I have a Lucina amiibo. My life is complete.

I only ever wanted Ness, but I gave up on Amiibos that day he went up for pre-order in store only and was sold out the instant they activated the whole thing. I'm as big a Nintendo fan as anybody out there but to make it literally impossible to get certain figures without paying at least quadruple msrp is fucking bullshit.

I'm salty as shit about the whole ordeal because I know I'm just going to end up paying some scalper $60 for Ness.

Top Bottom