• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

zroid

Banned
I only ever wanted Ness, but I gave up on Amiibos that day he went up for pre-order in store only and was sold out the instant they activated the whole thing. I'm as big a Nintendo fan as anybody out there but to make it literally impossible to get certain figures without paying at least quadruple msrp is fucking bullshit.

I'm salty as shit about the whole ordeal because I know I'm just going to end up paying some scalper $60 for Ness.

it's pretty dumb

sorry you couldn't get Ness :(

might be worth waiting for a reprint, it seems like they're happening, ever so gradually. I bet once all the Smash characters are rolled out they'll focus on reprints.

Calamari41

41 > 38
it's pretty dumb

sorry you couldn't get Ness :(

might be worth waiting for a reprint, it seems like they're happening, ever so gradually. I bet once all the Smash characters are rolled out they'll focus on reprints.

Yeah I figure the prices at least can't get worse, so I'll just wait and see what happens. Would have bought the whole Fire Emblem crew without hesitating too, but oh well.

I have two Metaknights due to a Best Buy shipping error though, so I got that going for me.

Quick

Banned
Matthew Coller @MatthewWGR
According to Murray, Jack Eichel called him out on being disappointed after losing the lottery. That's pretty great.

:lol :lol

Having a "heart on your sleeve"-type GM seems like such an asset, but it can be such a detriment as well. That's the type of shit no prospect wants to hear.

Gibson for Taylor Hall. Let's do this.

Or Andersen for Taylor Hall.

Both goalies are RFAs after next year. Can't afford both. Someone will emerge as the clear #1 goalie. Then we should trade the other one.

Then sign Bryz again to be backup.

I'm gonna need to see Bryz in this mask again.

bryzgalov_mask_3.jpg

bryzgalov_mask_4.jpg

Pikma

Banned
I wish I got a Megaman Amiibo.
He isn't rare, is he? I found one at a GameStop in Anaheim a few months ago and bought it without thinking it twice, then after I came back I saw two more here in SD. And I have the worst luck in the world so it's definitely not luck.

zroid

Banned
He isn't rare, is he? I found one at a GameStop in Anaheim a few months ago and bought it without thinking it twice, then after I came back I saw two more here in SD. And I have the worst luck in the world so it's definitely not luck.

wasn't rare, no, but it's hard to find now. it was definitely readily available for a while though.

Quick

Banned
Is The Witcher 3 the type of game I can mine for XP to level up?

There's a ton to do in The Witcher 3, and I was thinking of taking some time to do side quests or something to boost XP.

Samyy

There's a ton to do in The Witcher 3, and I was thinking of taking some time to do side quests or something to boost XP.

Most side quests and killing monsters seems to net very little XP.

Should be careful doing main quests as they are the main source of XP and running through the story can over-level you for the side quests.

Quick

Banned
Most side quests and killing monsters seems to net very little XP.

Should be careful doing main quests as they are the main source of XP and running through the story can over-level you for the side quests.

I was just worried that maybe I'll hit a wall at some point in the story because I hadn't collected enough XP, since I've stuck to the main quests for the most part.

Fei

Eichel scolded Murray for being disappointed in losing the lottery. Then he told him he's better than McDavid and Murray has to draft him.

I just want to order this guy's jersey right now.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
No way Reilly comes here, we have a hard enough time giving ice time to the D prospects we already have.

Pikma

Banned

the main quest is pretty easy, way easier than a lot of other sidequests and situations you can find yourself in while exploring (e.g. monster nests, bandit camps, hidden treasures, etc.) So if you stick to the main quest you'll be just fine. You should try some of the secondary quests though, some of them are really fun and tell incredibly memorable stories

Quick

Banned
the main quest is pretty easy, way easier than a lot of other sidequests and situations you can find yourself in while exploring (e.g. monster nests, bandit camps, hidden treasures, etc.) So if you stick to the main quest you'll be just fine. You should try some of the secondary quests though, some of them are really fun and tell incredibly memorable stories

I'm on the Bloody Baron's mission. I like the options you get.

And I do intend on taking advantage of the large landscape and doing some side quests so I don't burn through the story.

On an unrelated note: what do you guys think of Shadow of Mordor? There's a GOTY edition out now that I'm thinking of getting.

Samyy

I was just worried that maybe I'll hit a wall at some point in the story because I hadn't collected enough XP, since I've stuck to the main quests for the most part.

Nah you should be able to do most of the story quests alright, even if you're a level or 2 below the recommended, provided you've gotten decent at the combat.

But, its not impossible to level of side quests, it just takes longer.

Pikma

Banned

And I do intend on taking advantage of the large landscape and doing some side quests so I don't burn through the story.

On an unrelated note: what do you guys think of Shadow of Mordor? There's a GOTY edition out now that I'm thinking of getting.
Don't do it, game has just one(!) neat idea, the nemesis system, everything else is boring and pretty damn mediocre, especially the story, and it's ridiculously repetitive too. It's a mix of Batman Arkham and Assassin's Creed, but it sucks, believe me.

Samyy

Gonna agree with Pikma, the game has good ideas but the execution was poor in building a complete game around it.

Map is boring and empty and the same damn grey rocks everywhere.

I'm hoping that if they do a sequel its more of a complete game, maybe some new areas in the south that haven't really been looked at, but I don't know if they have the rights for that stuff.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I made it to 20 yesterday, you guys are way behind. Also, I discovered the beauty of using blasters.

I can't get a handle on the blasters, I think I'm too used to charging at people and closing range. I never feel like I'm inking enough ground either.

Pikma

Banned
I can't get a handle on the blasters, I think I'm too used to charging at people and closing range. I never feel like I'm inking enough ground either.
Yeah, it took me quite a while but when it clicked IT CLICKED, it's ridiculously effective when you're playing in the more vertical maps like the mall and such

I'll catch up.

My bedazzled gun > your blaster.
I want to see that

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it took me quite a while but when it clicked IT CLICKED, it's ridiculously effective when you're playing in the more vertical maps like the mall and such

I want to see that

What's your NNID? The .52 Gal Deco just really clicked for me. I've been doing well with it. Even managed to get the top score a few times in a GAF game yesterday.

Pikma

Banned
What's your NNID? The .52 Gal Deco just really clicked for me. I've been doing well with it. Even managed to get the top score a few times in a GAF game yesterday.
PikmaGAF

Nice! I'd say I'm kinda above average but also pretty far from being as good as some people I've played against. Plus, my gamepad doesn't work properly, I have a lot of problems trying to walk sideways because my left stick is half broken
not an excuse though, I'll still try to destroy you :p

zroid

Banned
Should have gotten the Lucina figma instead.

what do you take me for, some kind of anime?

I was tempted but I don't have the money to go down that rabbit hole. Amiibo are bad enough. I bought one expensive figure (~$130) a few years ago and vowed never again.

Top Bottom