• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Cake Boss

Banned
Err, Sens made that policy because of the Russian flight risk and being burned one too many times as a result.

Yeah right this isn't 1995, there are many Russians that have came over to play in the CHL and have said they wanted to stay here. There is a higher risk that your NCAA drafted prospect leaves your organisation and joins another then for a Russian to go back to a weak KHL league.

Especially with the shitty health of the KHL, a lot more KHLers are looking to move to come back.

calder

Have you tried the herbalist in Skellige?

They need to add an 'auto-buy' option when you have the 'Alchemy' or 'Crafting' page up while buying from a vendor.

Nah the hides, and the troll livers, aren't ever sold by the vendors as far as I can tell. And there are only a handful of ekimmara's in the game, none of them random encounters. And you need at least 5 or 6 to craft all your oils. :(

I did love that asshole herbalist in skellige though, after you do that advanced herbalist quest for him he sells almost all the crafting recipes you might have missed up to that point. Hugely helpful. And being able to autobuy materials from the vendors if they are selling them would be a great feature, wish they had done that.

Of course, I mainly wish they had removed at least 20% of all the alchemy/crafting materials full stop and made the recipes and plans less annoying. Why do I need so many different kinds of leather for shit I won't ever make? Just get rid of half of that and then it's not such a nuisance to dismantle then craft then dismantle again just to get one more cured leather because the blacksmith only sold 3 and you needed 4.

Yawnier

Banned
Svechnikov would be one of the Russians I would be least concerned about flying back to Russia projected to go in the top 90. He's already played a year in the CHL, in Cape Breton of all places.

calder

It wouldn't surprise me if we dangled him out there to see if anyone bites. I HIGHLY doubt we would actually trade him unless the return was really, really juicy, but our cap situation is such that pretty much all options should be on the table.

Would he leave though? He has a full NMC this year (changing to a NTC this summer) and I don't think it's a partial on either end so no list of pre-approved teams.

Quick

Banned
There's one for Broken Bones or Death March and then one for just Death March. I beat it on Death March my first time through, I don't remember one for the lower difficulties. Also, there's a gargoyle you fight right after that, which was one of the only times I got hung up in the game.

Fata, I think it was you who I was talking about the Witcher difficulty with a while ago.

I'm really enjoying Witcher 3, and I think Witcher 2 was just a weird one-off experience for me. I might end up going back to W2 at some point. Still hoping they release it on PS3 or a remaster for PS4.

If it's like W2, it only looks at what your difficulty was set to in the final scene.

Not to say Trophies are what makes-or-breaks a game for me, but I figured, if it's something that can be claimed just by playing the game on a consistent difficulty, then why not. But if it doesn't count Normal or whatever it's called, then I'll probably just take it down a notch.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Would he leave though? He has a full NMC this year (changing to a NTC this summer) and I don't think it's a partial on either end so no list of pre-approved teams.

Well that's the other thing. I think he would if it was to another contender. I imagine it would be a pretty limited list of places, though. He wants to be here, and he wants to win here. That's one of the best things about this Rangers team, most of the guys legitimately WANT to be here specifically, but it also makes things like this a little more problematic. I know Brooks was trying to suggest shipping him to St. Louis earlier this week, because if there's anything St. Louis needs more of, it's players who disappear come playoff time.

I would say it wouldn't be shocking for Nash to go, but it would still be somewhat surprising.

We have a similar issue with Dan Boyle, who a lot of people want to see gone next season despite his rather limiting contract.

Silexx

Yeah right this isn't 1995, there are many Russians that have came over to play in the CHL and have said they wanted to stay here. There is a higher risk that your NCAA drafted prospect leaves your organisation and joins another then for a Russian to go back to a weak KHL league.

Especially with the shitty health of the KHL, a lot more KHLers are looking to move to come back.

What? They had Filatov, Nikulin and Zubov who either went back to Russia or threatened to do so when Sens management felt they needed more conditioning.

After that, Murray and co. basically came out and said they were not going to draft any more Russian players unless they knew they could crack the line-up right away.

Edit: I also forgot Kaigorodov as well.

Well that's the other thing. I think he would if it was to another contender. I imagine it would be a pretty limited list of places, though. He wants to be here, and he wants to win here. That's one of the best things about this Rangers team, most of the guys legitimately WANT to be here specifically, but it also makes things like this a little more problematic. I know Brooks was trying to suggest shipping him to St. Louis earlier this week, because if there's anything St. Louis needs more of, it's players who disappear come playoff time.

I would say it wouldn't be shocking for Nash to go, but it would still be somewhat surprising.

We have a similar issue with Dan Boyle, who a lot of people want to see gone next season despite his rather limiting contract.

A 31-year-old with a $7.8M cap hit for 3 more years. He's not going anywhere.

I'd like to see him traded, though, just for the meltdowns. Blockbuster trades are always fascinating (as long as your team isn't involved).

Listening to our sports radio (Buffalo) and they had Murray on. In the interview, Eichel told him "don't worry about picking #2, I'm going to be better than mcdavid".

I love him.

edit: I'm really late, discussed 2 pages back.

Foggy

Listening to our sports radio (Buffalo) and they had Murray on. In the interview, Eichel told him "don't worry about picking #2, I'm going to be better than mcdavid".

I love him.

edit: I'm really late, discussed 2 pages back.

Eichel is going to play with a chip on his shoulder and McDavid has to carry a dysfunctional organization on his shoulders. Should be interesting to see this narrative play out.

Gurianov will be ours.

Edit: Or maybe not.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 6m6 minutes ago
Really good ? on CHI. I believe Hawks want to get a 1st round pick in this draft. Patrick Sharp, I believe, will be traded. May get it there

Cake Boss

Banned
What? They had Filatov, Nikulin and Zubov who either went back to Russia or threatened to do so when Sens management felt they needed more conditioning.

After that, Murray and co. basically came out and said they were not going to draft any more Russian players unless they knew they could crack the line-up right away.

Edit: I also forgot Kaigorodov as well.

Who the fuck are those players.

Filatov was simply a shitty player with an attitude problem and didn't want to wait to make his money. And they knew that when they only gave up a 3rd rounder for him. I think we should stop drafting French players now that Dacosta bolted to the KHL.

I'd give up a first for Sharp. His contract isn't overly big or long and he's got lots of playoff experience. He'd be good for a young up and coming team.

Terrible fit for the Canucks, obviously.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
No mention of Friedman's report about Malkin being unhappy and welcoming a trade? He'd be an incredible mentor for AGally to be around.

Red_Man

What would you give up for him?
I imagine they'd want a first round pick, plus one of Beaulieu / Tinordi, and then a guy like Scherbak and a roster player. Steep price, the only thing that worries me is how injured he's been over the past couple of seasons.

Solo

Habs wouldn't get Malkin. They NEVER land those kind of players. See: Lacavalier (in his prime), Briere (in his prime), Hossa, Shanahan, and all the other endless top end talent that Habs fans thought they'd get that they never did.

Samyy

I imagine they'd want a first round pick, plus one of Beaulieu / Tinordi, and then a guy like Scherbak and a roster player. Steep price, the only thing that worries me is how injured he's been over the past couple of seasons.

That roster player has to be really good if that's the package.

Red_Man

Habs wouldn't get Malkin. They NEVER land those kind of players. See: Lacavalier (in his prime), Briere (in his prime), Hossa, Shanahan, and all the other endless top end talent that Habs fans thought they'd get that they never did.
Habs haven't iced a better roster or had a better management core since they last won the cup. I still don't ever expect it to happen, but the team is an a lot more of an attractive destination than its been in the last 20 years.

That roster player has to be really good if that's the package.
It would be a guy like Eller, Scherbak was a first round pick, plus another 1st round pick and then Tinordi / Beaulieu who were both first round picks and are NHL ready. That being said I imagine a lot of teams would offer up a better package. I'm not sure if I would even give up all of that for him, that's just what I assume they'd be asking for.

I'd give up Pleks, Tinordi, First Rounder, Fucale and maybe Hudon or someone and some how sneak in DD as well

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It's lame, but after a lot of hours in the Witcher 3 the little things are starting to piss me off a lot. Not even the usual small complaints like the hilariously bad "swimming" or the mild levels of jank throughout (typical for most open world-ish RPGs) but the crafting and alchemy shit.

Mainly, the lack of ekimmara hides pisses me off. I need like 3 more for some enhanced oils but those fuckers basically don't exist outside of a few witcher contracts, and they don't respawn. Come on cdprojekt, that's just bullshit, especially as all the good oils require one. Not to mention the alchemy and crafting UI is godawful to begin with.

:lol I share your pain, they're impossible to get

The only thing I am complaining about right now is that I can't play til the patch is out, because one of Roche's quests is bugged for me (he doesn't show up at the hanged man's tree) and that'll be fixed in the patch... but I don't wanna keep playing because of the Full Crew achievemnent and I'm all out of secondary quests now. Only have some treasure hunts and witcher contracts left atm :(

Silexx

Who the fuck are those players.

Filatov was simply a shitty player with an attitude problem and didn't want to wait to make his money. And they knew that when they only gave up a 3rd rounder for him. I think we should stop drafting French players now that Dacosta bolted to the KHL.

Yes, very funny. But this was four Russian players in the span of less than five years that attempted to strong-arm the Sens by using the KHL as leverage.

After that, Murray figured it wasn't worth the hassle to deal with the flight risk.

And this is all on record, Murray, Dorion and Lee have all confirmed this in interviews.

Jblanks

No mention of Friedman's report about Malkin being unhappy and welcoming a trade? He'd be an incredible mentor for AGally to be around.

opPWN4R.png

Not much to talk about.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Holy fuck Texas media, I just read an article that considered trading Daley, Nichushkin and a 1st rounder for Phaneuf a decent idea.

tqzGqEg.jpg

Late to the party, but...

NO! PLEASE GOD NO!

Do that shit, I'll start cheering for all of the Aeroes, Iguanas and Buzzards to come back into existence and promoted into the NHL.

Seriously, fuck that shit!

zroid

Banned
I'd give up a first for Sharp. His contract isn't overly big or long and he's got lots of playoff experience. He'd be good for a young up and coming team.

Terrible fit for the Canucks, obviously.

Yes. I don't see a 1st as an overpayment for him and his contract. Needs to be the right fit obviously, but that is true for anyone making significant money.

Quick

Banned
Quick, have you tried Gwent yet?

I suck at Gwent. But I'll take another shot at it after getting out of the cave.

Funny thing about it is it's available as a dialogue option when you speak to the Bloody Baron after he tells Geralt that he's taking too long to find his family.

Top Bottom