• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Pikma

Banned
I suck at Gwent. But I'll take another shot at it after getting out of the cave.

Funny thing about it is it's available as a dialogue option when you speak to the Bloody Baron after he tells Geralt that he's taking too long to find his family.
don't worry you'll see the light once you start getting decent cards :p

Have you found his family yet?

Yes, very funny. But this was four Russian players in the span of less than five years that attempted to strong-arm the Sens by using the KHL as leverage.

After that, Murray figured it wasn't worth the hassle to deal with the flight risk.

And this is all on record, Murray, Dorion and Lee have all confirmed this in interviews.

I'm sure the Ukrainian owner has nothing to do with it.

You're right of course.

They also said they'd never draft a goalie in the first few rounds and they did with Lehner so maybe they'll make an exception.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

I beat all the pros/quests but I'm still missing cards

NOOOOOOO

THAT MEANS I HAVE TO KEEP PLAYING ALL THE GODDAMN MERCHANTS AND INNKEEPS

Smiley90

It's lame, but after a lot of hours in the Witcher 3 the little things are starting to piss me off a lot. Not even the usual small complaints like the hilariously bad "swimming" or the mild levels of jank throughout (typical for most open world-ish RPGs) but the crafting and alchemy shit.

Mainly, the lack of ekimmara hides pisses me off. I need like 3 more for some enhanced oils but those fuckers basically don't exist outside of a few witcher contracts, and they don't respawn. Come on cdprojekt, that's just bullshit, especially as all the good oils require one. Not to mention the alchemy and crafting UI is godawful to begin with.

OY CALDER

GOOD NEWS

the newest 1.05 patch DITCHED all the goddamn ekimarra hides

wooooooooooooooo

Quick

Banned

"Working on it"

I feel like I took a detour on that when I found Keira, since all of a sudden, we're focused on Ciri's trail again.

calder

OY CALDER

GOOD NEWS

the newest 1.05 patch DITCHED all the goddamn ekimarra hides

wooooooooooooooo

tumblr_mgqm73Qd4I1s01wnto1_500.gif

In this gif, it's raining enhanced and superior weapon oils on Andy Dufresne.

Smiley90

tumblr_mgqm73Qd4I1s01wnto1_500.gif

In this gif, it's raining enhanced and superior weapon oils on Andy Dufresne.

I recently unlocked all the superior potion recipes

hot damn are they OP

Superior Golden Oriole - Poison now heals (in combination with the poison bomb, so good, or if you get your toxicity too high it heals you too)

Superior Petri's Philter - Signs always apply their effects (e.g. Igni burning, axii possession, regardless of enemy level/resistance)

Superior Tawny Owl - Stamina Regeneration Increase NEVER STOPS BETWEEN DUSK AND DAWN

that together with some decoctions and alchemy skills..... I need to reskill to make use of all this.

Quick

Banned
Report: Glen Sather uncertain about future as Rangers GM

Is the Glen Sather era coming to an end in the Big Apple?

The New York Rangers general manager certainly didn't squash the notion in an email exchange with Larry Brooks of the New York Post:

Glen Sather indicated in an email exchange with The Post on Friday that he is undecided about continuing as Rangers general manager.

Asked whether he would be returning for his 16th year as GM, or whether he had yet to make that decision, Sather replied: 'Sorry, I don't have anything to tell you.'

To the follow-up email in which The Post asked whether it would then be accurate to write that he is, in fact, undecided about his future, Sather responded: 'OK.'

Sather, 71, currently holds a lifetime contract with the organization, and has served as both president and GM since 2000. It's widely believed that assistant GM Jeff Gorton is the heir to the latter position, leaving Sather to serve as a figure head by strictly focusing on the former.

Brooks, in fact, reports Sather denied permission to both the Toronto Maple Leafs and Boston Bruins in regards to interviewing Gorton for their GM positions, lending credence to his standing as the front-runner if and when Sather does step up to the presidency.

Sather is currently up for the NHL's GM of the Year Award after the Rangers established franchise records for wins (53) and points (113) in a season, while also winning the Presidents’ Trophy and coming within one win of a return trip to the Stanley Cup Final.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Bettman says the expansion process could start this month.

TAMPA, Fla. -- NHL commissioner Gary Bettman shed more detail Wednesday on the possibility of expansion, saying that the formal process could potentially begin if given the green light by his owners at the June 24 Board of Governors meeting in Las Vegas.

During his state-of-the-game address before Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals, Bettman cautioned, however, that even if the NHL officially began the expansion process, it doesn't mean at the end of it that the league is guaranteed to add teams. It would depend on what the process uncovered.

"If after our discussion in June where I'm going to report where all of the expressions of interest stand, including what Las Vegas has been able to accomplish with the ticket drive, if the Board has any interest in pursuing it, my recommendation would then be to open a formal expansion process," Bettman said. "The board may say, 'That's interesting, but we still don't want to do anything.' That's an option. And even if they green-light a formal expansion process, it doesn't mean we're going to expand. It means we'll go through the steps of looking through things, and the conclusion at the end of that process could be very well no expansion. So it would just be a question of possibly looking at the expressions of interest and looking at them a little more seriously than we have."

The potential expansion cities include Las Vegas, Seattle and Quebec City.

AndHereWeGo.gif

that's way too many photos to be fake

Right?

The last two look like concept art.

I wanna believe but for some reason i thought.. maybe they mistaken this for deep down? then i saw the health bars. IF this is REAL, i think were gonna have weapon style changes like in Bloodborne, just a feeling.

Samyy

Mackenzie's comments regarding the Leafs drafting preference is interesting, albeit he stated it was his opinion.

The fact that they would take Marner over Strome makes sense, Marner appears to be the player with the higher ceiling, but, his comment on believing that they would take Hanifin over Strome is kinda curious.

I wonder what the basis for that second opinion is, can't be out of left field.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That's an underwhelming package. There's no way the Pens wouldn't demand Galchenyuk which would probably be a non-starter.

EDIT: Galchenyuk, two 1sts, Scherbak and Beaulieu I could see the Pens demanding (and Habs refusing). Malkin is still a PPG centre and among the best players in the world despite his injury problems.
I don't disagree, and that's one of the biggest reasons I doubt it could ever happen. Bergevin would never do that deal, and neither would I. Mortgaging that many key parts of your future isn't work it for one player, not in the NHL at least.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Between this and Malkin, these writers really have nothing at all to write about?

Sather is legitimately expected to leave the GM role to Jeff Gorton sometime soon, though. Writing has been on the wall for a while, and Gorton has been taking on more and more of the role over the past couple of years. A few teams have asked to speak with Gorton over the last several weeks, including the Bruins and Leafs (oh, now that I look back at that article it does mention that), and the Rangers have adamantly refused them.

It's not really an "if" so much as it is a "when." I think he wants to see this core he's put together win before he goes. If we won the Cup this year, I think it would have been a given that Slats would be retiring.

Since we didn't, I think it's more likely he sticks around for another year.

Quick

Banned
Quick's Witcher 3 update:

Got out of the damn cave, did the rest of Keira's quests, did Keira, caught Keira and sent her to Kaer Mohren, did the Pellar's quest.

Now I'm back to not having anything to do except finding the Baron's wife.

Quick's Witcher 3 update:

Got out of the damn cave, did the rest of Keira's quests, did Keira, did the Pellar's quest.

Now I'm back to not having anything to do except finding the Baron's wife.

When I get to a point like that I clear half the map's markers.

Did you fight the gargoyle? Fuck that gargoyle.

Quick

Banned
When I get to a point like that I clear half the map's markers.

Did you fight the gargoyle? Fuck that gargoyle.

Didn't find a gargoyle. Must have missed that room.

I stopped after helping the Pellar. I'm probably just gonna start clearing markers until something leads me forward. I also found his daughter earlier on.

Pikma

Banned
Didn't find a gargoyle. Must have missed that room.

I stopped after helping the Pellar. I'm probably just gonna start clearing markers until something leads me forward. I also found his daughter earlier on.
The Baron's quest is so damn good, enjoy!
Tim Murray probably just wants to prevent himself from falling for Connor again, like you might try to avoid seeing your ex because it hurts to see her.
:lol

zroid

Banned
Tim Murray probably just wants to prevent himself from falling for Connor again, like you might try to avoid seeing your ex because it hurts to see her.

Interestingly, McDavid passed a note under the table to the interviewer from Toronto...

It leaked out for some reason, Mark Hunter should probably keep closer tabs on stuff like this.

IjFWGg5.png

yyzjohn

Banned
Interestingly, McDavid passed a note under the table to the interviewer from Toronto...

It leaked out for some reason, Mark Hunter should probably keep closer tabs on stuff like this.

IjFWGg5.png

Leafs can trade Kessel + Phaneuf + autographed pic of Babcock for Edmonton's #1

Socreges

Banned
Leafs can trade Kessel + Phaneuf + autographed pic of Babcock for Edmonton's #1
So tired of my Leafs fans friends talking about how the Leafs just need to get the no.1 pick from Edmonton, as if it's only their decision to make. Edmonton would never do that.

Top Bottom