• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

zroid

Banned
re: interest in Kessel

We should trade him to Vegas. They're gonna desperately want some offense after getting everyone's scrubs from the expansion draft. Can probably get some nice draft picks from a team which will be guaranteed to suck. Phil would have to consent to it but of course he'd agree to play in Vegas!

Razorskin

----- ------
re: interest in Kessel

We should trade him to Vegas. They're gonna desperately want some offense after getting everyone's scrubs from the expansion draft. Can probably get some nice draft picks from a team which will be guaranteed to suck. Phil would have to consent to it but of course he'd agree to play in Vegas!

The Vegas buffets are going to get cleaned out.

zroid

Banned
(cross post)

You realize expansion teams are usually exempted from drafting very high for a few years...i would expect that neither LV/Quebec (if they expand) would not be able to pick 1/2/3 for a couple years

No I didn't know that!

still, a 4th overall+? I'd take that easy

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Who wants to sell me their Wii u? :D

I'll sell you my invisible one at no cost!

TUSR showed me this,

ICIctO0.jpg

zroid

Banned
any team that (A) needs offence, and (B) doesn't have a GM obsessed with "character and leadership" will probably be interested in Kessel

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out, Phil. But I hope you're only moved if we get a good package back.

Phil + Dion + Leafs' 1st for McDavid. Do it Shanny.

Sather is legitimately expected to leave the GM role to Jeff Gorton sometime soon, though. Writing has been on the wall for a while, and Gorton has been taking on more and more of the role over the past couple of years. A few teams have asked to speak with Gorton over the last several weeks, including the Bruins and Leafs (oh, now that I look back at that article it does mention that), and the Rangers have adamantly refused them.

It's not really an "if" so much as it is a "when." I think he wants to see this core he's put together win before he goes. If we won the Cup this year, I think it would have been a given that Slats would be retiring.

Since we didn't, I think it's more likely he sticks around for another year.

I remember the rumors years ago when they said Messier was getting groomed to become GM. I just think it comes down more to Sather so it's kind of pointless to ask. Dolan would never just kick him out so it's when Sather gets tired of his plaything and with almost winning a cup, I can't see him just bolting without another cup.

Edmonton wouldn't do it. You do realize that?

I think it's hilarious that Leafs fans know so little that they think trades are done by number of players. Dion is no way a positive to that trade or makes it more appealing. No one wants to be saddled with that shitty contract Toronto gave to him.

Cleary’s 36 now, his best days a long ways off in the rearview mirror. He’s played over 1,000 NHL games, more than any other NHLer from this province, and he’s been beaten and broken up. He plays, for all intents and purposes, on one leg, thanks to a crippled knee.

But you know what? He still yearns to play, hoping there’s a spot somewhere in Detroit next season.

“Are you kidding me?” he asked rhetorically. “I live for it. You don’t play this long without loving the game. I love to practise, I love to skate, I love working out. I love everything there is about hockey.”

Cleary will be an unrestricted free agent come July 1, and plans to speak with Red Wings’ general manager Ken Holland about Detroit’s plans soon.

Sources within the Red Wings’ organization suggest Holland and Detroit management are big on living up to their word, and there was some kind of agreement a couple of years ago between Cleary and the team that the Wings would take care of him after turning down a couple of big offers to remain in Detroit.

As part of the deal, apparently, there was a handshake agreement on another contract for 2014-15, which they agreed on last July. And yet another for 2015-16. Supposedly. Maybe for a Detroit discount of $750,000 or so.

lVtq0EN.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I don't know if I want Phil Kessel to be a Hab. But I do like Pikma's Idea that he ends up being a Dallas Star.. That would be Funny

Don't worry Montreal doesn't have the assets to even entertain a Kessel trade. :3

edit: Don't do this to me Crazed! I've already prepared my heart for Cleary!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

And yet when I tried to say Holland was the one that should be fired, everyone on the Mlive boards kept trying to tell me it was Babcock that wanted him here. "It was all Babcock! Holland wouldn't do that!"

Probably why Ottawa is stuck with Chris Phillips until the next Ice Age.

Some backroom agreement to pay them long after they stop being a useful player.

gaming_noob

Since the Bruins are in cap trouble and Hamilton needs a new 6-7m per year contract will the Oilers offer:

Drasaitl + 16th overall?

Seems like a good fit

Since the Bruins are in cap trouble and Hamilton needs a new 6-7m per year contract will the Oilers offer:

Drasaitl + 16th overall?

Seems like a good fit

Definitely could be but I can't see Boston dumping Hamilton anytime soon. He's their defender of the future. Especially with Chara slowly declining and eventually retiring.

And yet when I tried to say Holland was the one that should be fired, everyone on the Mlive boards kept trying to tell me it was Babcock that wanted him here. "It was all Babcock! Holland wouldn't do that!"

Well, Babs was the issue early on, giving him top 6 ice when he nowhere near deserved it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I remember the rumors years ago when they said Messier was getting groomed to become GM. I just think it comes down more to Sather so it's kind of pointless to ask. Dolan would never just kick him out so it's when Sather gets tired of his plaything and with almost winning a cup, I can't see him just bolting without another cup.

Correct, it's 100% up to Sather. It's a matter of whether he wants to step down or not.

Top Bottom