• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Quick

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1059073

mcclean-ugh.gif

4. For the first time since 2004, the NHL appears to be closing in on a transfer agreement with Russia. Deputy commissioner Bill Daly said prior to Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final that things were getting close, and it’s apparently a four-year agreement — tying into the length of the other deals with European countries. Right now, the NHL and KHL agree to honour each other’s contracts, but this will allow a per-player fee should a jump be made.

COMMIES

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-nhl-to-ban-shot-blocking-techniques/

Quick

Banned

Big news. Probably puts to rest some trepidation from GMs into signing Russians and tapping into the KHL pool in general. The current way for KHL players to jump to North America is pretty shitty. The per-player fee can really be a huge burden for players.

And Immediate 3-on-3 in OT would be pretty sweet. So much open ice. 4-on-4 to 3-on-3 seems like a good option. The shootout has run its course.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Well, they spefically say status quo isn't happening, so my guess is three-on-three happens.

Want more scoring? Make it three-on-three and no defensemen can be on the ice.

Quick

Banned
It isn’t just the goaltenders being targeted. NHLPA special assistant Mathieu Schneider declined to comment, but, according to a couple of sources, he introduced thoughts about disallowing certain shot-blocking techniques. Without his commentary, it’s difficult to know exactly what he proposed, but in 2008, then-Canadiens GM Bob Gainey recommended banning full-body sliding while in the defending zone.

Not sure how well this could go over with players. It'll probably reduce injury, but it just seems to be very restrictive of the game.

Not sure how well this could go over with players. It'll probably reduce injury, but it just seems to be very restrictive of the game.

Shot blocking with better equipment is a big reason why scoring is down, though banning it would be kind of dumb. I'd also guess that most injuries happen due to going down and one knee and blocking with the shin, leads to more fractures whereas fully body slides lead to more bruises.
Nyj9cWz.gif

Shot blocking with better equipment is a big reason why scoring is down, though banning it would be kind of dumb. I'd also guess that most injuries happen due to going down and one knee and blocking with the shin, leads to more fractures whereas fully body slides lead to more bruises.
Nyj9cWz.gif

We just need more powerplays.

Start calling shit like it was 2006.

Imagine watching five Avs pp's per game!

Quick

Banned
Gainey and Schneider are bozos, apparently.

Nyj9cWz.gif

So if they do move forward with restricting shot blocking, do they call a penalty for sliding?

That's really dumb, still.

In 05-06 16 guys had more points than this year's scoring leader. A lot more PPs is the only way I think we'll ever see multiple players with 100+ points in a season again.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?sea...&country=&status=&viewName=summary&sort=&ord=

I dislike too many PP's. They upset the flow of the game and leaves too many of the same players on the ice. If both teams have 8 PP's each that's 32 minutes (or less) of a game taken up.

They shouldn't increase the net size, but players are getting bigger, faster, and stronger, and the ice isn't getting any bigger. I would say cut down on equipment size but that could lead to more injuries.

Doing something about shot-blocking could reduce injuries and increase scoring at the same time, but how do you tell someone not to fall down on the ice? It's part of the game.

I dislike too many PP's. They upset the flow of the game and leaves too many of the same players on the ice. If both teams have 8 PP's each that's 32 minutes (or less) of a game taken up.

The problem is that letting players get away with interference does the same thing.

Clutch and grab slows the game down :/

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Tim Thompson said:
So fast forward to last year, and while with Hockey Night in Canada, I was contacted by the Habs to send them my openings after they were done, so Michel Therrien could show them to the team in their pre-game meetings to pump them up.

If only Therrien had the same taste in hockey systems as he does in hockey montages.

Top Bottom