• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Mike Chambers said:
That's not to say Stuart, Redmond, Nate Guenin and Nick Holden don't belong on the team. They are simply better equipped to play third-pair roles or add depth.

:lol No, they don't fucking belong on the team.

:lol No, they don't fucking belong on the team.

I'm willing to give Redmond a little tiny bit more time and after the first season Holden had him too. But in a competitive setting, where they either put up or get shipped the fuck out. But we don't have the personnel for that soooooooo they're here forever.

I'm willing to give Redmond a little tiny bit more time and after the first season Holden had him too. But in a competitive setting, where they either put up or get shipped the fuck out. But we don't have the personnel for that soooooooo they're here forever.

Holden had a severe drop off from his first season, and it's not like that was that great anyway, he just looked better in comparison to Guenin. Holden's contract is bad too, as is Stuart's. Hejda will likely be gone which makes the defense even worse and if he returns he is one year older. I wouldn't mind Sekera, he didn't work out in LA, but sometimes that's just how mid-season acquisitions go.

I am equally excited to see Nathan McKinnon in Montreal.

FTFY :3

lVtq0EN.gif

Oh My God....

God Bless that Organization. Dan Cleary for Prime Minister

yyzjohn

Banned
Wait... No I didn't.

Those are filthy lies!

And if I did I was way too enebriated.

I've been on the McDavid hype train for years

All I remember from last year's draft Ho-Sang was getting hyped to no end by you, think you said he was the best player in the draft. Someone commented that he had as much talent as McDavid, apologies if it wasn't you. I do remember I referred to him as the Jamaican Gretzky after that comment.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
All I remember from last year's draft Ho-Sang was getting hyped to no end by you, think you said he was the best player in the draft. Someone commented that he had as much talent as McDavid, apologies if it wasn't you. I do remember I referred to him as the Jamaican Gretzky after that comment.
Lolwtf.

Yawnier

Banned
I really liked what I saw of Rantanen at the WJC, one of the few bright spots on that team finland.

Trade JVR for Rantanen

Thomas Vanek had sports hernia surgery
Left winger Thomas Vanek, who had no goals in the playoffs, underwent surgery in Philadelphia for a sports hernia last week, Fletcher confirmed. Typical recovery is six weeks.

“It bothered him for a lot of the second half,” Fletcher said. “We gave it some rest, but it didn’t seem to be getting better, so we opted for the surgical route. We expect him to be 100 percent by training camp.”

Kind of explains some things, I guess. But then again he played a lot better in the 2nd half than the 1st half. Hopefully he does better next year.

And our very own Cleary situation:
For months, it has been presumed that the Wild would buy out the final year of veteran Niklas Backstrom’s contract this month. Hampered by injuries the past five years, the 37-year-old struggled this past season, particularly after Darcy Kuemper was injured in January. It was Backstrom’s final start of the season Jan. 13 at Pittsburgh — a 7-2 loss — that precipitated the Jan. 14 trade for Devan Dubnyk.

Well, as it turns out, the Wild might not be permitted to buy out Backstrom. General Manager Chuck Fletcher confirmed Sunday that Backstrom underwent elbow surgery after the season.

“He had a procedure done at the end of the season to clean up a problem that happened earlier in the year,” Fletcher said. “I honestly don’t know the full prognosis at this point, but it’s not a long-term thing and we’re hoping that he’ll be good to go in short order and healthy.”

this-is-bullshit-o.gif

From Friedman's Thirty Thoughts
29. Marc Bergevin may need to make a “money-out” trade to lessen the impact on the cap after the Petry signing. This is in my own head, but I look at Minnesota and Montreal and wonder if, in any way, there’s a Mikko Koivu deal to be made. He’s the kind of player the Canadiens could use at centre.

Another Koivu....?

Top Bottom