• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Montresor

Well I won't plan what kind of snacks I eat, but I do get incredibly excited for the MS conference each year. The past two years I have always missed the E3 conference since I work 7am-3pm. But on the MS E3 conference days, I always avoid GAF, come home, and then watch the whole conference on the Xbox (in 2013 I watched it on 360, in 2014 I watched it on XB1). MS is good about archiving their whole conference for streaming during E3 week. So I will sit back and watch the whole MS 2015 conference whenever I get home next after work next Monday.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
When was the last time an E3 wasn't a complete disappointment? I learned a long time ago to expect nothing.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
A bunch of Microsoft marketers just talking to each other in here.

I really dislike my Xbox One, if that helps. Worst system of the big three by far. Other than Forza Horizon 2, absolutely zero games I enjoy. I bought it on the faint hope of a new Banjo-Kazooie game.

Quick

Banned
The one and only time I've ever "prepared" for E3 was 10 years ago. Friends and I were watching G4TV and midway through everything, we decided that it was pointless wasting the day watching an entire day's worth of live coverage and just went outside to hang out somewhere.

Surface Pro 4 with Skylake I would definitely consider. Right now I have an iPad Air 2, so I can wait.

What's the ultimate Heretic setup?

PC Desktop - Windows
Laptop/Tablet - Surface Pro
Phone - Windows Phone
Console - XBOX One, but XBOX 360 is fine

Search Engine: Bing
Maps: Bing
Browser: Microsoft Edge (coming soon to Windows 10!)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
When was the last time an E3 wasn't a complete disappointment? I learned a long time ago to expect nothing.

For me... 2013. Because KI.

But it's been since 2007 since E3 was really good

Sitting through the press conferences all day sucks, you can just look a day later at the things you're interested in.

You crazy. I always take a week off for E3

Its the unofficial start of summer for me... lounging in the back yard, drinking beers and watching conferences... then at night i get to watch the cup finals

Nintendo's 2012 showing crushed my soul.

Since then I've never been overly hyped for E3.

nintendo-e3-gallery-425_620x413.jpg

Red_Man

I refuse to believe anyone legitimately uses Bing without being a Microsoft employee.

For me... 2013. Because KI.

But it's been since 2007 since E3 was really good
I fell for the hype so many times, and it just never even comes close. When I gave up on E3 was around the time I started to play games less and less, but even lately I haven't seen anything to blow me away.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Not even sure there is going to be anything big...

FO4 was there big one for me. We'll see trailers and some more trailers of remasters and shitty peripherals. I don't expect there to be a big reveal.

After Last Year at PSX. I don't think I can really hyped about Anything Square Enix. That FF7 PC port HD Announcement Ruined me for a good week. I'm cautious of what to be hyped for now there's going to be megatons of course but we can't always get what we want at E3/ any other convention.

I watch all of E3 despite not giving much of a shit about most of it for the last 5-6 years. I used to write for a few different sites and had to cover it but at this point it's just kind of an old habit. I wonder what new inventive ways Nintendo will let everyone down with this year.

Calamari41

41 > 38
And so many posters get mad when anyone makes fun of "gamer" stereotypes. Unreal.

Edit: Holy fuck that thread is 9 pages. What the fuck.

Hold the fucking presses. I thought that the thread was about the food that E3 attendees eat. And that the linked poster was showing what he has in his hotel room and brings along with him to the convention center. That was bad enough.

But are these people just randoms posting about the food they're going to eat while just watching coverage of the convention?

tqzGqEg.jpg

These are the self proclaimed opinion makers of the industry, ladies and gentlemen. The people telling the From Software "B Team" that their output isn't good enough.

Red_Man

But are these people just randoms posting about the food they're going to eat while just watching coverage of the convention?

These are the self proclaimed opinion makers of the industry, ladies and gentlemen. The people telling the From Software "B Team" that their output isn't good enough.
Gotta stay hydrated during those intense couch sessions bro. Posting gifs on Gaf for 4 hours straight can really tire you out.

Red_Man

Colby Armstrong said:
The playoffs beard blocks the face off nobody that they wanna market anyways. All the big stars they wanna market have teen stashes.
:lol :lol

That ether

Did we ever get confirmation that Getzlaf had a fractured foot and Lindholm had a separated shoulder or whatever people were saying?

I... Dunno. Never heard or read or saw anything. It was all so quiet on that front.

Maybe we were just so healthy that our performance was embarrassing on its own merits instead.

Horrifying.

Samyy

Nice little org chart made by theleafsnation.com for Leafs-gaf
Still have a lot of people to hire, mainly scouts and assistant coaches. Comparing this to what we had last year, basically everyone is gone.

I thought Yawney did the penalty kill which isn't bad. Lauer did the power play.

You know who might know something about running a power play? Scott fucking Niedermayer. Instead he just tells the defenseman stories about how effortless his skating is.

"Did I tell you boys about the time in 2001 when Scott Stevens challenged me to a race around the world in 80 days?"

@kid_ish: The assistant who had run the PP and was spared last year. https://t.co/0nFPxONUbW

Red_Man

Still have a lot of people to hire, mainly scouts and assistant coaches. Comparing this to what we had last year, basically everyone is gone.
Reminds me of when Bergevin took over and how many new people he brought in, and how many new hockey ops positions he created within the organization. Regardless of how the season goes for the Leafs this year, it looks like they're going in the right direction anyways.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
OT-GAF too good

This is not a stealth brag thread. This is more of a problem than a good thing. Almost everything that I do has come extremely easy to me. From when I was a child, to an adult. Football, Basketball, Juggling, Drawing, Music, Video Games, too many to list. But, I think this "gift" has been more of a curse.

I've never worked hard for anything during my adult life. I don't know if I could if I wanted to. Any time there is an obstacle that requires hard work to overcome, I give up. I honestly believe I may have an underlying problem that saps me of all motivation. I can't focus on one thing. I'm always flying back and forth between tasks without even realizing I switched. I'll end up on Gaf, with an hour passed and not even think about it. This is something that I need to change.

This may sound stupid to most, but I can't be alone in this.

I was just about to just say fuck it, and delete this. I really want to hear what yinz have to say about it though.

so much for being good at everything

Looking like a step in the right direction for the leafs.

Top Bottom