• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Pikma

Banned
I watch all of E3 despite not giving much of a shit about most of it for the last 5-6 years. I used to write for a few different sites and had to cover it but at this point it's just kind of an old habit. I wonder what new inventive ways Nintendo will let everyone down with this year.
You're not fooling anyone, you used to write E3 fan fictions while eating ten different kinds of Doritos and drinking your own piss because you didn't want to miss a moment of it
BxFSohH.png

akJCCCL.png
ah what a fucking waste, it's going to be that kind of year isn't it?

Calamari41

41 > 38
I... Dunno. Never heard or read or saw anything. It was all so quiet on that front.

Maybe we were just so healthy that our performance was embarrassing on its own merits instead.

Horrifying.

The "people" on the HFBoards were talking about it as though it were confirmed, but like you, I haven't seen or heard anything officially out of the Ducks on the topic of injuries.

Probably the norm in youth hockey leagues in Canada, too.

Maybe not to the level of bribery, but it's definitely political in minor hockey, something that's embarrassingly apparent living in BC.
I just find the story doubly funny given my friend just signed a contract with that team lol

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Blundell originally said Leafs trying to trade for Canes pick

Which was something like (roster player) + 24th for Semin + Skinner + 5th OA

Roster player is likely kessel or JVR but potentially phaneuf or kadri

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Since when does Blundell have any connections to the NHL in any way? Being polite when I call him a hack.

DopeyFish

Since when does Blundell have any connections to the NHL in any way? Being polite when I call him a hack.

He probably has sources with the Leafs and only the Leafs

Kinda like Eklund with Philly... you know he has them, you're just reluctant to trust him when he opens his mouth

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Blundell originally said Leafs trying to trade for Canes pick

Which was something like (roster player) + 24th for Semin + Skinner + 5th OA

Roster player is likely kessel or JVR but potentially phaneuf or kadri

:looooool

I mean, even Roster player + 24th for Semin OR skinner +5th would be a stupid trade for the Canes

DopeyFish

I mean, even Roster player + 24th for Semin OR skinner +5th would be a stupid trade for the Canes

The idea is... carolina wants to bury those contracts badly. They can't exactly afford them. Skinner is one concussion away from retirement and Semin was a healthy scratch near the end of the year and they make like $13 million between them

Thing for the Leafs... if we take both of those poisonous contracts and Horton comes back... loooool

We'll be beyond cap hell

Red_Man

NHL doesn't have a player even close to LeBron

Seriously, anyone who's not familiar with Blunden should completely disregard anything he says. He's an idiot until proved otherwise.

Samyy

Reminds me of when Bergevin took over and how many new people he brought in, and how many new hockey ops positions he created within the organization. Regardless of how the season goes for the Leafs this year, it looks like they're going in the right direction anyways.

I can only hope man
Gonna wait and see what they do this FA before being satisfied.

Red_Man

Lemieux maybe

but even so a single hockey player can only influence the game so much (except goalies). you can easily be a one-man show in basketball.
The NBA definitely lends itself to being carried by a single player, but even still not even Crosby comes close to having the impact on the sport that James seems to be able to have. It's like he's playing with cheat codes in an EA game.

Calamari41

41 > 38
The NBA definitely lends itself to being carried by a single player, but even still not even Crosby comes close to having the impact on the sport that James seems to be able to have. It's like he's playing with cheat codes in an EA game.

A lot of that has to do with the fact that you're not allowed to touch another basketball player.

Red_Man

Battlebots is coming back? Fuck. Yes.

I can only hope man
Gonna wait and see what they do this FA before being satisfied.
There's too many smart people in that group now to pull another Clarkson. Shanahan surrounding himself with a lot of smart people which is how you become successful.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Red Wings beat writer Ansar Kahn says Holland appeared 100% certain he would re-sign Cleary.

This freaking guy.

Samyy

Battlebots is coming back? Fuck. Yes.

There's too many smart people in that group now to pull another Clarkson. Shanahan surrounding himself with a lot of smart people which is how you become successful.

Yea it's looking good, waiting to get better is gonna be painful though.

I like this Hampus Lindholm kid... He wants to be the best.

"I want to be the best defenseman in the league," the normally soft-spoken Lindholm said without hesitation. "If you don’t have that as a goal, I don’t know why you’re playing.

"I want to be the best one every night, I want to be the best one on this team, and that’s what I’m working for. I’m going to work this summer to be in the best shape I can be in, then come into camp and be as good as I can be."

Red_Man

Yea it's looking good, waiting to get better is gonna be painful though.
At least it's leading to something positive, where as before you knew it was going no where. I'm actually jealous of all the Leafs coaching and stats hires, they seem to be ahead of the pack right now. So far Bergevins biggest weakness has been his ignorance regarding coaching which could end up costing us.

zroid

Banned
I kind of hope the Cavs win this just so we can make it official that Toronto is the most pathetic sports city in North America

Quick

Banned
I'll be on set that day so will end up eating whatever the caterers bring

It's called craft services, you fucking pedestrian.

You're clearly not in with the industry and that's just sad. You're probably in one of those independent film sets.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I like this Hampus Lindholm kid... He wants to be the best.

"I want to be the best defenseman in the league," the normally soft-spoken Lindholm said without hesitation. "If you don’t have that as a goal, I don’t know why you’re playing.

"I want to be the best one every night, I want to be the best one on this team, and that’s what I’m working for. I’m going to work this summer to be in the best shape I can be in, then come into camp and be as good as I can be."

I love it! With the (rightful) focus on Getzlaf, Perry, and Kesler, it'd easy to forget just how young our team really is. The future is promising.

Merguson

Banned
Teams talking to Leafs about Kessel.
Teams talking to Leafs about Phaneuf.

Hence, Leafs are up to something very big! Maybe.. two things!

Samyy

I still remember that draft when the Ducks took Lindholm, the reactions were pretty funny, same with the Rielly pick.

I think Trouba is still the best D from that draft for now.

Red_Man

LeBron just dropped the word "grit" to describe that Australian guy. Somewhere in Montreal Bergevin is picking up his phone trying to trade for him.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I still remember that draft when the Ducks took Lindholm, the reactions were pretty funny, same with the Rielly pick.

I think Trouba is still the best D from that draft for now.

I think the reactions to Rielly were more to do with Burke's comments than the player himself. Anyone paying attention knew he had serious talent.

ZeroGravity

So, uh, what the hell is going on in Arizona? Apparently the City of Glendale is trying to void their agreement with the Coyotes? Possibly even tomorrow?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So what's this about Glendale and the Coyotes?

GLENDALE, ARIZONA --- In response to the posting issued this evening by the City of Glendale of a special meeting of council tomorrow to explore the possibility of canceling the professional management services and arena lease agreement between the City of Glendale and IceArizona, Nick Wood, of the Law Firm Snell & Wilmer, outside counsel for the Arizona Coyotes issued the following statement:

“This is a blatant attempt to renege on a valid contract that was negotiated fairly and in good faith and in compliance with all laws and procedures. In the event the City Council initiates any action to revoke, repeal or otherwise rescind the agreement, the Coyotes will immediately take all actions available to them under the law against the City of Glendale.”

Coyotes Co-owner, President and CEO Anthony LeBlanc added, “This action by the City of Glendale is completely ludicrous, especially in light of the fact that myself and Andrew Barroway visited with the City yesterday and the particulars of this were never raised. In fact, we to this moment have not been advised of this other than the notification on the City website. The City of Glendale is displaying a complete lack of good faith, business acumen or an understanding of a business partnership. We want to reassure our great fans that the Arizona Coyotes are committed to Glendale and playing at Gila River Arena.”

DopeyFish

One day there will be a movie made about the coyotes and the complete lack of insanity displayed by all parties involved.

Top Bottom