• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Marvie_3

Banned
Marvie I thought we were bros now?

RyzBNvX.gif

Backward compatibility for the Xbone is pretty neat, glad I kept my games. Installing Mass Effect right now, hope they add the DLC soon as they said it would be supported.

yyzjohn

Banned
Ya think?
Is there anybody seriously interested in that flake? I can see Phaneuf moving, everybody needs defencemen, but Kessel is a Leaf for the rest of that contract unless it's just another desperation salary dump for junk.

You're kidding yourself if you think there's no market for Kessel. Dude can flat out score even when playing with scrubs. Put him on a good team and he'll score 40+

Silexx

Jesus Christ the Jays Commentators for Sportsnet are HORRIBLE.

There's nothing good about Sportsnet

Nothing

Wait, which commentators are you talking about here? Buck Martinez is awesome and I shall not have you soil his good name.

Unless you're talking about Greg Zaun and that other dude. Then yeah, they're dumbasses.

Pikma

Banned
You're kidding yourself if you think there's no market for Kessel. Dude can flat out score even when playing with scrubs. Put him on a good team and he'll score 40+
I think it's less about there being a market for him and more about giving whatever the Leafs are asking for.

calder

Buck and Tabby are idiots, but they're idiots I'm comfortable with and accept. I love that they clearly kinda hate the fucking Orioles too.

Also, 5 years ago at Target Field my friend drunkenly screamed BUUUUUUUCK at the broadcast booth loudly enough that Buck jerked around in his chair.

zroid

Banned
Buck and Tabby are idiots, but they're idiots I'm comfortable with and accept. I love that they clearly kinda hate the fucking Orioles too.

Exactly. Lovable idiots.

There is nothing remotely likable about, say, Glenn Healy or PJ Stock.

Lots of teams would want Kessel. But not at his contract.

$8M is what you give to your franchise player, top point getter, backbone of your offence, etc. The only teams that Kessel will accept waiving his NTC for are all contenders and all are already paying huge salaries for their top players.

The Leafs would have to retain salary, and I can't see them doing that.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Lots of teams would want Kessel. But not at his contract.

$8M is what you give to your franchise player, top point getter, backbone of your offence, etc. The only teams that Kessel will accept waiving his NTC for are all contenders and all are already paying huge salaries for their top players.

The Leafs would have to retain salary, and I can't see them doing that.

why do people keep bringing up salary retention like it's a magical tool?

retention is expensive and restrictive. For example... retaining $2 million across the contract is $10 million in money and $10 million in dead cap... so for every million on phils contract that you use retention on... it's probably worth a first round pick

retention isn't really intended for big contracts. mainly smaller deadline deals.

Top Bottom