• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

It's a joke perhaps. We just hired Nonis so he can have a job until Calgary calls him offering a spot to take along with Burkie.

Beleskey better not break the bank.

Quick

Banned
Do the Leafs get a draft pick for Nonis?

Yo Ducks, you got any of them...draft picks?

TyroneBiggums.jpg

Report: Islanders' Okposo 'could be on the trading block'

The New York Islanders don't hold a first-round pick in this year's draft, so if they want one, they'll have to make a move.

Acquiring a first-round pick would mean trading a valuable member of the team, but the club could be willing to deal forward Kyle Okposo, according to Arthur Staple of Newsday.

"Kyle Okposo, who is entering the final season of a five-year, $14-million contract, could be on the trading block, according to two league sources outside the Islanders' organization," Staple writes.

The sources told Staple "nothing is imminent."

The 27-year-old has one year remaining on his contract, which will pay him $2.8 million next season before he becomes an unrestricted free agent next summer.

Though general manager Garth Snow wouldn't confirm an Okposo deal, he did suggest the team could be looking to acquire a higher draft pick.

"There's a lot of different scenarios that could play out," Snow said. "There could be a trade where we acquire a first or a second. We prepare the same way for this draft that we have in past drafts, because you just don't know what's going to happen."

Okposo had 18 goals and 51 points in 60 games during the regular season.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/783610

Avs are getting rid of the Yeti foot alternate logo in lieu of a new one, it's rumored to be like the Colorado state flag. The new third jersey is also rumored to be like the Rockies jersey, so it's possible that's the alternate logo. Doesn't sound like the stupid apron stipes have been removed which sucks, they're so bad.

Really hope they don't use the flag's colors though.

Oh i thought he was there as Burke's right hand man when they won. My bad. I guess you don't want him then.

You were pretty close though. So Burke had Nonis as his right hand man in Vancouver. Bob Murray was also there. Burke got fired and then got a job with Anaheim. Brought along Bob Murray when they won the Cup. While this was happening Nonis stayed in Vancouver.

Anaheim wins the Cup in 2007

Year later Nonis fired from Vancouver and then hired by Anaheim. Burke left Anaheim for Toronto and Bob Murray took over. Then Nonis followed Burke to Toronto.

I really think Calgary will come calling for Nonis when they have a spot open.

Yo Ducks, you got any of them...draft picks?

TyroneBiggums.jpg

Yes. We will take Kessel from you.

Don Cherry ‏@CoachsCornerCBC 7m7 minutes ago
1) Have you voted for Josh Donaldson yet? If not, what are you waiting for? Deadline is July 2nd. Make Canada proud

Also:

Dean Millard @DuckMillard
Hearing the #Oilers have relieved some scouts of their duties. Draft a week from yesterday.

Seems like a perfect time to sell on Okposo. Physical players age generally age much worse than finesse players, and he only has a year left on his current deal. He'll be 28, and will want a big contract with max term. I could see that contract being a big issue a few years after he's signed.

FUCK IT

DO IT CAPS

I feel bad hoping that McDavid and the Oilers will suck, but it is what it is. I don't want to see another dynasty in the NHL, especially given the crazy luck they've had and how it hasn't been entirely deserved.

I hope the Leafs will get their act together and not run up against a brick wall dynasty or anything like that.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I feel bad hoping that McDavid and the Oilers will suck, but it is what it is. I don't want to see another dynasty in the NHL, especially given the crazy luck they've had and how it hasn't been entirely deserved.

I hope the Leafs will get their act together and not run up against a brick wall dynasty or anything like that.
No way it turns into a dynasty. They still have a lot of holes to fill and one player, even one like him, isn't going to change that.

Best player in the world (that's not named Price) is Crosby and even he can't carry a team with Malkin there. Ovechkin is also a superstar and look what happened. Tavares is just hitting his prime and while he carried the Isles, it's not enough.

Oil DESPERATELY need goaltending and defense. McDavid isn't going to be on every shift and if they keep having those controller disconnected problems that keep plaguing then, I don't see any hope for them.

Strangely enough, I do think Bernier and Phaneuf might help but there are obviously much better players to target than those two. I'd throw a pick and maybe a prospect to get Talbot and trade the other 1st rounder for a reliable D and maybe see if they can snag a few defensemen via FA.

Top Bottom