• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Quick

Banned
Pls don't trade Okposo. Pls

E6Qcehv.gif

Parch

Oilers shouldn't overpay for a goaltender. Hopefully a lesson was learned with Dubnyk that they can't keep blaming goaltenders and throwing them under the bus. It's the horrid defense in front of them that is the major problem.

I'm not saying Scrivens is the answer. It's just that I don't want them overpaying for somebody's backup. The good trade resources would be much better spent on improving that defense and should be the top priority.

Pikma

Banned
Oilers shouldn't overpay for a goaltender. Hopefully a lesson was learned with Dubnyk that they can't keep blaming goaltenders and throwing them under the bus. It's the horrid defense in front of them that is the major problem.

I'm not saying Scrivens is the answer. It's just that I don't want them overpaying for somebody's backup. The good trade resources would be much better spent on improving that defense and should be the top priority.
The Oilers obviously need Lehtonen, he's the perfect solution to their problems.

Avs are getting rid of the Yeti foot alternate logo in lieu of a new one, it's rumored to be like the Colorado state flag. The new third jersey is also rumored to be like the Rockies jersey, so it's possible that's the alternate logo. Doesn't sound like the stupid apron stipes have been removed which sucks, they're so bad.

Really hope they don't use the flag's colors though.

Don't worry it's going to be this.
Colorado-new-logo.jpg

Or did dubnyk only do well because of Minnesota's defence

This is a big part of it and why there are issues with a new contract right now.

In the past two years the Wild has seen good to great net play from Kuemper, Bryzgalov, John Curry, Dubnyk, and at times Backstrom.

One of those is an AHL goalie, one is out of the league, another is injured so often he should get bought out but can't because he's injured, and then we have young Kuemper and Dubnyk.

While almost all of them have been consistent and while all of them had a night or two pulling a solo act and getting a win, the Wild's defensive structure is what benefitted the most. The roster isn't filled with all stars but Suter + Brodin is a great pair, and Scandella + Spurgeon is growing to be one of the better second pairings in the league.

Was Dubnyk fantastic and did he save the Wild's season? Chyeah.

But Kuemper and Backstrom were sieves, having anybody back there that could save a shot would have given the rest of the roster the same confidence boost they got.

Dubnyk had a specacular back half of the year last season and deserves some reward, but if that guy is taking the crazy pills that are rumored ($5m a year for 5+ years) then he will walk and on many teams in this league he will be exposed as an average goalie. At best.

dem

I'd take Lehtonen in a second..

He would know what he's getting into. He's played behind no defense his whole career.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sum of GP by non first round picks by the Oilers from:

2007 - 2014: 470 games

2006: 476 games

Its impressive just how bad theyve been.

To put this into perspective: between just Subban (2nd 2007) and Gallagher (5th 2010) the Habs have gotten 573 games

No wonder they're firing everyone.

Also from Friedman's 30 thoughts today:

Good to hear, hopefully this signifies the end of the Desharnais era.

Parch

Good to hear, hopefully this signifies the end of the Desharnais era.
Size should always be a consideration on draft day. Hoping that little guy taken late 1st or 2nd round ends up as one of the rare elite producers is risky. Minor league numbers from high skilled small players might look flashy, but that's hard to reproduce at the NHL level when they're facing the big boys.

Pikma

Banned
It's crazy how all it takes is one bad year for people to turn on a goaltender.
It's crazy how he kept having meltdown after meltdown, from start to finish, his goaltending was some of the most inconsistent I've ever seen.

To put it simplier: sometimes I could not tell the difference between the games where Lindback started and those where Lehtonen did.

But sure, why not wait until he bothers to fix himself and he magically starts playing decently again, who knows, it might be this upcoming season!

Quick

Banned
It's a vicious cycle with young goaltenders.

Teams want a Price or a Lundqvist and think they have a future franchise goalie, but they either shove them into the roster too quickly, or trade them for another hopeful future franchise player. And when they're in the lineup too early into their development, they don't succeed most of the time, leading to the GM to possibly just trade him as an added incentive to a deal.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Who wants to see the Rangers clowning some commies at the
qOgViKM.png

?

Yeah, you know you do.

Zucc, back from the dead:
0gRJkMC.png

(He scored twice, by the way, though that's probably at least partially like how Putin tends to put up big numbers when he plays for Russia.)

Here's Kevin Hayes performing the Swedes' native art:
J5xMHGJ.gif

Derick Brassard, not to be outdone:
rb75ub0.gif

Standard Chris Kreider fare:
l7kLw0g.gif

Hockey!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'd like to just take a moment to thanks the gods...my penis is back in working order.

She came back from the Islands this morning, I was worried...

First time was some near limp dick drunk sex, which she dumped me for, the whole "You pounded me like a hooker" incident of 2015 (never forget)
Which still boggles my mind how I did so, I know my shit was up and down like a trombone slide. To be honest all I remember is stumbling out of this Cuban restaurant drunk as fuck, suggesting head while I went over the bridge, then dropping $125 for a Holiday Inn room for an hour...and my ween acting the fool.

Second time on her couch was baby dick, some tears (no, not me..I waited to the ride home) and a near break-up.

Third time was some average sex where I still was a shakey lil bitch. Head game saved the day I reckon on that one.

Tonight was Slay-athon...week away from her and enough dirty text did the trick. 3 hours of smack it up, flip it, rub it down Oh NOOOOO.
Feeling like god mode right now at 4am.

But...its been 5 weeks since we met on Match and she dropped these bomb on me afterwards.. "Would you move in here?" "We could covert the downstairs office into your sons room"
I'm 6 months out of a 14 year relationship, and a widower, shes 2 months out of a 19 year relationship 9 year marriage (High school sweethearts) I'm 36 with a 13 year old, shes 35 with a 2, 4, and 6 year old.

Dont get me wrong, shes HOT, brilliant, funny, and we ALWAYS have fun...but I dont know if I put much faith into finding THAT person so quick..but, I think I am falling in love with her...or I just may have to be honest.

Ah well, dinner and a movie tomorrow night...then I get the luxury of coming back to her house at 10:30 when her kids go to sleep.
Both of us are still being incognito due to the kids involved, plus theres always the chance her phycho ex is stalking the house and beats the shit out of me.
Sorry my skinny little Burberry wearing ass is not going toe to toe with a Rob Zombie look a like mofo, Im fetal positioning that beat down like a champ!

Next weekend tho...thats when the party starts lol
fAtpVYv.png

If any of this is to extreme lemme know, I dont want to get banned and will remove it if so.

3Usiw.gif

Top Bottom