• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Yeah with the draft coming up and me meeting a few Wild players on Tuesday, I'm excited for this week.

Really hoping some contracts get done too. Granlund and Haula soon plz.

Also based on comments I would assume that since I didn't like the first ep of True Detective last season I wouldn't like this season either.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Stop whatever you're doing in that shitty video game and go find the Baron's wife instead!!!!

I made a bad decision. I freed the evil spirit to save the orphans, which cursed Anna leading to her death. Then the Baron hanged himself :(

Pikma

Banned
I should have known better, lol.

Wont someone please think of the children.
as soon as that possessed horse's eyes turned red I knew I had fucked it up. Didn't expect to be that big of a fuck up though, I felt bad enough when he made those villagers go mad and kill themselves. Did not expect to see the Baron hanged when I went for my reward.

iLLmAtlc

Speaking of witcher, is over levelling a big problem in this game? I'm already like 5 levels over the main quest requirement and I still have several side quests left.

Honestly it kinda stresses me out to be overleveled for so many outstanding quests >_>

I'm also a bit perplexed by the level requirements sometimes. They recommended 16 to get to skellige followed it with like a lvl 12(?) quest and several other lower level ones.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Speaking of witcher, is over levelling a big problem in this game? I'm already like 5 levels over the main quest requirement and I still have several side quests left.

Honestly it kinda stresses me out to be overleveled for so many outstanding quests >_>

I'm also a bit perplexed by the level requirements sometimes. They recommended 16 to get to skellige followed it with like a lvl 12(?) quest and several other lower level ones.

Yeah there are some lower level ones on Skellige, you don't HAVE to wait til 16 to go there.

I've found overlevelling a bit of a problem, but it's not that bad. I'd recommend doing some main story quests and sidequests interchangably, not just leave the main quest totally on the side.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
New TD is different in a lot of ways from the first season which is probably throwing some people off. I enjoyed it except for the corny 80's detective music throughout the episode. Mcadams is going to kill it.

Edit: Lol at reading the thread for it, Gaf just loves to shit on anything. I swear the majority of posters on here go into movies / shows / games with the bias to hate it so they can bitch and complain on here. This is why I almost always avoid those threads until after I've seen something for myself.

New TD is different in a lot of ways from the first season which is probably throwing some people off. I enjoyed it except for the corny 80's detective music throughout the episode. Mcadams is going to kill it.

Edit: Lol at reading the thread for it, Gaf just loves to shit on anything. I swear the majority of posters on here go into movies / shows / games with the bias to hate it so they can bitch and complain on here. This is why I almost always avoid those threads until after I've seen something for myself.

The biggest problem is "it isn't season one" which isn't even a problem. Give me that Mann/Only God Forgives inspired LA-neo-noir.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The biggest problem is "it isn't season one" which isn't even a problem. Give me that Mann/Only God Forgives inspired LA-neo-noir.
I wasn't as impressed with it as I was with the first episode of season 1, but it's a new setting with a big cast, I'm going to wait before I start saying how great or awful it is. Some people in that thread are acting like Palazoo came and personally shit on their living room floor.

Socreges

Banned
This is a really boring thing to say, but. Evernote's photo-into-document feature is outstanding. I know the tech exists elsewhere, but I love how useful it is in Evernote.

Quick

Banned
This is a really boring thing to say, but. Evernote's photo-into-document feature is outstanding. I know the tech exists elsewhere, but I love how useful it is in Evernote.

I love Evernote.

Do you have the Scannable app on your phone? It's a scanner, basically. I use it for my receipts and important documents. Works like a charm.

RC

Banned

Can't say I enjoyed it. Too many charecters were introduced at once and alll seemingly more fucked up than the last. They almost felt like charictures.
I'm sure the show will get better, but it was a rough start.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm ready for the draft.

In Shanaplans we trust.
Reports seem to suggest you'll need to change your avatar and I'll need to get a new jersey...

I'll always be a Kessel fan wherever he goes. Dude beat cancer and only wanted to do well but he's one of those naturally gifted ones that did well and it was good enough instead of pushing himself. He is easily demoralized and I honestly think one of then worst decisions from the Leafs was to let the media gain as much access to him as they did. Once he's gone and doesn't have to worry about people shitting on him, he'll play better and the media will spin it against him somehow too.

Once he and Phaneuf are gone (reports also seem to suggest this as well) the Burke era is truly over and Shanaplans are in full effect.

Hanifin, Provorov, Marner, Strome, Barzal, etc. I hope we someone get 2 or 3 of them. We'd still need a goalie but we really need to restock as we don't have any elite prospects besides Nylander at this point. If there is any year to go all out, it's this year. I'll even take on some shitty contracts if it means we can get those picks*

*offer not valid on players from Mimico.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

It's not just GAF. My Facebook feed was lit up with comments on how terrible it was.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I thought TD episode 1 was interesting. Lots of forced exposition since we have to set the pieces up and get to the mystery.

I didn't love it, but looking forward to seeing more.

Socreges

Banned
I love Evernote.

Do you have the Scannable app on your phone? It's a scanner, basically. I use it for my receipts and important documents. Works like a charm.
Hmm, nope. Is it different from what I described, though? Evernote does the same thing when you press the camera icon, unless I'm mistaken.

dem

4 more sleeps

Connor McFranchiseSaver

pLbPOBO.gif

Kids,
Say your prayers, eat your vitamins, and buy your McDavid Danglers today.

zroid

Banned
Speaking of MS, I got the prompt yesterday to "reserve" my free upgrade to Windows 10...

I hope my netbook doesn't buckle

Curufinwe

I thought TD episode 1 was interesting. Lots of forced exposition since we have to set the pieces up and get to the mystery.

I didn't love it, but looking forward to seeing more.

I felt the same. A lot of people on the internet enjoy getting angry over TV shows for some reason. If I don't like watching something I stop watching it.

Curufinwe

Getting mad over TV seems weirder to me since it's either free, or something you usually don't pay for directly. There also seems to be a lot of wannabe directors/show runners who think they're a lot smarter than they actually are.

Quick

Banned
Hmm, nope. Is it different from what I described, though? Evernote does the same thing when you press the camera icon, unless I'm mistaken.

Scannable is Evernote's document scanning app. It basically uses the camera and tries to get a nice clean scan of the document you want to save.

My pimping of MS for the day:

Have you tried Office Lens?

Is that the same thing as a document scanner?

Socreges

Banned
Scannable is Evernote's document scanning app. It basically uses the camera and tries to get a nice clean scan of the document you want to save.
Yeah, so that's what I use but I've always seen it integrated seamlessly in Evernote and not called 'Scannable'. *shrug*

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Is that the same thing as a document scanner?

Yup, probably similar to Scannable. It auto crops and flattens the image document.

Socreges

Banned
Yup, probably similar to Scannable. It auto crops and flattens the image document.
Yeah, same thing. Then you can modify the image in a number of ways. What makes it so useful for me, though, is how intuitive it is within the overall app. I've now got a notebook for my vacation with travel docs, directions, relevant PDFs, maps, lists, etc. Super easy.

Top Bottom