• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Whether trades happen or notes I'm crossing my fingers for Hanifin. I really want Toronto to have a stud defenseman, someone journalists/players/fans will pencil in as a Norris candidate year-to-year.

I've lately been leaning more towards Hanifin but really Marner/Strome/Hanifin you can't go wrong ultimately.

Buddies of mine are losing their mind they just see the word "centre" on Strome and immediately only want him, anyone else is a failure in their eyes.

I've been setting them up to expect Marner or Hanifin since it looks like Strome is gone to Arizona.

calder

Back to work after a 5 day weekend.

*weeps*

But srsly, you'd think I worked in a coal mine in 19th century england or something.

Silexx

According to Garrioch :

The Senators would like to get a forward back in the deal but there's also talk around the league it could be expanded to include a defenceman.

Guys, I think Murray is slowly starting to get it.

dem

3 more sleeps

AcclaimedTidyAxisdeer.gif

Foggy

Right now the Jackets are rolling with a ton of forwards. These are the ones with one-way contracts:
Artem Anisimov, Cam Atkinson, Jared Boll, Rene Bourque, David Clarkson, Marko Dano, Brandon Dubinsky, Nick Foligno, Scott Hartnell, Boone Jenner, Ryan Johansen, Jeremy Morin, Corey Tropp, Alexander Wennberg.

Then there's Matt Calvert who's an RFA and Mark Letestu who's a pending UFA.
On top of that there's guys like Wild Bill, Oliver Bjorkstrand, Sonny Milano, Kerby Rychel, Josh Anderson.

If I were to guess, the mostly like guys to be part of a package in some way would be Anisimov, Atkinson, Calvert, Rychel, Anderson, and maaaaaaaybe Milano. Throw in some picks and I'm not sure there's any trade-eligible defenseman they can't land with all those guys to work with.

So yeah, Jarmo's gonna be wheeling and dealing in the coming weeks looking for good defensive additions, particularly if Provorov is off the board by the time the 8th pick rolls around.

.... I just want a competent defenseman. That's all I want. We need more than that, but lets just address the most immediate need for now. Sign Sekera and or Green pls. Pls. Pls.

Pls.

.... I just want a competent defenseman. That's all I want. We need more than that, but lets just address the most immediate need for now. Sign Sekera and or Green pls. Pls. Pls.

Pls.

Yes to Sekera, can't afford Green too though. My hope is Sekera plus someone who comes cheaper.

calder

Pronman just posted a really interesting breakdown on McDavid vs Eichel but I refuse to post it as it may arouse Oiler fans. And fuck those guys.

dem

Canuck fans.. how fucking annoying is it that you're being forced into trading Eddie Lack? I mean.. seriously.

Pronman just posted a really interesting breakdown on McDavid vs Eichel but I refuse to post it as it may arouse Oiler fans. And fuck those guys.

:(

Canuck fans.. how fucking annoying is it that you're being forced into trading Eddie Lack? I mean.. seriously.

If there's one position the Canucks are actually okay with, it's in net. Miller, despite his age and contract, is still a good goalie for the next couple years. One of Markstrom or Lack will be the future starter: Markstrom has the higher ceiling but could also be a bust if he doesn't fix his mental lapses. Lack has proven himself but his body of work isn't extensive and he wasn't great in the playoffs.

It depends on what happens with Talbot. Lack is the same age with 25 more games played. Talbot has better stats on a better team. If the return for Talbot is substantial, Lack could fetch something close to that. If not, I can see Markstrom being dealt.

Sucks that Eriksson signed in the KHL before the goalie situation was resolved but I don't think he would've ever made the NHL. Once Lack/Markstrom is gone our goalie future rests all on Demko.

calder

Apparently some team offered 2 2nd rounders for Can Talbot but was declined.

Now, we swoop in with our first rounder (25th overall) and get it done.

Then we trade Pavelec to the Oilers. Did you guys see that crazy shutout run to end the season? That was amazing!

ryan299

Man revenue didn't go up much this year based on that cap. Players had to use their escalator clause to get the cap to go up.

The league really needs to fix it's scoring problems and relocate some teams (Coyotes, Panthers) for better success.

Samyy

Man revenue didn't go up much this year based on that cap. Players had to use their escalator clause to get the cap to go up.

The league really needs to fix it's scoring problems and relocate some teams (Coyotes, Panthers) for better success.

The main problem actually was the Canadian teams!
Projections were much much higher then the Canadian dollar tanked.

So we need less Canadian teams! :p

Syrinx

Wager we'll be buying out Semin and his disgrace of a contract within the next couple of days unless somebody swoops in and offers to trade for it for some reason.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Well... canadian dollar is currently at .81 to every USD

Canadian markets account for 30-40% of revenue

If that dollar shoots up again, we could be looking at $80 million cap

Wager we'll be buying out Semin and his disgrace of a contract within the next couple of days unless somebody swoops in and offers to trade for it for some reason.

Kessel for semin and 5th OA

We'll give you a 6th for skinner too

Cake Boss

Banned

The guy that gave him that contract will swoop in and trade for him. Giving you guys back Sutter.

Top Bottom