• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Cats at 60 mil right now, need to sign Hubey, Hayes + smaller RFAs. Those should account to ~66 mil at the least so for say Sharp, we need to move out someone like Boyes to have some wiggle room under the ceiling.

Fuckin' Bolland.

Your daily reminder that, thanks to the incredibly successful Burke/Nonis era, the Leafs will be paying Tim Gleason until the 2018/19 season.

Cake Boss

Banned
Holy fuck that TSN Draft preview show was hot ass garbage.

18 minutes spent talking about the first 2 picks and a McJesus interview, the rest of the 5 minutes was actually talking about the rest of the 28 prospects.

give me that Nick Merkley doe son.

dem

Love Merkley

Thick Salad. Looks like Eddie Munster. I will be thoroughly pissed if the Flames grab him. Anyone but the flames.

CIM-UOVWUAA7jSL.jpg

Doughty or Ovi?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Odds for Price winning the Vezina are 1/100

Kind of surreal seeing him at this point after everything he's gone through and watching him since he was drafted.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I doubt offers for him get much better than that.

The thing is we don't HAVE to trade him. It's the best way available to us to make up for our relative non-participation in this year's draft, yeah, but the fact is that the King does still need a quality backup, and nobody else in the org is ready to take on that role. Which means if somebody really wants Cam, they're going to have[ to overpay for him.

The most concrete sounding offer I've heard for him so far was Edmonton's other 1st round pick (16th overall) plus Martin Marincin. I've seen some sources say that that is a real offer that was on the table, and I've heard some say that Edmonton was not putting that on the table, so who knows.

dem

16th overall PLUS
for a 28 year old, soon to be ufa, undrafted backup goalie who played college hockey in fucking Alabama.

Get the fuck out of here.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
FYI, that hair style is painful. I had that done to my hair when in the Bahamas and I had a headache for a couple of days until it loosened up.

Odds for Price winning the Vezina are 1/100

Kind of surreal seeing him at this point after everything he's gone through and watching him since he was drafted.

:)

Habs gotta help him out next year. The Man broke a Franchise Record for most wins in regular season.

It's unreal that it happened in my life time

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
@BizballMaury

File this under rumor.... NHL relocation around the end of June.

keeps suggesting in replies it isn't phoenix.

Right now the Jackets are rolling with a ton of forwards. These are the ones with one-way contracts:
Artem Anisimov, Cam Atkinson, Jared Boll, Rene Bourque, David Clarkson, Marko Dano, Brandon Dubinsky, Nick Foligno, Scott Hartnell, Boone Jenner, Ryan Johansen, Jeremy Morin, Corey Tropp, Alexander Wennberg.

Then there's Matt Calvert who's an RFA and Mark Letestu who's a pending UFA.
On top of that there's guys like Wild Bill, Oliver Bjorkstrand, Sonny Milano, Kerby Rychel, Josh Anderson.

If I were to guess, the mostly like guys to be part of a package in some way would be Anisimov, Atkinson, Calvert, Rychel, Anderson, and maaaaaaaybe Milano. Throw in some picks and I'm not sure there's any trade-eligible defenseman they can't land with all those guys to work with.

So yeah, Jarmo's gonna be wheeling and dealing in the coming weeks looking for good defensive additions, particularly if Provorov is off the board by the time the 8th pick rolls around.

I know it doesn't help you in the short run all that much when it comes to getting rid of a forward, but I would love a Milano for Spurgeon swap. +/- on both sides.

I don't see Chiarelli of all people overpaying for a guy like Talbot 15 minutes into his tenure with the Oilers. McDavid buys the club another 1-2 years of credit with the fan base, so there's no need for desperation moves.

Yet.

I know everyone shits on Nonis, but are there still Leafs fans that think Burke did a good job in Toronto?

Yes.

Top Bottom