• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The most concrete sounding offer I've heard for him so far was Edmonton's other 1st round pick (16th overall) plus Martin Marincin. I've seen some sources say that that is a real offer that was on the table, and I've heard some say that Edmonton was not putting that on the table, so who knows.
You can't be serious

Yawnier

Banned
If the oilers give up the 16th overall and their best young defender after Nurse and Klefbom for Talbot I will laugh my ass off

Quick

Banned
Oh Cmon you guys aren't poor

Mcdicks Sponsors for days Because of Hamburgler

Could you imagine the relocation of Florida at the draft in Florida??? How awkward would that be

The Florida Panthers are about to announce their first pick--wait a second, THAT'S QUEBEC'S THEME SONG PLAYING.

wwe-entrance-cena-o.gif

OH MY GOD, QUEBEC IS RUNNING UP THE STAGE WITH A METAL CHAIR.

AND DOWN GOES FLORIDA.

OH MY GOD.

QUEBEC CITY EVERYBODY.

Sorry Dastardly.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So we are talking just straight up packing up and leaving by the end of the month?

Who could feasibly do this other than the Coyotes?

Florida and Carolina, really.

Karmanos has been having a tough time selling the Hurricanes and he already offloaded the plymouth whalers

Panthers haven't been doing well for a while, either.

should be mentioned the tweet is almost 3 weeks old

he posted this:

@BizballMaury

Remember that NHL relocation rumor tweet I ran a while back? I'll be following up tomorrow on Forbes.

not sure how legit, though.

Not legit in any way.

I'd guess Florida, too.

What relocation rumour did the account post a while back?

C'mon Quick, I expect better.

relocation end of june

but again.. not sure how legit he is

Rumour came from an RDS dude (Habs French PBP guy) who pulled some stuff from his ass. Included was expansion announcement during the finals and relocation at the end of June. Again completely made up.

Syrinx

Florida and Carolina, really.

Karmanos has been having a tough time selling the Hurricanes and he already offloaded the plymouth whalers

Panthers haven't been doing well for a while, either.

I understand the issues both franchises have; what I'm wondering is how either of them could just up and relocate within the next week.

The Florida Panthers are about to announce their first pick--wait a second, THAT'S QUEBEC'S THEME SONG PLAYING.

wwe-entrance-cena-o.gif

OH MY GOD, QUEBEC IS RUNNING UP THE STAGE WITH A METAL CHAIR.

AND DOWN GOES FLORIDA.

OH MY GOD.

QUEBEC CITY EVERYBODY.

Sorry Dastardly.

Quebec Suplex City

DopeyFish

I understand the issues both franchises have; what I'm wondering is how either of them could just up and relocate within the next week.

Well... logistics is really tough with a late move...

but if you have the quebec city ownership group ready... they already have everything in place. they are more ready to accept the franchise than any other city has been... ever.

they have a new building. they have no scheduling conflicts... they already have promotional contracts, tv contracts in place in case of an NHL team becomes available. and if winnipeg was any indication.... they could probably have season tickets sold out in 10 minutes

Not legit in any way.

Well... the guy was apparently legit enough to cause bill daly to respond to it when he made that tweet earlier in the month

Not legit in any way.

C'mon Quick, I expect better.

Rumour came from an RDS dude (Habs French PBP guy) who pulled some stuff from his ass. Included was expansion announcement during the finals and relocation at the end of June. Again completely made up.

The first stage is denial.

I doubt any team other than Phoenix would be relocated

Foggy

I know it doesn't help you in the short run all that much when it comes to getting rid of a forward, but I would love a Milano for Spurgeon swap. +/- on both sides.

I can dig that. They gotta take a risk for a D man to resign since the prospect pool is pretty shallow on defense.

Quick

Banned
Well... logistics is really tough with a late move...

but if you have the quebec city ownership group ready... they already have everything in place. they are more ready to accept the franchise than any other city has been... ever.

they have a new building. they have no scheduling conflicts... they already have promotional contracts, tv contracts in place in case of an NHL team becomes available.

Quebec City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Toronto 2 are the four cities that have the arenas either ready or under construction with temporary arrangements ready.

DopeyFish

Quebec City, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Toronto 2 are the four cities that have the arenas either ready or under construction with temporary arrangements ready.

Seattle is a clusterfuck right now

They're still trying to figure out where to build the arena and the groups in seattle and the NHL are playing chicken and the egg. Seattle doesn't want to build an arena without the assurance of an anchor tenant... NHL doesn't want to commit a franchise unless they have an arena being built.

Toronto doesn't have another NHL arena underway as Markham project died.

QC is ready now, LV ready in the middle of next year.

Foggy

Yotes are 18 million below the cap floor?

If Jarmo can ship Clarkson to the desert then he's officially the Finnish Lex Luthor.

Quick

Banned
Seattle is a clusterfuck right now

They're still trying to figure out where to build the arena and the groups in seattle and the NHL are playing chicken and the egg. Seattle doesn't want to build an arena without the assurance of an anchor tenant... NHL doesn't want to commit a franchise unless they have an arena being built.

Toronto doesn't have another NHL arena underway as Markham project died.

QC is ready now, LV ready in the middle of next year.

Oh what the fuck. I thought Seattle had their shit together.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
FYI, that hair style is painful. I had that done to my hair when in the Bahamas and I had a headache for a couple of days until it loosened up.

Really?

For a year I used to rock the braids/cornrows never had that problem. My issue was always at the tail end of the braids, it hurt like heck cause they'd tie the ends so darn tight.

Really?

For a year I used to rock the braids/cornrows never had that problem. My issue was always at the tail end of the braids, it hurt like heck cause they'd tie the ends so darn tight.
Prolly more to do with straight fine hair vs curly coarse hair. Struggle braids needs to be extra tight for fine hair.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Really?

I think it was because it was tight and I was not used to it. I'll get headaches sometimes if my hair is pulled back to tight.

Prolly more to do with straight fine hair vs curly coarse hair. Struggle braids needs to be extra tight for fine hair.

Also, this. My hair is extremely fine.

Hey fuck you 19 and Moose. I did my darndest to tank this season in EHM and I was in 30th place. Avalanche, set to draft #10, won the lottery.

So yeah, you suck

Quick

Banned
Caps don't need to touch their jersey design for a long time. Their home/away is one of the best sets in the league, and now with a vintage red alternate too. Best of both worlds with having the modern and classic styles.

But I'm disappointed they played it safe with the new alternate.

Caps don't need to touch their jersey design for a long time. Their home/away is one of the best sets in the league, and now with a vintage red alternate too. Best of both worlds with having the modern and classic styles.

Needs more black and gold for me :(

RC

Banned

A blue jersey featuring the Weagle would've been great.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Jonas Siegel @jonasTSN1050
Leafs sign Petter Granberg and Tim Erixon to one-year deals. Zach Hyman, just added via trade, signs two-year entry-level deal.

Join me in hoping for a Hyman/Verhaeghe line.

Top Bottom