• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

I wonder if the Avs want to move up to 3 to take Hanifin, though it would probably take something pretty substantial to move from 10 to 3.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I wonder if the Avs want to move up to 3 to take Hanifin, though it would probably take something pretty substantial to move from 10 to 3.

When he says outright... he's saying there isnt a current year first coming back

So it will have to be substantial talent coming back and not futures... he indicated he wants the team to win next year...

Yawnier

Banned
Why would the leafs burn their other first on a stay at home defenseman?

Seems way too risky to me

Button's pick for the canucks at 23 and leafs at 24 are just weird with some of the other defencemen still on the board.

I wouldn't be too worried about that when it comes to the actual draft, Dubas said they need to hit a homerun with the 24th, they'll be going with a boom or bust player for sure.

When he says outright... he's saying there isnt a current year first coming back

So it will have to be substantial talent coming back and not futures... he indicated he wants the team to win next year...

Oh I missed that, O'reilly for the third overall, then they could give him 18 milion to reach the cap floor, it's perfect. :p

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 7m7 minutes ago
WASH GM Brian MacLellan says he is trying to close with UFAs Jay Beagle and Eric Fehr. It is reported team and Joel Ward disagree on...

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 6m6 minutes ago
Term. MacLellan didn't want to say much about Mike Green, but it appears unlikely anything gets done before July 1

Welp.

Please stay away from Beleskey.

-looks at Orpik signing-

Belesky seems like a Maclellan type guy!

His grittership was invaluable this season!

Somebody else please sign Beleskey.

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 30m30 minutes ago
Hearing Stars, Penguins and Panthers are teams most interested in #Blackhawks' Patrick Sharp. Asking price still too high.

Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance 16s16 seconds ago
One of the offers Coyotes are mulling for the No. 3 pick is for a young player good enough they wouldn't get another 1st back in the deal.

Oh my.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 30m30 minutes ago
Hearing Stars, Penguins and Panthers are teams most interested in #Blackhawks' Patrick Sharp. Asking price still too high.

Not sure how the Stars can add Sharp into the line up, considering he's getting kinda over the hill at this point in his career. Though I'll take him if he can play some defense and if it allows us to get rid of guys like Moen.

Pikma

Banned
Not sure how the Stars can add Sharp into the line up, considering he's getting kinda over the hill at this point in his career. Though I'll take him if he can play some defense and if it allows us to get rid of guys like Moen.
I think it'd be unnecessary but if it happens and Nill finds a way to make it more of a reasonable trade I'll glady take it.

Marvie_3

Banned
Everything was 3-on-3
It's a good thing Nik Antropov isn't in the league anymore or other teams would be in trouble.

Sharp isn't over the hill. 33 isn't young but he's not some dinosaur out there. He still skates as well as he ever has.

Brandon Carlo sounds like a Juggalo name.

Do not want.

Someone from an overwhelmingly white group and you don't want him? Are you feeling ok, smelly? Maybe you should talk a walk to clear your head.

Marvie_3

Banned
Glad we're getting 3 on 3 OT but getting rid of 4 on 4 is stupid. Should be 5 minutes of 4 on 4 then 5 minutes of 3 on 3. Go lick old man schuey sacks, nhlpa.

DopeyFish

Apparently one of the offers is for a young player good enough to not need a first coming back

Good bye JVR

But in all likely hood, it's seth jones

Just makes sense they want a star center

Pikma

Banned
Fuck hockey for a second, Splatoon sold 1 million copies wooooooooo! That can only mean good things for those young squids!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It's a good thing Nik Antropov isn't in the league anymore or other teams would be in trouble.

Sharp isn't over the hill. 33 isn't young but he's not some dinosaur out there. He still skates as well as he ever has.

Someone from an overwhelmingly white group and you don't want him? Are you feeling ok, smelly? Maybe you should talk a walk to clear your head.

I have standards too. The same way you wouldn't just bang ANYONE with a tattoo. Maybe. (?)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This is everything about the 90's encapsulated in a 3 minute video.

Apparently one of the offers is for a young player good enough to not need a first coming back

Good bye JVR

But in all likely hood, it's seth jones

Just makes sense they want a star center
Can't tell if serious. In what world does trading Seth Jones for that pick make sense? Even if they want a center, why would they move a guy who is very likely to be a #1 stud, and who has already proven how good he is, for an unproven prospect?

fallout

Glad we're getting 3 on 3 OT but getting rid of 4 on 4 is stupid. Should be 5 minutes of 4 on 4 then 5 minutes of 3 on 3. Go lick old man schuey sacks, nhlpa.
Yeah, when they were talking about bringing in 3-on-3, I just naturally assumed they would do something like 5 minutes of 4-on-4 followed by 5 minutes of 3-on-3.

DopeyFish

This is everything about the 90's encapsulated in a 3 minute video.

Can't tell if serious. In what world does trading Seth Jones for that pick make sense? Even if they want a center, why would they move a guy who is very likely to be a #1 stud, and who has already proven how good he is, for an unproven prospect?

Because they already have a 1D

My other guess is RNH

Guys, guys, guys..... there is a Cleary University, and it is located in Michigan. Coincidence, I think not!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleary_University

ClearyOfficialCrest.png

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Because they already have a 1D

My other guess is RNH
That doesn't matter, how many teams have a true #1 D? How easy are they to find? You don't move an established player as young as Jones and with as much upside as Jones unless it was for a player of Eichel / McDavid's calibre which would never happen anyways.

Top Bottom