• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Yawnier

Banned
@Arponbasu
"It’s not going to be a satisfactory deal... I’m not going to get what I think I should get.” - Bryan Murray on his impending goalie trade

@Arponbasu
Murray said teams are looking more at Lehner than Anderson because the price, both salary and what he's asking in return, is cheaper

Sens-age are you okay?

Marvie_3

Banned
Really wish a Sharp trade would happen already. I just wanna get it over with. :(

It might kill a friend of mine though. Patrick Sharp is her favorite player and she already got mad at me when I told her about the trade rumors. She's probably gonna cry a lot.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
That doesn't matter, how many teams have a true #1 D? How easy are they to find? You don't move an established player as young as Jones and with as much upside as Jones unless it was for a player of Eichel / McDavid's calibre which would never happen anyways.

He isn't worth an eichel or mcdavid in my mind

When the preds currently have weber, josi and ellis... may as well take a chance

Problem with jones is at the moment there's zero chance he can unseat josi or weber on first pairing.

Jones stats were largely stagnant outside of +/- from rookie season and the preds have essentially neal and forsberg up front and... that's about it.

You're not going to get the first or the 2nd. The other Cs on the market aren't going to be anywhere near as good or they're too old or too expensive.

Strome is a big body C that they desperately need yesterday

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Sharp isn't over the hill. 33 isn't young but he's not some dinosaur out there. He still skates as well as he ever has.

I think I'm just really cynical when it comes to guys who are over 30 when it comes to the Stars. Aside from Daley, Jagr and Whitney, this team didn't really have much luck with older players recently, mainly when it came to health (which Daley had issues with this season).

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He isn't worth an eichel or mcdavid in my mind

When the preds currently have weber, josi and ellis... may as well take a chance

Problem with jones is at the moment there's zero chance he can unseat josi or weber on first pairing.

Jones stats were largely stagnant outside of +/- from rookie season and the preds have essentially neal and forsberg up front and... that's about it.

You're not going to get the first or the 2nd. The other Cs on the market aren't going to be anywhere near as good or they're too old or too expensive.

Strome is a big body C that they desperately need yesterday
I didn't say he was worth a guy like Eichel or McDavid, I said you don't move him for a unproven 18 year old kid unless they're as good as one of those two, which is a situation that would never happen. If they need center help that badly, why would they move one of the best defensive prospects in the league for a kid they'll have to wait 3 years to possibly* have an impact, instead of moving Jones for a young center already in the league?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I didn't say he was worth a guy like Eichel or McDavid, I said you don't move him for a unproven 18 year old kid unless they're as good as one of those two, which is a situation that would never happen. If they need center help that badly, why would they move one of the best defensive prospects in the league for a kid they'll have to wait 3 years to possibly* have an impact, instead of moving Jones for an a young center in the league?

#dopeystats

Guys, guys, guys..... there is a Cleary University, and it is located in Michigan. Coincidence, I think not!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleary_University

ClearyOfficialCrest.png

Does Cleary play like he's 132 years old?

Red_Man

It is believed the Ducks final offer to Beleskey was 16 million - four yrs at four mil per
Also understood to have been front loaded
Please God stay away from this guy Bergevin

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I didn't say he was worth a guy like Eichel or McDavid, I said you don't move him for a unproven 18 year old kid unless they're as good as one of those two, which is a situation that would never happen. If they need center help that badly, why would they move one of the best defensive prospects in the league for a kid they'll have to wait 3 years to possibly* have an impact, instead of moving Jones for a young center already in the league?

like who?

what big body centers are available? the only other player i can think of who might fit the criteria is draisatl.

Strome is also likely NHL ready.

Foggy

I'm still shocked Douglas Hamilton Esq. is still being floated out there in trade talk. Boston should be locking homeboy down.

Marvie_3

Banned
I think I'm just really cynical when it comes to guys who are over 30 when it comes to the Stars. Aside from Daley, Jagr and Whitney, this team didn't really have much luck with older players recently, mainly when it came to health (which Daley had issues with this season).

Jagr and Whitney both played in the 1800s though. Calder probably still has articles from the paper about them that he read on his lunch breaks.

Foggy

Elliotte Friedman said:
Don Maloney also said today he's getting offers making him consider moving down from number 3. My guess: one of those teams is Columbus.

Blue Jackets are looking for one of the top D, and Jarmo Kekalainen is not afraid to be aggressive.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy

Red_Man

Silicon Valley is so good, almost through the second season now, I was there was more. Are there any other shows in the same vein as this humour wise?

Red_Man

There is that Russiamerican brat in Montreal...
That thought actually crossed my mind since Bergevin apparently like Rielly over Galchenyuk and has a hard on for defensemen, but I highly doubt either side would do it.

lol. Sabres taking pre-orders for Eichel jerseys already. Though of course not mentioning him by name.

http://onebuffalo.myshopify.com/collections/jerseys/products/2015-draft-pick-navy-lettered-jersey

RESERVE YOUR VERY OWN OFFICIAL 2015 1ST ROUND DRAFT PICK'S REPLICA JERSEY. THESE WILL BE SHIPPED FROM SHOP.ONEBUFFALO.COM PRIOR TO ANY OTHER OUTLET SO ORDER YOURS TODAY SO YOU CAN START SUPPORTING THE FUTURE!

PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW AND ONCE THE SABRES PICK IS ANNOUNCED, WE’LL GET TO WORK ON MAKING THE JERSEY WITH THE PLAYER’S NAME AND NUMBER AND WHEN IT’S READY, IT WILL BE SHIPPED TO YOU.

Really wish a Sharp trade would happen already. I just wanna get it over with. :(

It might kill a friend of mine though. Patrick Sharp is her favorite player and she already got mad at me when I told her about the trade rumors. She's probably gonna cry a lot.

Same. It's going to feel pretty shitty.

RC

Banned
I'm sorta drunk and texting women I used to bone. Bad fucking idea. Damn you Magnum, you're a bad influence

Top Bottom