• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Tabris

D.Sedin - H.Sedin - ?????
Burrows - Horvat - Vrbata
Higgins - Bonino - Kassian
Hansen - ????? - Dorsett

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Sbisa (ugh)
Clendening - Corrado
??????

Miller
Markstrom

So we got Brendan Gaunce, Jared McCann (not ready), Jake Virtanen (not ready), Cassels (not ready), Jensen (if he doesn't make it this year he's not making it), Subban (probably not ready), and Shinkaruk (he looked ready last year in pre-season, give him a shot).

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
D.Sedin - H.Sedin - ?????
Burrows - Horvat - Vrbata
Higgins - Bonino - Kassian
Hansen - ????? - Dorsett

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Sbisa (ugh)
Clendening - Corrado
??????

Miller
Markstrom

So we got Brendan Gaunce, Jared McCann (not ready), Jake Virtanen (not ready), Cassels (not ready), Jensen (if he doesn't make it this year he's not making it), Subban (probably not ready), and Shinkaruk (he looked ready last year in pre-season, give him a shot).

We still got Stanton, too, he'll probably be 7th D

Tabris

They got more for him than Eddie.

In the end, not really. CAR's 3rd round pick is almost same as what ANA's 2nd round pick next year will be. Unless they have some bad luck during the season.

We still got Stanton, too, he'll probably be 7th D

Oh we got Stanton qualified? Never mind.

Good Boom Boom's gone and we got something.

Let the great tank begin!

A) The tanking strategy has shown to be an absolute failure unless you are willing to go 10 years like EDM or luck out like PITs and CHI. It's all about that balanced approach we've seen with other teams.

B) This city and ownership group cannot survive a tank like TOR and EDM has done.

Craig CustanceVerified account
‏@CraigCustance
Told there's "significant" interest already in Alexander Semin. Becomes a fascinating option on the free agent market.

COME HOME SASHA

fiWsojF.gif

On a one-year deal.

Tabris

Original trade with SJS for 2nd pick next year would have been higher.

Wonder if KBieksa was a jackass and veto'd it last minute just like that other jackass Ryan Kesler?

zychi

Banned
No idea. He may have thrown his ps4 at the wall in an attempt to change his psn name and had it ricochet back into his skull.

So when is this Seabrook trade happening?

Sadly, I think Bickell and Seabrook are staying now. If they couldnt offload either to pay Saad what he deserves.

I'm going to be hate watching half of the team this year :(

I guess Anaheim will extend Bieksa. Decent replacement for Beauchemin.

I wonder if Benning will target a defenceman with the cap space.

EDIT: Sounds like Wilson changed the 2015 2nd to 2016 so Benning said no.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Why would Ducks want an aging dman like Bieksa who didn't play well for us at all last year? Aren't all the teams trying to be younger now?

#benningfleece

Marvie_3

Banned
Sadly, I think Bickell and Seabrook are staying now. If they couldnt offload either to pay Saad what he deserves.

I'm going to be hate watching half of the team this year :(

On what planet did Saad deserve $6.5M? Sure wasn't this one. ~$4M is the highest he should have gotten. Better players than him have signed bridge deals for a lot less than that.

They'll find someone to dump Bickell on, even if it's for a conditional 7th.

Seabrook, like I told you before, wasn't going anywhere. There's no damn way they were going into the season with Keith/Hjalmarsson as the only sure things on defense.

I hate half the team every year so I can say, it's pretty easy to do.

RC

Banned
I guess Anaheim will extend Bieksa since I think that was what torpedoed the Sharks deal (along with Benning wanting a 2015 2nd). Decent replacement for Beauchemin.

I wonder if Benning will target a defenceman with the cap space.

We really don't have a choice considering our back end now.
A part of me wonders if Benning traded Bieksa to Anaheim just to stick it to San Jose a little bit.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
"Seabrook with the puck, stolen from Seabrook!"

e: totally worth 5.8mil a year.

e2: everyone keeps talking about Sharp being traded because of his contract, he makes 100k more than Captain Turnover
Never thought I'd see the day someone would be hating on Seabrook.

How bout a nice Bozak for him? D:

Marvie_3

Banned
Because he is a dingus
LOL

"Seabrook with the puck, stolen from Seabrook!"

e: totally worth 5.8mil a year.

e2: everyone keeps talking about Sharp being traded because of his contract, he makes 100k more than Captain Turnover

Throw a rookie out there one a line with Toews/Hossa or Kane and he can probably replace the 16 goals Sharp scored this year.

Throw a rookie defensemen out there in place of Seabrook and he's going to get slaughtered.

We have good defensive prospects but they aren't ready to replace Seabrook.

zychi

Banned
LOL

Throw a rookie out there one a line with Toews/Hossa or Kane and he can probably replace the 16 goals Sharp scored this year.

Throw a rookie defensemen out there in place of Seabrook and he's going to get slaughtered.

We have good defensive prospects but they aren't ready to replace Seabrook.

I want Sharp traded, he's not worth that contract, neither is Seabrook.

I want Bicks, SB and Sharp all gone now. I'm pissed Saad is gone.

Hope_Smoke @Hope_Smoke
Dreger saying with Pitt in particular it isn't and never wasn't as hot as people want/think/have reporte

^Referring to Kesel.

Also:

Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes 1m1 minute ago
Hamilton & Saad were rumoured to be targets for offer sheets by EDM & PIT. And instead, they get traded to rivals in their division.

:LOL

The ultimate FU

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Look like everyone here missed the actual big news of the day, Montreal re-signed Brian Flynn to a two-year deal. Brandon who?

Top Bottom