• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Wings beat writer just said Weiss was bought out to free up cap space to go after Mike Green.

Can't believe Holland actually had the balls to do it. Sadly Weiss just never panned out and that stupid injury killed him.

Well, now let's see if Holland can actually make a splash and improve this team.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Can't believe Holland actually had the balls to do it. Sadly Weiss just never panned out and that stupid injury killed him.

Well, not let's see if Holland can actually make a splash and improve this team.
That's a terrible move if true.

TAKE PHANEUF AND HIS SALARY, GODDAMN IT! >=[

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
http://www.tmz.com/2015/06/30/nhls-...ied-about-oxycodone-drama-at-canadian-border/

Lol wtf, prescription painkillers get you kicked out of a $20M contract now?

Kings being shady fucks again.

dude, do you even know what oxycodon is, it's like the most abused painkiller for addicts because it's basically opium

I'm not saying it's nothing, but if he didn't have a prescription for it and carried it over the border that's technically a felony, I'm sure felonies are covered as reasons for contract cancellation

Kifimbo

dude, do you even know what oxycodon is, it's like the most abused painkiller for addicts because it's basically opium

If it's for personal use, so fucking what ? Your player has a drug problem and you break his contract ? Instead of, I don't know, help him out ?

If he's a dealer, that's another story.

Smiley90

If it's for personal use, so fucking what ? Your player has a drug problem and you break his contract ? Instead of, I don't know, help him out ?

If it's a felony, that's what. Also not sure if having a painkiller-addict on your team is good, not to mention if that's a controlled substance? No idea if it is for the NHL. Probably is, though.

Curufinwe

I'm not saying it's nothing, but if he didn't have a prescription for it and carried it over the border that's technically a felony, I'm sure felonies are covered as reasons for contract cancellation

He'd need to be convicted first and even then it may not be enough.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericmac...-termination-of-the-mike-richards-contract/2/

Silexx

Oof, yeah the Kings are going to have a hard time justifying terminating his contract here. The only thing I can see going their way is if Mike Richards becomes ineligible to cross the border as a result, thus preventing him from being able to play in the US. But he'd need to be convicted for that and the Kings may be jumping the gun here.

Calamari41

41 > 38

If he has an actual drug problem and isn't just taking the shit recreationally, or selling it, then he should break his own contract and ask the Kings management for help.

Continuing to pay him millions and allowing him to play hockey isn't exactly helping the guy.

Smiley90

Anaheim is Vancouver South. It should really be the Sharks because

a) closest to San Francisco, which is most similar to Vancouver
b) History of epic choking

But O'Reilly never felt challenged to be a vocal leader with the Avalanche, which is what he's looking forward to doing with the Sabres.

"I've always wanted to be a big piece like that, have that leadership role and be seen as that by the management,"
"So I figured the best way to be seen as a leader is by demanding to be paid what leaders are paid and then some."

If it's a felony, that's what. Also not sure if having a painkiller-addict on your team is good, not to mention if that's a controlled substance? No idea if it is for the NHL. Probably is, though.

Who doesn't know what oxycodone is?

Half the league is probably addicted to them, it's a widespread issue and players have died as a result of abuse, you obviously know they are opiates, and they are prescribed a lot in all contact sports, it's super easy to get addicted to as a result, hardly a reason to terminate a contract, no one wants it to happen but it is an unfortunate byproduct

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
As much as I like Bieksa for his personality, I'm happy with the trade. Now, just don't spend that cap on something worse, Benning.

Oof, yeah the Kings are going to have a hard time justifying terminating his contract here. The only thing I can see going their way is if Mike Richards becomes ineligible to cross the border as a result, thus preventing him from being able to play in the US. But he'd need to be convicted for that and the Kings may be jumping the gun here.

I'm sure he's been naturalized as an American by now.

Smiley90

Who doesn't know what oxycodone is?

Half the league is probably addicted to them, it's a widespread issue and players have died as a result of abuse, you obviously know they are opiates, and they are prescribed a lot in all contact sports, it's super easy to get addicted to as a result, hardly a reason to terminate a contract, no one wants it to happen but it is an unfortunate

well

https://wada-main-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/resources/files/wada-2015-prohibited-list-en.pdf

it's a prohibited narcotic, so it's not like there's no basis for LA if true

they might just choose to ignore it for other players but not for Richards, for whatever reason (-cough- humongous contract -cough-)

Don't worry, Bergevin was just prioritizing Brian Flynn. Now that the important piece is back, he can worry about scrubs like Galchenyuk.

If Bergevin plans to trade him the offer We get in return better be good.

But holy shit that Brandon Saad Deal. I can't believe that happened

If he has an actual drug problem and isn't just taking the shit recreationally, or selling it, then he should break his own contract and ask the Kings management for help.

Continuing to pay him millions and allowing him to play hockey isn't exactly helping the guy.

All I can do is laugh at this post.

well

https://wada-main-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/resources/files/wada-2015-prohibited-list-en.pdf

it's a prohibited narcotic, so it's not like there's no basis for LA if true

they might just choose to ignore it for other players but not for Richards, for whatever reason (-cough- humongous contract -cough-)

This is exactly why it's a goddamn joke that they're trying to terminate his contract. I know damn well many orgs sweep this shit under the rug and get guys help. It certainly makes sense with Richards decline though, you can draw your own conclusions. I'm sure it isn't difficult for a doctor to diagnose chronic pain and justify the pills, unless he had a ridiculous amount of them prescribed from 15 different doctors. However he likely would have been arrested on the spot if that were the case.

Smiley90

This is exactly why it's a goddamn joke that they're trying to terminate his contract. I know damn well many orgs sweep this shit under the rug and get guys help. It certainly makes sense with Richards decline though, you can draw your own conclusions. I'm sure it isn't difficult for a doctor to diagnose chronic pain and justify the pills, unless he had a ridiculous amount of them prescribed from 15 different doctors. However he likely would have been arrested on the spot if that were the case.

Rich people don't get arrested on the spot, what country do you think this is

Top Bottom