• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

I'm sure the NHL views Quebec as a last resort. I really think they don't want to go there.

Seattle has the population and corporate presence to be a very successful franchise for the league. It's blatantly a more appealing market than Quebec could ever be.

I feel for Quebec, but I can't see another Winnieg happening.

Marvie_3

Banned
Seattle has the population and corporate presence to be a very successful franchise for the league. It's blatantly a more appealing market than Quebec could ever be.

I feel for Quebec, but I can't see another Winnieg happening.

A team isn't going to Move to the City without an arena plan ready though.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ken Holland:

"If we don't do anything I'm satisfied heading into the season."

This freaking guy.

I for one can't wait till Boulder gets a team. The Boulder Stains. Logo is a greasy old hippie with the longest gray ponytail you've ever seen.

Alternatively: The Boulder Drop Outs, The Boulder Trust Funds.

If they Half Fast Subs in concessions I'd be set for life.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sounds like Montreal will be focusing on Beleskey and Frolik. May get 1. May get neither. But they'll try.

Yep, disappointment incoming. Although this is from one of those 4th period chimps, so I guess it is a good reverse jinx.

I'm just gonna go out and drink or something.

When I get back, I expect nothing of great significance to happen in terms of signings, because the FA list fucking sucks.
This is the best idea

Yawnier

Banned
Ken Holland:

"If we don't do anything I'm satisfied heading into the season."

This freaking guy.

I feel like every July 1st there is some talk of the red wings being interested in a few UFAs, but they never sign there except for like, Stephen Weiss.

Oduya.png

Denver media doesn't know what to be excited about. Sekera or bust! I wouldn't mind Oduya in addition though.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ken Holland, content with being mediocre. Holland is too laid back and never wants to make an aggressive good trade or sign an FA unless they fall into his lap.

Most overrated GM in the league. He has absolutely sucked in the cap era.

I actually wouldn't mind Semin on a one year cheap deal and put him with Datsyuk. Then trade some of our excess forwards for a couple picks or something. I mean, I know some of our extras can net us some picks when you look at who has been traded for what over the last year. Holland just refuses to trade roster players half the time.

Most overrated GM in the league. He has absolutely sucked in the cap era.

He has literally been, "stay the course" type of GM, and refuses to really try at times to cut fat or go all in to get a FA he knows will be extremely beneficial, or even make a good trade.

Quick

Banned
I actually wouldn't mind Semin on a one year cheap deal and put him with Datsyuk. Then trade some of our excess forwards for a couple picks or something. I mean, I know some of our extras can net us some picks when you look at who has been traded for what over the last year. Holland just refuses to trade roster players half the time.

If you look at the trades that have happened this past week, I wouldn't be surprised if the Wings end up getting a ton of 1st round picks.

Then they'll have Cleary re-sign.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
#EndTheCap #MakeitRain #AllFreeAgentsAreEqual #ResignCleary #ClearyHasFeelingsToo
Holland's hashtags are

#toomuchmoney #toomuchterm

He'll "kick the tires" on Mike Green. But of course won't offer the perfect D man you need RIGHT NOW anything over 6 mil or longer than 3 years probably. You know how you free up some money if you REALLY need it? Trade Kindl or Ericsson for some picks. Those guys aren't gonna get any better and will not be missed. We have plenty of other D in the system ready to go.

On to a more serious note though....What do you all have in terms of Free Agent Frenzy snacks? I have seven frozen pizzas, five bags of chips (all variations of Doritos of course), seven gallons of mountain dew and a bag of pistachios because I'm healthy. #FreeAgentFoodFrenzy2015

Top Bottom