• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Today in Edmonton feels like the start of Obama's 2008 CHANGE campaign. Something we can believe in? F' it, I'm on board this hype train of change.

Chiarelli can be like Obama and the rest of the Oilers management is the Republican congress. You can believe in change, but it will be slow.

I can't handle this

GZShJIN.png

someone quote the picture of the full page with those avs for Foggy :lol

DONE. Good thing I stopped by this thread.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I know Oilers fans are hungry for change, but this? I can't stand the way Chiarelli built the Bruins and how easily he gives up on young talent. I'd be worried as hell if I were an Oilers fan. Unless he can find some way to weasel Chara and Rask out of Boston while keeping Edmonton's core intact, I see scorched earth.

Chara is over the hill, and Rask is, well you know.

Well what do you know? The Oilers are capable making the necessary moves to not be a complete joke. Granted Lowe and Mactavish are still there but at least they won't be touching the hockey team anymore.

I'll be looking forward to eating my words about this team if they can finally get better.

Amiibo are SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS

JU8lkaX.png

jaysus

Crazy. I managed to get an extra Robin and Lucina for myself at least. I'm assuming you got Lucina secured, Zroid?

Sheroking

A draft pick may go Boston's way over Chiarelli.

First pick here we come!

As I interpret the rule, the Bruins can chase down a second but it's the Oilers call when it happens in the next three years.

So the Bruins would basically have to pay all three years of Chia's salary for a second round pick in 2018. Have fun with that.

Sanjuro

As I interpret the rule, the Bruins can chase down a second but it's the Oilers call when it happens in the next three years.

So the Bruins would basically have to pay all three years of Chia's salary for a second round pick in 2018. Have fun with that.

Oilers could want Caude though. Then we will have double picks.

Then they might want Chris Kelly!

fallout

Jets injury summary:

Trouba: Broken hand (happened in game 2)
Ladd: Hernia (happened 2 months ago)
Byfuglien: Rib dislocation
Little: Rib dislocation
Perreault: High-ankle sprain, torn ligament in hand

As much as I like to laugh at all the people caught up in the hysteria, I'd probably be right there with them had this been a thing 10 years ago.
I've commonly said, if this had happened a decade ago, it's likely where most of my disposable would have gone.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So bettman is being quoted as saying today something along the lines of "if 16-14 works, 17-15 should work too"

We may be on the verge of expansion to Quebec and Las Vegas.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So bettman is being quoted as saying today something along the lines of "if 16-14 works, 17-15 should work too"

We may be on the verge of expansion to Quebec and Las Vegas.

Expansion draft! Take all the Emelins!

okayokay, Canucks are protecting let's see... rookies and sophomores are automatically protected, right? So I shouldn't have to worry about Horvat, Shinkaruk or Jensen

Lack (if we also protect Miller we don't have an other goaltender left with minimum NHL games played I believe... Don't think Markstrom breaks the mark)

D-men:
Edler
Bieksa
Hamhuis
Tanev
Weber
..... bye Sbisa, Bye Stanton, bye Biega (maybe, not sure)
Corrado should be protected as a rookie, so should Tommernes

Forwards:
Burrows
Hansen
Sedin
Sedin
Vrbata
Higgins
Bonino
... this is hard. that means Richardson is gone, Dorsett is gone, Kassian is gone and Matthias is gone. Baertschi, Vey and Kenins should be protected as rookies.

gone are probably also MacMillan (go away), Sestito (isn't he gone anyway), Acton, Sanguinetti and O'Reilly

Parch

This has been the best week of my life as an Oilers fan.
Better than the 05-06 cup run.
Lottery luck started the optimism. New management was all the abandoned fans wanted. Just the change is enough to create more optimism.
McDavid isn't just the icing on the cake, it's the whole damn bakery.

Now it's wait and see what Chairelli can do with a pretty solid starting point for him.

zroid

Banned
If the Pens knew they'd have no Letang or Ehroff going into the playoffs, do they still make the Lovejoy trade?

No, right?

(acquiring Lovejoy to try and fill a "role" was always stupid, this just proves you should never make a trade like that)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Jets - Quick was busy injuring them all. Better hope the Edmonton McDavids don't take thar spot next year

Pens - They also had some injuries, so it's tough to say if they need a lot of changes. Losing Staal seemed to have really messed them up and Fleury had been inconsistent. Better hope Columbus doesn't take their spot next year.

SNES - I would laugh my ass off if they pulled the upset. The games were pretty close except last night and had OT gone the other way, they'd be leading. Habs are having trouble scorin and had better hope Carey can carry them.

Blues - WTF is going on with these guys? I had them pegged as a favourite this year and last but they seem to be the new Sharks. Minny could go to to Cup finals.

Isles - their emotions got the best of them and Caps are taking advantage. Caps are pretty strong and a well organized coach can do wonders. Caps to the Cup finals.

Preds - I hope they get eliminated for our draft pick to be higher. Chicago is gonna get rid of them today

Flames - I actually had them losing to the Canucks, but I'm taking immense pleasure rubbing it in to the people in the BC office. Can't take those young Flames players lightly.

Wings - the most entertaining series. I got no idea who will get out of this. If like Tampa to win cause of good ol Toranna boy Stamkos though.

zroid

Banned
USA vs Canada at the U18s is going on right now. No score, but USA has dominated apparently (shots 15-4 after 20).

Auston Matthews is playing btw

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Kuro got rekt on reddit
Circle jerk. I was going to respond but why bother? I'm not sold on Hanafin and Eichel as franchise players.

We'll get to see a lot of Eichel so I may well end up eating crow. Hanafin is a D man and I'm always wary of taking them that high as they're so hard to project. Even Subban and Weber weren't in the first round.

Missed this part of the question.

Crouse has an aaPPG of 22, so his upside is probably in the .4-.6 NHL PPG range. Maybe not a bad pick later in round 1, but definitely not Top 10 material. The fact that some ranking services have him over Strome or Marner is laughable.

Connor Brown and Brendan Leipsic would use different equivalency factors now since they're both in the AHL. I haven't really looked at the AHL/NHLE together much to be honest.

In their draft eligible seasons though, Connor Brown's was 17 and Brendan Leipsic's was 18. Which makes sense, since both were long shot prospects. I'm sure they've helped their stock with their AHL performances, but again, I've only really looked in depth at performance in a player's draft eligible season.
I hope Brown bucks the trend of high scoring rookies in the AHL. It's not an impressive list...none of them are stars, but if you were a star, there's no way you'd be stuck in the AHL for very long anyways. I think it was Briere or Gagne or someone (St Louis??) who went to the AHL on a conditioning stint and destroyed the other team.

Cake Boss

Banned
Yeah I woke up to make breakfast but ended up watching the entire 1st period lol.

Austin Mathews is out playing barzal right now.

Jansen Harkins is impressing me as well. Hes rated right around where we pick as well.

Top Bottom