• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Tanguay-Duchene-Iginla
Landeskog-Soderberg-MacKinnon
Comeau-Grigorenko-Rantanen
McLeod-Mitchell-Everberg

xx-Johnson
Beauchemin-Barrie
Zadorov-Stuart

Varly

This is my rough lineup for next season, no idea who plays with Johnson, hopefully they pick someone else up.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The demand for Kessel was limited to a few teams, meaning his trade value was lowered.
His value has never been lower thanks to the shit year they had and the Toronto media shit talking him for the past year. If this was the best return they could get right now, they should have just kept him, there's no reason to move him now.

Curufinwe

Billy Peterson ‏@Billy_Peterson1 5m5 minutes ago
Pens first round picks:
2013: None
2014: Kapanen; (traded never played game for Pit)
2015: None
2016: None

Montresor

Meh, Kessel gave up on the team last year and brags about not training during the off-season.

Still, retaining for what, 6-7 years is ridiculous. If Leafs are going to retain they should be compensated with a better package for doing so.

Cactus

Banned
TSN ticker said

Kessel + 2 prospects for Spaling, Kapanen, Harrington and 2 picks

??

Because that would be significantly better than what we've heard so far...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Holy shit the Leafs traded away their entire offense for... Nothing. Pitt's first-rounder will be like 1 or 2 spots before the Leafs' second-round pick too LOOOOOOOL

Pittsburgh now has what, two first lines and the Leafs have no first line on neither forwards nor defense? What a dumpsterfire

Wonder if Avs try to re-sign Hejda on the cheap now. Could do a 1 year deal and it would insure Holden and Guenin don't see the light of day.

According to TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie, the Leafs will receive forwards Nick Spaling and Kasperi Kapanen, defenceman Scott Harrington and a first-round pick in exchange for Kessel and a second-round pick.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Meh, Kessel gave up on the team last year and brags about not training during the off-season.

Still, retaining for what, 6-7 years is ridiculous. If Leafs are going to retain they should be compensated with a better package for doing so.

When did he do any of that?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So, uh, did Bergevin sleep in today?

Steve Simmons on tv shitting on Kessel oohhhhh boy

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Media is now shocked that the Leafs might actually be rebuilding.

edit: Biggs and Erixson to the Pens are the two contracts.

Top Bottom