• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Uhh, I have to say I expected more for Kessel. I'm thinking that despite what they said in public, Leaf management did not want Kessel on board for even another year when they're rebuilding. Or didn't think he would mesh enough with Babcock for his value to rise anymore. More prospect depth is nice, most of Kessel's cap off the books is nice, but I thought we'd end up with a higher-rated prospect than just Kapanen.

Bozak left confused and upset.
And homeless

yyzjohn

Banned
We should have kept him, but he was going eventually.

But not for this :( Retained salary sucks the most, this already feels like a fleecing.

$1.25 isn't that bad considering Leafs are shit for a few years and cap will be going up. Leafs aren't in any cap issues anytime soon.

Razorskin

----- ------
He's playin with Patches

3TpPvMP.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Button hates Kassian, so he'll score 30 this year.

Edit: We traded Prust? What the fuck

Prust? Like we needed more bottom six forwards. He seems like another Dorsett.

Kassian needed a change of scenery. If he's healthy and motivated he'll be good for the Habs.

Red_Man

We definitely come out on this trade, shed salary, plus Kassian is younger. Still, really surprised Bergevin moved him.

Prust was the consolation prize for not getting Lucic I guess.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Baertschi-Bonino-Vrbata
Higgins-Horvat-Hansen
Dorsett-Vey-Prust
Kenins

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Weber
Sbisa-Bartkowski
Clendening-Corrado

Miller
Markstrom

EDIT: We gave up the 5th. Effff.

Razorskin

----- ------
Prust was the consolation prize for not getting Lucic I guess.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Baertschi-Bonino-Vrbata
Higgins-Horvat-Hansen
Dorsett-Vey-Prust
Kenins

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Weber
Sbisa-Bartkowski
Clendening-Corrado

Miller
Markstrom

EDIT: We gave up the 5th. Effff.

Triple H line!

Red_Man

Where did Kassian play most of the year this season? 3rd line? I give him 15 games before Therrien puts him in the press box.

This is like switching mains from Pichu to Kirby in Melee

seems kinda lateral trade to me? If anything Habs came out on top with tbe pick
We get cap relief, and Kassian is younger with 3% more offensive upside. It's a good move for us since our cap situation is getting tight. The 5th round pick is just a bonus.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers also named Jim Schoenfeld as Senior VP and Assistant General Manager of the Rangers, General Manager of the Hartford Wolf Pack.

I guess there really was no market for Kassian. Too bad he fell out of favour with Willie, but then again Torts and AV never played him much either.

How's the nightlife in Montreal?

Top Bottom