• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Yawnier

Banned
I still don't like the return we got from the Kessel trade, and seeing that condition for the first round pick man, ugh......

I'm trying to look for a bright side and here it is, in a span of a little over a year our prospect pool has gone from players such as Freddie Goat, Biggs, Ross, Ashton, Percy, Brown to Nylander, Marner, Kapanen, Harrington, Percy, Dermott, Bracco, Brown, Leipsic. The marlies should be a very fun team to watch next year. Defense prospects are still fairly weak though.

I don't even know if 2013 first round pick Freddie the Goat would be a top 10 prospect in the pool now, probably not imo.

Jack Eichel signs contract, Tim Murray almost smiles:

CI2aqZGVAAAYnrS.jpg:large

Tabris

So Toronto traded away Tyler Seguin, Dougie Hamilton, and Phil Kessel for 2016 lottery protected 1st round pick and some depth prospects?

fuck I'm so sad right now

I was driving on the DVP when I heard the news, thankfully they hadn't revealed the return at the time or I might've swerved off the road

Kadri > JvR

Kessel had a NTC, didn't he? And the Leafs were still able to add 2 picks (11 total now for 2016) and 2 good prospects. Iirc, that was the Leafs asking price, or close to it.

zroid

Banned

...so if the Pens don't make the playoffs the next two years we don't even get a 1st? holy shit that's retarded

not that I'm worried about this happening but fucks sake

Kessel had a NTC, didn't he? And the Leafs were still able to add 2 picks (11 total now for 2016) and 2 good prospects.

They added a 1st and 3rd and surrendered a 2nd. that's horseshit. the worst part of the trade by far is the salary retention though.

yyzjohn

Banned
Kessel had a NTC, didn't he? And the Leafs were still able to add 2 picks (11 total now for 2016) and 2 good prospects.

Haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate baby we just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake, shake, shake, shake it off shake it off! :)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
...so if the Pens don't make the playoffs the next two years we don't even get a 1st? holy shit that's retarded

not that I'm worried about this happening but fucks sake

They added a 1st and 3rd and surrendered a 2nd. that's horseshit. the worst part of the trade by far is the salary retention though.
If they don't make it with that roster then they certainly don't deserve it.

I wish there was a condition of "win cup or get to final = 2017 1st for us as well". Terrible deal for us. Not sure how Shanny is going to make this out as good for us.

yyzjohn

Banned
I still don't like the return we got from the Kessel trade, and seeing that condition for the first round pick man, ugh......

I'm trying to look for a bright side and here it is, in a span of a little over a year our prospect pool has gone from players such as Freddie Goat, Biggs, Ross, Ashton, Percy, Brown to Nylander, Marner, Kapanen, Harrington, Percy, Dermott, Bracco, Brown, Leipsic. The marlies should be a very fun team to watch next year. Defense prospects are still fairly weak though.

I don't even know if 2013 first round pick Freddie the Goat would be a top 10 prospect in the pool now, probably not imo.

We still have Freddie the goat buddy.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Andy Strickland @AndyStrickIand
Source also confirming RW Vladimir Tarasenko has received an offer sheet. 6yrs, $45million from #NHLStars. $7.5mil AAV. #Blues will match.

Renting the barn as we speak.

Top Bottom