• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm curious to see how PAP will do with Kadri.
He showed some really good flashes this year, he just had such a short leash with Therrien, he wasn't able to get into a groove. If Babcock gives him the opportunity with top 6 minutes, I could see him having a great year.

He will become our new starting Small Forward over Terrence Ross. Really great on defense can guard 3-4 positions. Also shot around 40% from the three point line last year.

Definite upgrade for us.

He's a guy I was hoping they could go after since we were losing Amir.
Excellent.Where's Amir going?

Wonder how all the guys will respond to this.

Kill em' PA

Leafs, you're gonna love Parenteau

Where did Kassian play most of the year this season? 3rd line? I give him 15 games before Therrien puts him in the press box.

We get cap relief, and Kassian is younger with 3% more offensive upside. It's a good move for us since our cap situation is getting tight. The 5th round pick is just a bonus.

Ahh, makes more sense, had no idea Prust was that much. Google tells me 2.5mil a year D:(versus 1.5 for Kassian)

Kelly Fisne ‏@KellyFisne 6m6 minutes ago
@russianmachine Spotted: Bruce Boudreau in DC

Kelly Fisne ‏@KellyFisne 4m4 minutes ago
@russianmachine Fudruckers by the Verizon Center feasting on a burger. I shook his hand.

Bouds.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm just here to cheer up Red and see Dopey go crazy:

James Mirtle @mirtle
The Kessel trade gets worse for the Leafs. The first-round pick is conditional on Penguins making the playoffs.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Eklund rumormongering again. I don't believe the Shattenkirk/Wings stuff for a second.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Actually wait not as bad as first seems:

Basically if the Pens qualify for 2016 playoffs it's what we all read.

If they don't the Leafs get the 2017 first round pick from the Pens and Pens get our second round pick in 2017.

If Pens miss playoffs both years then we get their 2017 second round pick and Pens get no pick from us.

Tabris

Came in for the Leafs fan meltdowns. How you guys doing? Everyone manning suicide lines?

Toronto Maple Leafs best player right now is Nazem Kadri lol Or JVR? Either way lol

Kave pls

OCD, Red convinced me otherwise. A somewhat lateral move that saves a mil on cap, more upside and comes with a free prospect is not too shabby. More of a small optimization than anything else IMO

A mostly lateral move is terribly stupid but the Kessel trade isn't?

OK.

I'm just not a Kassian fan. Prust seemed to fit well in Montreal, and I believe that Kassian will be a downgrade.

That said, I could be wrong.

As for Kessel: The picks are the most important thing, and we have to years of protection. The Penguins will surely make the playoffs one of those years. Here's hoping, at least.

The players we got are solid. I'm starting to like the trade.

Top Bottom