• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Razorskin

----- ------
Razor, you're just not ready

wPdkLzP.jpg

Being a General Manager is not an entry level position folks.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
No I'm just wondering the $$ value. Leafs retained ~$1.2/year. Do they just cut the check or do they retain the cap hit too?

We get to carry that all the way until the contract ends

Hopefully pens make the playoffs, kessel scores 0 goals and has 0 assists and they buy him out

Haha thanks for all the replies.

Kessel @ 6.8 for that long seems really good for Pitt. Have no idea what the other players are like though.

RC

Banned
Have we heard from Quick since the Kessel trade? I'm worried.

Enjoy Kassian Habs, I'm sure he' be as useful to you as he was to us.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Haha thanks for all the replies.

Kessel @ 6.8 for that long seems really good for Pitt. Have no idea what the other players are like though.

Leafs basically traded one of the top scorers in the NHL for nothing but high bust potential prospects.

Not a single blue chip in the return and likely a poor 1st draft pick

Leafs basically traded one of the top scorers in the NHL for nothing but high bust potential prospects.

I hope you end up being wrong. Please be wrong.

At least we got rid of the personality and his lesser care about winning or being a team player.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Sweet I didn't think the prospects were good but this clinches it. :D

That's why I never wish for these kind of things to happen. A bunch of Leaf fans saying they couldn't wait to clear out the defensive cupboard of Pittsburgh and that didn't exactly happen.

I thought we would get bent over in the Buffalo deal (Sakic's track record) and was pretty happy with what we got. Always better to be pleasantly surprised.

He was never demanding a trade. All that matters to him is money bro, it's been obvious for a long ass time.

Yet he takes losing pretty badly, you think he'd want to take a bit of a discount to give his team a chance to win, but nope. At least Duchene has that philosophy.

Montresor

Well the more I think about the Kessel trade the more I'm tolerating it. Keyword is "tolerating" - I don't think it's a very good trade.

It's not a home run and I'm disappointed by that. But I don't think it's a tragic fleecing. Kapanen is a great prospect and the Leafs are pretty much guaranteed Pitt's 2016 1st round pick. Stop moaning about the conditions on the pick. Pittsburgh will not miss the playoffs next year. Plus the blow of this trade was softened thanks to dumb reporters. Everyone thought we gave Pittsburgh our 2nd round pick. Instead we gave them their 2nd round pick back. So we'll go into next year's draft with two 1st, and we still have our inevitably high 2nd.

I don't know anything about Spaling and Harrington.

Top Bottom