• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

zroid

Banned
Spaling blows. Small chance we might be able to flip him at the trade deadline for a 4th or something.

would probably have to retain salary to make that work (his contract expires next year I believe). good thing we have plenty of spare salary retention slots...oh wait

Yet he takes losing pretty badly, you think he'd want to take a bit of a discount to give his team a chance to win, but nope. At least Duchene has that philosophy.
At the end of the day he wants money just as much if not more than success. Definitely leans more on the money side given his track record. Which hey, if someone out there is gonna pay him then whatever. Do I think Buffalo will regret it in 3-4 years? Yep. But good on him for getting himself paid I guess. Glad he's not something I ever have to worry about again.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Well the more I think about the Kessel trade the more I'm tolerating it. Keyword is "tolerating" - I don't think it's a very good trade.

It's not a home run and I'm disappointed by that. But I don't think it's a tragic fleecing. Kapanen is a great prospect and the Leafs are pretty much guaranteed Pitt's 2016 1st round pick. Stop moaning about the conditions on the pick. Pittsburgh will not miss the playoffs next year. Plus the blow of this trade was softened thanks to dumb reporters. Everyone thought we gave Pittsburgh our 2nd round pick. Instead we gave them their 2nd round pick back. So we'll go into next year's draft with two 1st, and we still have our inevitably high 2nd.

I don't know anything about Spaling and Harrington.

Spaling isn't going to go anywhere career wise. Harrington has potential but he's a stay at home defenseman...

At the end of the day he wants money just as much if not more than success. Definitely leans more on the money side given his track record. Which hey, if someone out there is gonna pay him then whatever. Do I think Buffalo will regret it in 3-4 years? Yep. But good on him for getting himself paid I guess. Glad he's not something I ever have to worry about again.

I think Buffalo will be okay, cap will go up and there will be salary inflation around the league on lesser players. We couldn't have so much money locked up on Centers, but the point Buffalo is at makes it manageable.

Yawnier

Banned
We still have Freddie the goat buddy.

Yes

But I was saying I don't know if he would even be considered one of our top 10 prospects now though, in my opinion probably not. While a year and a half ago he was one of our best prospects, which is kinda sad lol.

yyzjohn

Banned
All the good things this management group has done thus far have been completely nullified by this trade.

Nullified? You're over reacting a tad don't you think? They still have all the promising picks they just made, still have the players they picked up and Kessel is still fat amd lazy.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm impressed. That's a good deal. They desperately needed offense from the blueline.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bergevin not speaking until tomorrow, I wonder if he still has some irons in the fire. Seems like he plans on doing something else with all the salary he's shedding.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I'll that that signing all day! 3 year deal so we won't be stuck with him once he's terrible (which he will be) and 6 mil is fine for a guy that can jump start our PP from the back end. I don't care about his defensive capabilities. I want this mother fucker to score score score! Let me go wild and score 15-20 goals and put up 60+ pts.

Socreges

Banned
Prust?

I understand that this ownership group/organization wants to compete, but holy fuck are they stupid

Kassian still has a higher ceiling. He might surprise

Top Bottom