• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

If our new secondary logo is the chest crest on the new thirds it's going to be pretty plain, I like simplicity but this only really works on the shoulder. I hope it's blue at least.

RC

Banned
Prust?

I understand that this ownership group/organization wants to compete, but holy fuck are they stupid

Kassian still has a higher ceiling. He might surprise

They are under the illusion they can still compete, so getting a 31 year old Prust still makes sense in their eyes.

Stupid move, but I'm still glad we got rid of Kassian.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
They are under the illusion they can still compete, so getting a 31 year old Prust still makes sense in their eyes.

Stupid move, but I'm still glad we got rid of Kassian.
Ferarro said today that Benning and co. have received direct orders from ownership that they need to compete this year. Basically, they're not allowed to rebuild.

CI2tYz8VEAAM5ji.jpg

Yawnier

Banned
what, are they all thrilled with the trade?

fuck Leafs fans

They are the same as they always are, lots of meltdown posts.

Some fans over there like it, some don't and think Shanahan got bent on it..

Leafs are going to be awful next year, only Kadri and JVR to drive the offense in the top six.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I really dont understand why they give all that money to Babcock and then gut the team. Does he want to coach through a 3+ year rebuild?

zroid

Banned
I wish the commentators who are saying $1.2 million isn't a lot would understand the actual implications of retaining salary for long term. Salary retention is too valuable and limited a tool to just throw it away for years and years.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
"We need to let the young guys play."

*signs Brad Richards*

Thanks, Holland. He must have had withdrawals from signing an old guy. His signature on the contract is probably shaky.

yyzjohn

Banned
I really dont understand why they give all that money to Babcock and then gut the team. Does he want to coach through a 3+ year rebuild?

Babcock fully understood the direction and said he was on board for building the team the right way. I believe he said "from scouting to drafting to developing we need to do it right. If you don't think there isn't pain coming, there's pain coming" (I'm paraphrasing, not exact quote)

Jblanks

I wish the commentators who are saying $1.2 million isn't a lot would understand the actual implications of retaining salary for long term. Salary retention is too valuable and limited a tool to just throw it away for years and years.

For a team that's just starting to rebuild, its not as bad as it sounds. Kessel wasn't getting traded anywhere anytime without retention.

yyzjohn

Banned

It's OK we just got Tucker's $1M buyout money off the cap recently.

MIKE GREEN!!!

HOLLAND GOT HIS BIG FISH!!!

TIRE KICKING WORKED!!!!

Also I'm fine also if we get Richards for a 1 year deal, guess he played pretty well last year and gives us some insurance on Dats. Plus that probably means....

NO CLEARY!!!! AH YEAH!!!!

Max Reinhart for a conditional 4th

Oh that, well we kinda have no choice:

@SUNRandySportak: #Flames 10 forwards on one-way deals plus Monahan, Gaudreau, Jooris, Shore, Granlund and Ferland on two-ways. Gotta make a trade, right?

Honestly Reinhardt didn't stand much of a chance with our current stable, we have better prospects currently, I hope he gets to play in Nashville

Curufinwe

Greg WyshynskiVerified account
‏@wyshynski

Rutherford on Kessel conditioning "I think guys that are in too good of shape are vulnerable to get injured, and this guy plays every game.”

Samyy

Oh that, well we kinda have no choice:

@SUNRandySportak: #Flames 10 forwards on one-way deals plus Monahan, Gaudreau, Jooris, Shore, Granlund and Ferland on two-ways. Gotta make a trade, right?

Honestly Reinhardt didn't stand much of a chance with our current stable, we have better prospects currently, I hope he gets to play in Nashville

Yea wondering why the Leafs didn't give him a shot, we're pretty barren up the middle

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
MIKE GREEN!!!

HOLLAND GOT HIS BIG FISH!!!

TIRE KICKING WORKED!!!!

Also I'm fine also if we get Richards for a 1 year deal, guess he played pretty well last year and gives us some insurance on Dats. Plus that probably means....

NO CLEARY!!!! AH YEAH!!!!

Also means we have a ton of forwards, 8 defensemen, and still need an upgrade on defense.

I think Nyquist gets traded before the season for a top defenseman.

Top Bottom