• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Alucard

Banned
Thankfully they don't post here during the regular season, so we won't get page long spams of it anymore.

Too cruel, man.

well at least it's an improvement to what we were bombarded with before

Pens-GAF has been tame for at least a year, friend.

...and people still thinking that MAF is an issue haven't been paying attention to recent performance. The Pens' problem isn't goaltending now. It's scoring and staying healthy. Defense has been decent too.

I'm really confused about what's going on in Boston, like the Hamilton fleecing was one thing but every move since then has been perplexing

And now they're apparently going to trade for jimmy Hayes, they'll probably give up Rask and a 4th

Yawnier

Banned
I'm really confused about what's going on in Boston, like the Hamilton fleecing was one thing but every move since then has been perplexing

And now they're apparently going to trade for jimmy Hayes, they'll probably give up Rask and a 4th

John Ferguson Jr. has gone crazy

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lame day for the Habs, but I expected moves to be made through trade rather than UFA signings anyways, and Bergevin has all summer to do that. As long as we dodge the Belesky bullet, that's the main thing.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 3m 3 minutes ago
OFFICIAL: #NYR have acquired goaltender Magnus Hellberg (@Mulle45) from Nashville in exchange for a 6th rd pick in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft.

Precisely what we needed: more Scandinavian goaltenders and fewer draft picks!

Red_Man

But but but Rielly Smith was a really great piece in that Seguin trade that totally wasn't a grade A fleecing

Slight upgrade. Hayes coming off a 19 goal year with inflated shooting %. Word was he was asking for a lot as an RFA. Happy to get Smith who is reasonable for more years.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Boston wins the Atlantic next season just for the comedy of it.

Then I hope they lose to the wild card team in the first round. I'm not THAT cruel.

ZeroGravity

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
Sounding like Beleskey left more money on table to become part of #Bruins. 5 yrs could come just under Frolik 21.5m #Flames deal
It's like he's paying money to get on the Titanic.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Lame day for the Habs, but I expected moves to be made through trade rather than UFA signings anyways, and Bergevin has all summer to do that. As long as we dodge the Belesky bullet, that's the main thing.

They didn't give Frolik or Beleskey $4+ million, so it's a positive.

Beleskey to Boston for under $4 mil

EDIT: 5 yrs

9UvBxSU.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I find it interesting that Babcock leaves and all of a sudden we get our top targets. There were rumors before that guys wouldn't sign because they don't like playing for him.

Alucard

Banned
Regardless of what else the Penguins do this off-season, I'm very interested to see how Kessel does alongside either Malkin or Crosby. I'm hopeful they'll at least be fun to watch this year and that they'll be able to generate more offense when it counts.

Regardless of what else the Penguins do this off-season, I'm very interested to see how Kessel does alongside either Malkin or Crosby. I'm hopeful they'll at least be fun to watch this year and that they'll be able to generate more offense when it counts.

Not worried about the lack of depth? The NHL is probably the furthest away from top line domination it has ever been.

This also reminds me, the Avs made the worlds worst decision by signing comeau, and he robbed them blind. Kid works hard but he just isn't any good, the blight of the Flames a couple years back. The only reason he has even decent stats is completely due to Crosby. Avs will regret this decision.

Red_Man

Bergevin's hard on for depth D is out of control

The Belesky deal isn't awful, but I'd rather give our kids a shot in the lineup than him.

Alucard

Banned
I find it interesting that Babcock leaves and all of a sudden we get our top targets. There were rumors before that guys wouldn't sign because they don't like playing for him.

Babcock strikes me as very professional and tactical. I could see immature or hard-headed guys not wanting to play for someone like that.

Top Bottom