• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Parch

I don't think the Leafs got fleeced. They got what he was worth and about what I expected. It's some fans who grossly overestimated the trade value of Kessel.

So they get a 1st and junk. No top prospect, a non-lottery 1st, and they'll still be paying Kessel in 7 years. A little better than a complete dump, but it really shouldn't be a complete surprise.

Alucard

Banned
Not worried about the lack of depth? The NHL is probably the furthest away from top line domination it has ever been.

This also reminds me, the Avs made the worlds worst decision by signing comeau, and he robbed them blind. Kid works hard but he just isn't any good, the blight of the Flames a couple years back. The only reason he has even decent stats is completely due to Crosby. Avs will regret this decision.

With two really good lines, I think the Penguins have enough third-line scoring power and some pluggers on the fourth that can do the job right now. Like I said, I think Fleury is finally playing as expected...12 years ago, and the defense is serviceable. We'll see how it goes. All of this is just fan talk.

giphy.gif

You're alive <3

Quick ;_____;

we need to do a Leafs-Age meetup this summer to watch Kessel highlights and get wasted

I've got the timmies Dunkin Donuts

They didn't give Frolik or Beleskey $4+ million, so it's a positive.

Yeah I actually like the Prust trade once you think about it-

He was on the Lightning last year. Our 8th defenseman. Worse than Sustr.

-ugh

Edit: OK apparently he's good fancy stat wise?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Montreal Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin announced Wednesday that the team has agreed to terms on a one-year, two-way contract (2015-16) with free agent forward George "Bud" Holloway.
Another nobody

He was on the Lightning last year. Our 8th defenseman. Worse than Sustr.
His HERO charts are pretty decent all things considered.

Too cruel, man.

Pens-GAF has been tame for at least a year, friend.

...and people still thinking that MAF is an issue haven't been paying attention to recent performance. The Pens' problem isn't goaltending now. It's scoring and staying healthy. Defense has been decent too.
Yeah, but our D will probably be depleted again. Doubtful on Ehrhoff, Martin is gone and we traded FOR Lovejoy...

This has to be got malkin right? Crosby has Horny and Malkin got shafted last year.

Parch

Canuck fans seem pretty pissed. I can't believe they couldn't get more for Bieksa.

Montreal did good. Kassian is a gamble, but giving up Prust isn't really much of a gamble. If there was one player who desperately needed a change of scenery, it was Kassian. The change will do him good, and if he comes anywhere close to his expected power forward potential, Montreal wins this big time.

eyeless

at least getting rid of kessel will go a long way toward solidifying next year's tank, the reason we were able to have that horrendous finish was kessel not scoring, period

there isn't really anyone except maybe the yotes that will be worse than us next year, right? who else could match us?

this will be the first of maybe 10 times i say this in the next year but it really fucking kills me that the time we're finally rebuilding and gonna be at the bottom of the standings is when they're changing to top three picks being lottery. seems like this year we might've had the second overall pick locked up but instead it'll be the fifth
I don't think the Leafs got fleeced. They got what he was worth and about what I expected.
you are a joke

go jump on another bandwagon

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Someone pointed out that kasperi kapanen is only 3 months older than mikko rantanen (10th OA this year) and kapanen outscored him in Liiga (was basically even in PPG)

Hmmmmm

Also i want santorelli back

zroid

Banned
It's a good no risk, no reward move.

From what I've seen of Barberio's numbers he seems pretty good. Probably undervalued for various reasons. Might not work out but yeah low risk so it's fine.

Generally if there's a guy out there with good fancystats who everyone thinks is bad and will sign for dirt cheap then you do it. It could pay off.

Yawnier

Banned
Someone pointed out that kasperi kapanen is only 3 months older than mikko rantanen (10th OA this year) and kapanen outscored him in Liiga (was basically even in PPG)

Hmmmmm

Also i want santorelli back

Don't hype him up Dopey

We already have one dopey bust in Jeremy Bracco!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
A couple of sources told me the Bruins were in on Patrick Sharp talks. Have to think they're out now. Isles, Flyers, Panthers interested.

Sharp with JT would be pretty entertaining

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Those 3 options are terrible.

Reilley for sure.
Maybe I'll get a Team Canada jersey :(
You should get a kessel jersey, because he was a great leaf
Already have one. Need another.
Rielly or wait for the Nylander jersey!
Maybe a Babcock jersey.
Hard times in Leaf land, daddy.
:'(
Komarov or Rielly

Or wait a bit for Nylander and Marner to make the big club
Komarov is great but I also don't think he's long for this team. It'd be like getting a Winnik jersey.
Austen Matthews jersey buddy ;-)
That's like a Stamkos Leafs jersey. D:

Socreges

Banned
I don't think the Leafs got fleeced. They got what he was worth and about what I expected. It's some fans who grossly overestimated the trade value of Kessel.

So they get a 1st and junk. No top prospect, a non-lottery 1st, and they'll still be paying Kessel in 7 years. A little better than a complete dump, but it really shouldn't be a complete surprise.
Kessel is at least a top 5 winger offensively. While playing with shit centres.

He just has a terrible attitude and personality. But with a change of scenery and a chance at obscurity... might do very well.

Pens fans should be pleased.

Top Bottom