• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Socreges

Banned
chris-farley-rage.gif
Was waiting for this

yyzjohn

Banned
Kessel is at least a top 5 winger offensively. While playing with shit centres.

He just has a terrible attitude and personality. But with a change of scenery and a chance at obscurity... might do very well.

Pens fans should be pleased.

Kessel should get his first 40+ goal season so Pens fans will be ecstatic. What he does in years 3-7 is anyone's guess.

I'm OK with the Richards deal, gives us some real good depth up the middle and it's only a 1 year deal, so if he doesn't work out, see ya.

Ken Holland said he'll have to make move, but better to operate from place of too much depth. Says will hang onto young guys.

So Bab's leaves and Holland finally grows a pair and signs the big guy he wanted and Bab's gets two mediocre players... And Holland might actually trade some guys. Wow, this has been the best free agent day in a long while for us.

Kessel should get his first 40+ goal season so Pens fans will be ecstatic. What he does in years 3-7 is anyone's guess.
Let's not get carried away. Horny was also supposed to score 40 and he had 25 last season. I think he'll come close or get to 30 buy being that confident for 40+ is silly.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
@PLeonardNYDN: Of today's #NYR signings, the only one-way contracts are Raphael Diaz (700K) and Viktor Stalberg (1.1 mil)

So then...

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Miller
Stalberg-Hayes-Etem
Glass-Moore-Fast
Lindberg

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Klein
Diaz

Lundqvist
Raanta

Seems like a pretty plausible opening day lineup.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

2015 Toronto media: Kessel needs to go! He's a sieve

2016 Toronto media: Why did the Leafs move stud and blue chip player Phil Kessel?

yyzjohn

Banned
Let's not get carried away. Horny was also supposed to score 40 and he had 25 last season. I think he'll come close or get to 30 buy being that confident for 40+ is silly.

You're kidding right? This past season aside Kessel was able to score 30+ with Bozak. If Sid and/or Malkin on the PP isn't good enough for a 10 goal increase in his production I don't know what to tell you. He's a dynamic offensive player when he's motivated.

Interesting quotes:

Ken Holland & Jeff Blashill visited Pavel Datsyuk Tuesday. When told team would make move so he & Zetterberg play together, very happy.

Brad Richards to be 2-hole C. Allows Datsyuk (when he returns) to play with Zetterberg, gives options with wingers. Sheahan 3rd C.

Early indication from #RedWings coach Jeff Blashill is he'll pair Mike Green with Danny DeKeyser, keep Kronwall & Ericsson. 3rd pair TBD

yyzjohn

Banned
kessel was getting 30+ goals with tim brent and joey crabb as his linemates

BRENT AND CRABB

Just to underscore it, in the 6 seasons before this last one Phil averaged 36 goals over 82 games. This last season was his worst, people said he was unmotivated and quit and he still put up 25. Now which Kessel do you expect to get, the guy that can average 36 goals playing with scrubs or the one season of 25?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Of course that's going to happen, and nobody will realize that it's because the Leafs have no supporting players, and it'll be OMG SHOULD'VE KEPT KESSEL HE'D HAVE SCORED THAT MUCH FOR US TOO

Holland also just said he'll have to make some moves and that he's keeping the young guys.

HOPE

So it was all Babs was it? That or Holland finally realized he has a job to do. It will be interesting to see what they do for trades, probably will be a minor one like trading Kindl or something for a pick, or he could go big and try to get a package deal with some young guys and get another big defenseman.

Socreges

Banned
Well, let's be fair, too. Hornqvist scored 25 in 64 games, which was his career high for GPG. Kessel got 37 goals in 2013-14. He could hit 40 with Crosby/Malkin. No sure thing, as a lot could go sideways, but it's a reasonable expectation if the Pens have a good season and Kessel plays 80.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
He has a good contract, Sweeney might like that.

I think if boston overvalues their position and the sharks position, it would be a worthy attempt.

JVR is probably going to run when his contract is up... and he holds immense value...

Just want the leafs to have 4 firsts next year, with 3 potential lottery... if you're going to rebuild, may as well go all the way.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member

Horn had 25 in 64 which is easily 30 in 82. Kessel will get his 40+ if he plays close to 82.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Horn had 25 in 64 which is easily 30 in 82. Kessel will get his 40+ if he plays close to 82.
He's never missed a game for the Leafs. He'll play all games and will get 40 goals with Crosby.

Seriously, all you guys...fucking Bozak and fucking CRABB BATTLE...

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I actually think Cleary is not coming back now...

Ah screw, he''ll get signed to an under 1 million dollar and a 2 way contract and stuffed in the AHL.
He very well may at this point. Or just be carried as the 14th forward in case of injuries. That way we're not wasting a guy like Ferraro or Callahan in the press box.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
And kessel hasn't missed a single game as a leaf

Also the penguins were pretty inept on offense for having Crosby and Malkin. Fewest PP chances and a terrible one when they got the chance. PP clicking and a little more offensive zone time 5v5 and Kessel hits 50. Pouliot Malkin Crosby Kessel Horn on the Power play is crazy.

Top Bottom