• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

tVBA15y.gif

Has any gif in the history of GAF been posted so much in a 4-5 page span?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Megna is also on a one way contract. Guess he's there in case Lindberg doesn't make the team the way the org expects him to.

zroid

Banned
Pretty funny that Beleskey took a "discount" to sign with the Bruins. I guess he hasn't been paying to their offseason.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pretty funny that Beleskey took a "discount" to sign with the Bruins. I guess he hasn't been paying to their offseason.
Seems like he thought he was going to hit the pay day at $5 + and the offers fell short so he took what he could.

Well, let's be fair, too. Hornqvist scored 25 in 64 games, which was his career high for GPG. Kessel got 37 goals in 2013-14. He could hit 40 with Crosby/Malkin. No sure thing, as a lot could go sideways, but it's a reasonable expectation if the Pens have a good season and Kessel plays 80.

Horn had 25 in 64 which is easily 30 in 82. Kessel will get his 40+ if he plays close to 82.

Also the penguins were pretty inept on offense for having Crosby and Malkin. Fewest PP chances and a terrible one when they got the chance. PP clicking and a little more offensive zone time 5v5 and Kessel hits 50. Pouliot Malkin Crosby Kessel Horn on the Power play is crazy.

So what are your projections this year for Malkin/Crosby this year since they've both had 50 goal seasons in the past? 60+? Many things are "possible" but there's a handful at best that I would strongly argue will score 40+ next year and Kessel isn't one of them.

Yawnier

Banned
Winnik AAV is $2.25M

That's alright, worth it to have him and Uncle Leo on the PK again.

Also the leafs right wing depth is so bad with no Kessel - PAP, Panik, maybe Arcobello. Dear god.

Serpico99

I am not saying Belesky is better than Lucic, however, clearing cap space and picking up picks/prospects was better than letting him walk the next offseason. We could not afford Lucic.

I am just giving Don props for digging us out of this cap hell that Chia put us in... yes the Hamilton trade does suck.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
aah I thought there was a report he got a better offer elsewhere. probably not much better though anyway
Friedman is saying Habs offered him 4.5 for 4 years, haven't seen it verified anywhere else though. McKenzie said this morning he was expecting him to get $5 x 5 or more.

zroid

Banned
Hard to get up to 40 goals in today's NHL. I would at the very least bet Kessel goes back to his top 10 scoring form of previous years.

Calamari41

41 > 38
aah I thought there was a report he got a better offer elsewhere. probably not much better though anyway

Based on no actual information, I can imagine that he did get a better offer before today and decided to walk from the Ducks because of it, being told by Murray that we weren't going to match it. That offer could have then fallen through, leaving Beleskey hanging a bit and unable to go back to Murray, who had already made some moves to plug the hole.

yyzjohn

Banned
While we're giving gifs away, Pens-age is free to use this one. Just photoshop in Sid and Geno and you're all good. Don't forget Pierre McGuire fawning over Sid:

N7WMtgE.jpg

Top Bottom