• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

McDavid McDavid McDavid McDavid McDavid McDavid McDavid McDavid Eichel McDavid McDavid McDavid. Welcome to the McDavid Sports Network McDavid McDavid.

:lol

In another lol move, the Canucks have fired long-time (19 years) head trainer Mike Burnstein.

BpTTAS.jpg

NEWS: The #Sabres have signed Cal O'Reilly to a two-year contract.

NEWS: The #Sabres have signed defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo (@CarloColaiacovo) to a one-year contract.

Pikma

Banned
*Edmonton wins*
"McDavid has an spectacular game and gives the Oilers the win"

*Edmonton loses*
"Despite an extraordinary effort by McDavid the Oilers couldn't get the W*

*Edmonton doesn't play*
"Take a look at all these McDavid-less teams playing today"

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Canucks have fired basically the entire remaining Gillis head-office :lol

NEWS: The #Sabres have signed Cal O'Reilly to a two-year contract.

NEWS: The #Sabres have signed defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo (@CarloColaiacovo) to a one-year contract.

gki7zai.0.gif

*Edmonton wins*

*Edmonton loses*

*Edmonton doesn't play*

Don't you just love Canadian sports networks?

i sure don't good god some of the nationalism present is infuriating

Syrinx

*Edmonton wins*

*Edmonton loses*

*Edmonton doesn't play*
This is why they should have rigged the draft to give Carolina the first pick. Nobody would pay attention except me!

Jinaar

I'll say this about McDavid: Kid talks gud.

Very well spoken and keeps on point.I hope he has a bright career starting in Edmonton and where ever it goes from there.

calder

I'll say this about McDavid: Kid talks gud.

Very well spoken and keeps on point.I hope he has a bright career starting in Edmonton and where ever it goes from there.

His post-ELC "thank you to the fans in Edmonton" full page ad is going to be a real tear jerker.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
So how long was gaf out for? I tried to check on my laptop around midnight last night and got an endless loading screen then got on for 3min at 9am on mobile.

Also what's the point in firing burnstein? Management I can see but I thought pat was a good equipment guy.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Also what's the point in firing burnstein? Management I can see but I thought pat was a good equipment guy.

Scorched earth approach to removing dissenters and/or Gillis's guys. Makes no damn sense, especially considering the Canucks were considered to have some of the best trainers/management in the league. If they fire Rollie, I'm out.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Scorched earth approach to removing dissenters and/or Gillis's guys. Makes no damn sense, especially considering the Canucks were considered to have some of the best trainers/management in the league. If they fire Rollie, I'm out.
Why not do that when he was fired or when Trevor took over then? Ugh so dumb.

Hope that $1M is worth getting sent to Ohio!

I'm surprised the Hawks offered so much, but they must be confident about getting rid of Bickell and Sharp.

10th in man games lost since 2009-10, and 2nd in quality. Interesting to note that LA, Boston, and Chicago are near the bottom of these rankings.

zroid

Banned
FFS I just saw the most awful ad on the back of a Coca Cola truck today

It was a photo of Eugenie Bouchard holding a coke bottle with the text "Kissed by Genie"

Gross

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor

Huh. Hadn't seen that before.

I'm obviously kidding, but I don't think it's a coincidence that the Canucks went from being a goalie graveyard to producing young NHL-calibre goalies (Schneider/Lack) as soon as Melanson was hired. I think he'll be integral to ensuring that Markstrom is ready to take over from Miller in a couple of years.

Foggy

Saad, my man! Las Vegas revenue will raise the salary cap by $10 million all by itself, so I'm not sweating it. Not one bit.

Top Bottom