• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Anything Habs related going on? I've been busy with other stuff so I haven't been reading up on anything since the Playoffs ended.

Best wishes.

Anything Habs related going on? I've been busy with other stuff so I haven't been reading up on anything since the Playoffs ended.

Best wishes.

We Traded Prust for Kassian from Vancouver. And we're waiting for Galchenyuk to get re-signed hopefully by this week or the week coming up

I actually came close to tears after reading this: http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2...-of-us-but-especially-too-good-for-that-trade

i'm never going to get over this trade

Real Talk? Kessel was my Favourite Toronto Maple Leaf Since Mats Sundin. It's like Vince Carter leaving the Raptors Again :/

Foggy

just saw the Saad contract. I forget but did they ever offer something like that to Johansen?

They offered him more years at $5 million if I recall. Saad had leverage against a cap team and Joey didn't. Flip side is he'll be getting PAID when his time comes. Word is that Papa Saad wanted him to cash in now.

Edit: they offered 6 mil/2yrs, 32/6, and 46/8. Hell the front office even announced it :lol

I actually came close to tears after reading this: http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2...-of-us-but-especially-too-good-for-that-trade

i'm never going to get over this trade

When Iginla left I got pretty drunk and watched highlights for what must have been a couple hours, I suggest this as a coping mechanism.

Obviously fast forward to now and it was exactly what we needed. That core leadership group just had to be cut out, I don't know if the leafs can thrive with phaneuf on the team though, it should have been him before Phil.

Acid08

Banned
So right now our lineup is shaking out to be:

Karlsson-Jumbo-Pavs
Marleau-Couture-Nieto
Hertl-Tierney-Wingels
Torres-Smith-Ward

Vlasic-Braun
Martin-Burns
Dillon-Mueller

Jones
Stalock

Ward will probably get time with the Joes too. If we could get a better 4th line center and another depth dman we'd be in really good shape. Goaltending will be interesting to watch.

Cactus

Banned

Karlsson-Jumbo-Pavs
Marleau-Couture-Nieto
Hertl-Tierney-Wingels
Torres-Smith-Ward

Vlasic-Braun
Martin-Burns
Dillon-Mueller

Jones
Stalock

Ward will probably get time with the Joes too. If we could get a better 4th line center and another depth dman we'd be in really good shape. Goaltending will be interesting to watch.

What's the deal with Jumbo, anyway? Has he patched everything up with Wilson? I really think the Sharks get back into the playoffs next year if he's still in the picture.

Curufinwe

Karlsson-Jumbo-Pavs
Marleau-Couture-Nieto
Hertl-Tierney-Wingels
Torres-Smith-Ward

Vlasic-Braun
Martin-Burns
Dillon-Mueller

Jones
Stalock

$3.25m free agent signing on the 4th line?

I said wow:

othgDj7.gif

Hfboards again man.

zroid

Banned
When Iginla left I got pretty drunk and watched highlights for what must have been a couple hours, I suggest this as a coping mechanism.

Obviously fast forward to now and it was exactly what we needed. That core leadership group just had to be cut out, I don't know if the leafs can thrive with phaneuf on the team though, it should have been him before Phil.

:(

It's not like I was against trading him on principle. The direction the club is heading in, it makes sense. But what deeply upsets me comes down largely to a failure to properly maximize the value of their assets and a betrayal of the organizational philosophy that I had been led to believe was adopted. It's very frustrating to see them move their best player for nothing when a plug like Bozak and a steeply declining albatross like Phaneuf remain on the team.

Jblanks

:(

It's not like I was against trading him on principle. The direction the club is heading in, it makes sense. But what deeply upsets me comes down largely to a failure to properly maximize the value of their assets and a betrayal of the organizational philosophy that I had been led to believe was adopted. It's very frustrating to see them move their best player for nothing when a plug like Bozak and a steeply declining albatross like Phaneuf remain on the team.

If you think we got nothing for Kessel, wait until Phaneuf is traded.

Also no one wanted Bozak or Phaneuf.

iLLmAtlc

They offered him more years at $5 million if I recall. Saad had leverage against a cap team and Joey didn't. Flip side is he'll be getting PAID when his time comes. Word is that Papa Saad wanted him to cash in now.

Edit: they offered 6 mil/2yrs, 32/6, and 46/8. Hell the front office even announced it :lol

Thx. Seems like there are no double standards then. 32/6 is very close to Saad's and given the slightly lower cap then it's probably almost identical.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Barring injury, Who has more regular season goals next year? Kessel or Saad + ROR. I am going Kessel.

zroid

Banned
If you think we got nothing for Kessel, wait until Phaneuf is traded.

Also no one wanted Bozak or Phaneuf.
It doesnt matter what we get for bozak or Phaneuf. a bag of pucks is fine. the problem is they threw away their only asset with value before moving the assets without value. it's poor decision making.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I don't follow this line of thinking...how does moving Kessel out first decrease Phaneuf or Bozak's value?

Because the second they hit the ice... there's a good chance they look a whole lot worse without kessel

Jblanks

It doesnt matter what we get for bozak or Phaneuf. a bag of pucks is fine. the problem is they threw away their only asset with value before moving the assets without value. it's poor decision making.

How do you trade away something that no one wants ?

Also JvR will likely get more then Kessel did because of his contract; if we do trade him.

Jblanks

Because the second they hit the ice... there's a good chance they look a whole lot worse without kessel

If anything Phaneuf will look better because he had to do twice the work with Kessel on the ice because Kessel didn't know what to do in his own zone.

Bozak on the other hand...

DopeyFish

If anything Phaneuf will look better because he had to do twice the work with Kessel on the ice because Kessel didn't know what to do in his own zone.

Bozak on the other hand...

Phaneuf is the guy who kept giving away with puck in his own zone while having clear possession.

Jblanks

Phaneuf is the guy who kept giving away with puck in his own zone while having clear possession.

No that was Franson and Gardiner, Phaneuf did it occasionally but there other 2 did it was more often. Phaneuf keeps getting paired with guys like Franson who bring him down.

That contract sucks though.

DopeyFish

No that was Franson and Gardiner, Phaneuf did it occasionally but there other 2 did it was more often. Phaneuf keeps getting paired with guys like Franson who bring him down.

That contract sucks though.

No. That was phaneuf. Gardiner was actually realllllly good defensively.

Top Bottom