• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Not in Kessel's case.
Poor hot dog vendor...how will he put his kids through college now? :'/

Red Man loves TO hotdogs? I've heard they're even better than what you get in NYC but it's hard to imagine when it's something you've grown up with. The other cities I've been to with street food have been much better.

Now I kinda want a hot dog...used to get them all the time when I went to UofT.

Poor hot dog vendor...how will he put his kids through college now? :'/

Red Man loves TO hotdogs? I've heard they're even better than what you get in NYC but it's hard to imagine when it's something you've grown up with. The other cities I've been to with street food have been much better.

Now I kinda want a hot dog...used to get them all the time when I went to UofT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-Y_aNjELss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unt886wmYfM

Pikma

Banned
77% humidity over here
Yeah SD is generally around that too, but I'm not there right now, I'm in fucking Yuma

756752main_20130620-m2.9flare-orig_full.jpg

Arizona, stop toying with me.

I like the Gordon and Michalek returns. Brad Richardson is a good pickup. But Steve Downie? I mean, I get that they need some muscle and he does provide decent scoring but the guy is such a class A asshole.

It's going to be these guys and a bunch of scotch tape. What a mess.

Razorskin

----- ------
Arizona, stop toying with me.

I like the Gordon and Michalek returns. Brad Richardson is a good pickup. But Steve Downie? I mean, I get that they need some muscle and he does provide decent scoring but the guy is such a class A asshole.

At least you'll get a shot at drafting Arizona native Auston Matthews.

Pikma

Banned
Las Vegas, stop toying with me.

FTFY

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
At least you'll get a shot at drafting Arizona native Auston Matthews.

He is a hardcore coyotes fan, too.

I won't lie. If leafs finish dead last and Arizona is 3rd or 4th... I kinda want the leafs to try a 1st for 1st + strome swap to see if they'll bite.

Montresor

Funny how now everyone is happy to admit the truth about Kessel's natural athletic shape and ability. But when he was a Leaf for five years in this thread there were jokes about how fat he was and how he didn't look like an athlete.

Don't get me wrong I'll consider myself part of the camp unfairly bagging on Kessel too - I made a dumb post a couple of days ago about Kessel's shape/heart and Kave called me out on it.

I'm just bitter because it seems many in this thread are speaking up for Kessel AFTER he is traded away. See Pikma's post where he admits to making fat jokes before but today admits Kessel is a fine athlete. Solo too would routinely make fun of Kessel looking like he had a fat face. :(

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Funny how now everyone is happy to admit the truth about Kessel's natural athletic shape and ability. But when he was a Leaf for five years in this thread there were jokes about how fat he was and how he didn't look like an athlete.

He only looks fat when he's in his gear or wearing a jacket and toque

When he's in normal attire, he looks completely normal.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Dude majority of people in here were just joking. Everyone is aware of how fast he is but he still looks like he crushes a box of timbits on the regular.

100% he is fat but as I've always said he's the fastest fat guy out there.

zroid

Banned
The tank battle next season between the coyotes, devils, canes, leafs for matthews and chychrun will be gud

Canes gonna be decent I bet. Their main issue was goaltending (and, at times, health) and Lack should fix that.

the Coyotes, Devils, and Leafs tank battle will be fantastic

Don't get me wrong I'll consider myself part of the camp unfairly bagging on Kessel too - I made a dumb post a couple of days ago about Kessel's shape/heart and Kave called me out on it.

I'm just bitter because it seems many in this thread are speaking up for Kessel AFTER he is traded away. See Pikma's post where he admits to making fat jokes before but today admits Kessel is a fine athlete. Solo too would routinely make fun of Kessel looking like he had a fat face. :(

It's not really about what people actually think when they're joking. People poke fun at anything they can, and the more successful and able a person is the easier it is to harp on their "flaws" when joking. But it's a joke. It's not serious man.

Eat a fucking hotdog and calm down.

Canes gonna be decent I bet. Their main issue was goaltending (and, at times, health) and Lack should fix that.

But the Canes can barely score and their defense outside of Faulk sucks ass. They'll be right there at the bottom.

Quick

Banned

Pretty sure a lot of us were just kidding. We recognized his athleticism.

Shit, I made this image and I'm one of the big Kessel fans around here. Notice how I placed Steve Simmons as the donut-trotting little fuck he really is. Should've made the donuts into a hot dogs, in hindsight.

N7WMtgE.jpg

Pikma

Banned

Are the Devils expected to do worse than last season? I mean, they'll obviously miss Jagr but they managed to have some boringly decent games even after he left.

Quick

Banned
Are the Devils expected to do worse than last season? I mean, they'll obviously miss Jagr but they managed to have some boringly decent games even after he left.

The Devils are basically the Bermuda Triangle of the NHL. No one ever hears about the players the moment they either sign or get traded there.

zroid

Banned
But the Canes can barely score and their defense outside of Faulk sucks ass. They'll be right there at the bottom.

Na, they can score ok. Their second half goals were close to league average. First half was a mess because of health reasons, iirc. Defence is fine, it was sunk by goaltending mostly.

not saying they're a playoff team but I think there's a significant talent gap between them and the other three tank teams.

The Devils are basically the Bermuda Triangle of the NHL. No one ever hears about the players the moment they either sign or get traded there.

I don't know why this is but it's true. They were contenders for so long and yet it's a black hole.

Montresor

What are the top prospects for next year's draft like? Are any of them as good as McDavid or Eichel? Crossing my fingers that Leafs win the lottery next year (since they won't make the playoffs) and get the next McDavid.

What are the top prospects for next year's draft like? Are any of them as good as McDavid or Eichel? Crossing my fingers that Leafs win the lottery next year (since they won't make the playoffs) and get the next McDavid.

That Austin Matthews kid, I presume? I dunno, I looked at the Elite Prospects list for 2016 and all I found was Tyler Benson

yyzjohn

Banned

Auston Matthews missed this draft by 3 days. Some scouts say if he was eligible this year he could have challenged McDavid for #1 overall.

That seems like a stretch kinda but I have definitely heard he might be better than Eichel

30 more points in 3 more games on the same team at the same age. Strength of their teams and supporting casts aside, that is an incredible difference.

I would reckon that Matthews will be better than Eichel.

30 more points in 3 more games on the same team at the same age. Strength of their teams and supporting casts aside, that is an incredible difference.

I would reckon that Matthews will be better than Eichel.

I'd agree, while Eichel is really good, certainly a franchise player I maintain his tires were pumped a little more this year to make the McDavid/Eichel story more compelling.

Yawnier

Banned

The consensus top 3 as of now is Matthews, Chychrun, and Puljujarvi (could be in a slight different order). After that it becomes a bit of a wash. If the leafs win one of the three lottery picks it will be huge.

Will Ny's little bro is projected to go somewhere in the late 1st/early 2nd.

It's kind of hard to look at mock drafts this early though and see here some players go. Some players come out of nowhere like who might have been passed over once or let's say who were drafted later in the CHL draft and skyrocket up the rankings, and some players with expectations who end up having a mediocre season will drop like a rock (like Nicolas Roy in this year's draft)

yyzjohn

Banned
I'm worried that if the lottery comes down to Arizona vs Leafs, good old Gerrrad Bettman will ensure Matthews goes to Arizona since he was born there. Would make for a great story and might help save that pathetic franchise. All due respect to Arizona fans on here (oh wait there are none)

All due respect to Arizona fans on here (oh wait there are none)

Hey that's not fair just look at this list.

NHL-GAF Allegiance List

medium.png

• Calamari41
  • Dastardly Jerks
  • Giggzy
  • Heretic
  • SmackCrackleNPop
  • Ursn

medium.png

• ActStriker
  • ATF487
  • MacAttack
  • Sanjuro
  • vatstep

medium.png

• CrankyJay
  • Fei
  • HadesGigas
  • OnPoint

medium.png

• CREMSteve
  • Terrordactyl
  • yodathesoda
  • zedge

medium.png

• Entropia
  • Syrinx

medium.png

• alexthekid
  • apocalidiot
  • Clockblockers
  • Marvie_3
  • MeBecomingI
  • Revenant
  • wsoxfan1214

medium.png

• 19 & 21
  • DrForester
  • Fata1moose
  • rhfb
  • Xeteh

medium.png

• Foggy

medium.png

• kingslunk
  • megachao24
  • Pikma

medium.png

• CrazedArabMan
  • Plinko
  • pringles
  • scissorfight
  • Wingfan19

medium.png

• Parch

medium.png

• :lol

medium.png

• Clydefrog
  • Pickles the Firecat

medium.png

• FUBAR McDangles
  • Vman

medium.png

• CreeperBlocks
  • lamaroo
  • Razorskin
  • Red_Man
  • SCHUEY F1
  • Solo

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

• TeethMummy

medium.png

• MetatronM
  • Stasis

medium.png

• Cake Boss
  • equippedwithtowel
  • GSG Flash
  • KernelPanic
  • Silexx

medium.png

• Curufinwe
  • jello44
  • SolidSnakeUS

medium.png

medium.png

• Alucard
  • kassatsu
  • purg3
  • Zaraki_Kenpachi

medium.png

• Acid08
  • speculawyer

medium.png

• Freyjadour

medium.png

• ZeroGravity

medium.png

• BigJonsson
  • bonesmccoy
  • Cactus
  • DopeyFish
  • dr.rocktopus
  • Kave_Man
  • Kuro Madoushi
  • Merguson
  • Montresor
  • OCDChewie
  • Quick
  • Samyy
  • shadowkat
  • Simon Belmont
  • Spl1nter
  • SuperSonic1305
  • User33
  • Yawnier
  • yyzjohn
  • Zombie James
  • zroid

medium.png

• bishoptl
  • iLLmAtlc
  • Lone_Prodigy
  • NetMapel
  • RC
  • Smiley90
  • Socreges
  • Tabris
  • trifelife
  • TUSR

medium.png

• Coldnoodle
  • ShaneB

medium.png

• calder
  • Erdrick
  • fallout
  • JK-Money
Oh...

A source familiar with the situation tells RMNB that restricted free agent Braden Holtby and the Capitals are close to making a deal that will keep the Lloydminster, Saskatchewan goaltender in Washington. We’re told that the Caps and Holtby’s camp are about a $1 million apart in yearly salary, but term is not an issue. The Caps want him closer to $5 million per year, while Holtby wants around $6 million.

GET IN

Top Bottom