• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Quick

Banned
By the way dude, even though people make fun of the Yotes sometimes for various reasons, I hope you don't take it the wrong way, as if you're not wanted here

'Cause it's great having an actual Yotes fan posting in this thread! Please stay ^^

Those Jets fans on the other hand...

Marvie_3

Banned
And dubbed off panthers

And dem off oilers

And Fifty, Kabuki Waq off leafs

And Marty Chinn off sharks

And FOOTE off blues

That Leroy guy for BJs

There are others that I know are missing but their usernames escape me
You fix it then. I was in a hurry when i updated it last time. :lol

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Re team list: I know there's a few more Flyers fans. Var, Zod the Bear, BruceWayneGretzky. But they haven't been around lately. Usually around the regular season though.

By the way dude, even though people make fun of the Yotes sometimes for various reasons, I hope you don't take it the wrong way, as if you're not wanted here

'Cause it's great having an actual Yotes fan posting in this thread! Please stay ^^

LOL I get it... I've lurked the thread for years and just been kinda intimated to say anything positive about the Coyotes. But fuck it. The team is doomed, they're clearly setting up for a move and they're going to salt the earth on their way out. But I love that team for lots of personal reasons (first date with the gf, memories with family that are gone etc etc) that I'm going to love them more even though I know they're going to screw me over. It's some sick shit.

It's just the pot shots from everyone on this team and community when it's down are just so tired. I can't count how many times I've sat next to Visiting Hockey Fan who talked shit about everything regarding the team and the situation right around us, or to the ushers and even the beer dude. "Oh, in INSERT CITY HERE this place would be sold out every day har har har". Just fuck off. It's our team and we love it even if there aren't as many of us as there are in BIG CITY. And sure, most free agents sign here just so they can golf year round and there's absolutely ZERO pressure to win or even give much of a shit. We get it. We understand everything about the shit situation, and the low attendance, and that we're laughingstocks. People can stop telling us that. We know.

It'll be better when the Coyotes fuck on off to wherever and we can just get the Roadrunners back and join the AHL so we can all just go back to being hockey fans and be allowed to enjoy the game without all this ancillary bullshit of the NHL.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
There's a thread in OT about a dude who almost got mugged that is a prime example of everything that's wrong with Gaf.

Don't post in it or anything, but read if you want a laugh. I'm stuck at work instead of at a bbq, hence aimless browsing.

Quick

Banned
I can't be mad at CosmicQueso's dedication to the Yotes. Salt given is salt returned.

Some stuff I just wanted to reply to:

I do notice an anti-American/pro-Canadian vibe when it comes to conversations about the Yotes with Canadians (which isn't really surprising). But where I jump off the conversation is when people start bringing up really shitty city suggestions. Most of NHL-GAF is smart and doesn't seriously go for shit suggestions.

American/Canadian hockey rivalry has always existed and will never really be tamed. Come at me, you classless bums.

"Canadian and traditional hockey fans" is a poor descriptor and I disagree with the sentiment. The league would be seriously boring if we stuck to this line of thinking when the league expanded. Anaheim, LA, San Jose, Dallas, Tampa Bay, Nashville, etc. probably wouldn't exist and those were non-traditional markets. The Yotes had some good years, but moving to Glendale was a real shot in the foot. I can only imagine what could've been if they stayed in Phoenix proper. "Traditional hockey markets" have really become a shitty code for "put an NHL team in Regina" or something like that.

If anything, it would be a smart move for the Yotes to ditch Glendale and move back to Phoenix and play out of Talking Stick Resort Arena (this is a shit name, sorry). If the Jets can sustain themselves (for now) with the MTS Centre at 15,300 capacity and the Islanders can as well at 15,800, the Yotes will probably earn some more with a capacity of 16,210. And both Barclays Center and Talking Stick Resort Arena have the same issue of both arenas configured to ice hockey, too.

Socreges

Banned
Thanks, Razor

Why the hate? What is it about the Coyotes that fills Canadian hockey fans with such anger?

Is it because Hamilton can't get a team, or that Winnipeg lost its team for the desert? Or some misplaced Bettman thing?

Arizona is the most nonthreatening hockey clubs around and fanbases around. People from Vancouver can buy a plane ticket, hotel room, and lower bowl seats in Phoenix for less than seats alone back home.

The rink itself is a great place to watch a game, and the center its attached to has tons of great bars and restaurants. They even allow tailgating. It's a fantastic fan experience.

So instead of being such dicks about the Coyotes even existing, book a plane ticket and come check it out. Plenty of good seats available. They also have a Tim Horton's and serve Molson on draught. Plus, half the people that live in Arizona in the winter are from Canada anyways.

But ffs, let go of the anger and bitterness. Or is it that you pick on the Coyotes because you can't beat anyone else in a playoff series?
This is the weirdest, most nonsensical post.

And for the record, and I hope this has already been mentioned: American hockey fans hate on the Coyotes just as much if not even more.

Quick

Banned
There's a thread in OT about a dude who almost got mugged that is a prime example of everything that's wrong with Gaf.

Don't post in it or anything, but read if you want a laugh. I'm stuck at work instead of at a bbq, hence aimless browsing.

I'm assuming you're referring to the overreaction to the OP describing his assailant as black, rather than being non-descriptive.

That thread took a turn for the worst almost immediately.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Wow that japan suicide thread. Some fucking ppl. Can't believe that sociopath cunt isn't banned. How dare ppl inconvenience me. Empathy? Fuck that pay me for my time. Ugh Fuck this world man. Need some fresh air.

Pikma

Banned
Wow that japan suicide thread. Some fucking ppl. Can't believe that sociopath cunt isn't banned. How dare ppl inconvenience me. Empathy? Fuck that pay me for my time. Ugh Fuck this world man. Need some fresh air.
It's fucking mindblowing how shit humans can be

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I can't be mad at CosmicQueso's dedication to the Yotes. Salt given is salt returned.

Some stuff I just wanted to reply to:

I do notice an anti-American/pro-Canadian vibe when it comes to conversations about the Yotes with Canadians (which isn't really surprising). But where I jump off the conversation is when people start bringing up really shitty city suggestions. Most of NHL-GAF is smart and doesn't seriously go for shit suggestions.

American/Canadian hockey rivalry has always existed and will never really be tamed. Come at me, you classless bums.

"Canadian and traditional hockey fans" is a poor descriptor and I disagree with the sentiment. The league would be seriously boring if we stuck to this line of thinking when the league expanded. Anaheim, LA, San Jose, Dallas, Tampa Bay, Nashville, etc. probably wouldn't exist and those were non-traditional markets. The Yotes had some good years, but moving to Glendale was a real shot in the foot. I can only imagine what could've been if they stayed in Phoenix proper. "Traditional hockey markets" have really become a shitty code for "put an NHL team in Regina" or something like that.

If anything, it would be a smart move for the Yotes to ditch Glendale and move back to Phoenix and play out of Talking Stick Resort Arena (this is a shit name, sorry). If the Jets can sustain themselves (for now) with the MTS Centre at 15,300 capacity and the Islanders can as well at 15,800, the Yotes will probably earn some more with a capacity of 16,210. And both Barclays Center and Talking Stick Resort Arena have the same issue of both arenas configured to ice hockey, too.

LP-07-1269-17-cropcopy-100k.jpg

I mean, I'm 18 but even I know not to stick my dick in beehives like the got mugged and Japan suicide thread. Rather, I do it in stuff I know I can win, like Gamergate threads when they crop up. :p

I more meant with dealing with opinions on the board that seem straight up baffling. I know from my own experience, I've known less and less as I've gotten older. I also got to have my more ridiculous ideas before the internet existed the same way it does now.

I've been burned before by going out of the bubble, so from now on I just try and remember that people are entitled to be young and/or wrong, and I've been younger and/or more wrong before.

I'm going to get banned again in a year for saying something stupid and mean. Book it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
A man who's been a Caps fan since 2009?

Even though I'm in Vancouver

I mean, I'm 18 but even I know not to stick my dick in beehives like the got mugged and Japan suicide thread. Rather, I do it in stuff I know I can win, like Gamergate threads when they crop up. :p

Guess you dodged the bullet of feeling the pain of watching Halak rip your heart out in 2010.

Top Bottom