• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

zroid

Banned
It's not a big issue but I think he's already earned a long term deal. Then again maybe he's just betting on himself to score a big contract next year.

Only 1 year for Kadri is disappointing. They better lock him up next summer.

I agree. I think he has more than proven himself at this point to be worth a long term deal. I feel it's more the Leafs not finding his terms favourable since we have cap now.

also yeahhhhhh Team Dog!

Alex Prewitt ‏@alex_prewitt 13m13 minutes ago
Marcus Johansson filed for player-elected arbitration on Friday, his agent texted. Declined further comment.

Fucking hell.

Also:

e2ce19958a78223a7ac5672c8c8679fb.jpg

zroid

Banned
It's sad I'll never get a chance to see Kadri and Kessel play together for a full season :(

this was supposed to be the year!

Samyy

Another point I saw on twitter was the Leafs probably like Kadri, but, his off-ice stuff that came up last season is probably making them wary, which they probably know a lot more about then us.

Cake Boss

Banned
Nazem probably wants to see if he's gonna be the new whipping boy in town now that doughnut boy is gone.

Can't wait for the Simmonds article about Nazems eating habits.

Quick

Banned
Nazem probably wants to see if he's gonna be the new whipping boy in town now that doughnut boy is gone.

Can't wait for the Simmonds article about Nazems eating habits.

I would just love to see how Simmons writes up an article slamming Kadri without coming off as racist. Targeting his eating habits alone will do the trick, since Kadri actually has specific eating habits.

It's like hearing Gary Lawless on TSN talk about Kane and Byfuglien, and you know this dude is close to dropping some racism bombs.

zroid

Banned
Also I was just reminded that $4.1 is just shy of the $4.2 Bozak makes

Wouldn't be surprised if that was intentional -- they're telling him he's still the 2C. :|

Cake Boss

Banned
4.1 million is a lot of money. Kadri hasn't proven himself, but he's been better as of late. Hopefully he will this year.

No its not the fuck are you talking about.

David bolland makes 5.5M, Bozak makes 4.2

Kadri at 4.1 is pretty good, the going rate for a #2 centre is 4.5M+

4.1 for 1 year for your 24 year old 0.6PPG centre who will likely be your default #1C is not a lot of money.

I would just love to see how Simmons writes up an article slamming Kadri without coming off as racist. Targeting his eating habits alone will do the trick, since Kadri actually has specific eating habits.

It's like hearing Gary Lawless on TSN talk about Kane and Byfuglien, and you know this dude is close to dropping some racism bombs.

You know that ain't going to happen. If a player within the Leaf organization sucks, the media will take it.

What's strange about the perpetual despair the media likes to depict in Toronto, is that said media is also complicit in it as well. Rogers and Bell both own parts of the team, you'd think they'd ask the media to tone down the negativity. But what do I know.

Quick

Banned
Also I was just reminded that $4.1 is just shy of the $4.2 Bozak makes

Wouldn't be surprised if that was intentional -- they're telling him he's still the 2C. :|

I can see Babcock flipping between Kadri and Bozak for the top line and second line. Kessel's gone, so Bozak has no excuse to consistently be 1C every game.

Montresor

4.1 for 1 year for your 24 year old 0.6PPG centre who will likely be your default #1C is not a lot of money.

BROFIST

Quick

Banned
You know that ain't going to happen. If a player within the Leaf organization sucks, the media will take it.

What's strange about the perpetual despair the media likes to depict in Toronto, is that said media is also complicit in it as well. Rogers and Bell both own parts of the team, you'd think they'd ask the media to tone down the negativity. But what do I know.

Rogers and Bell jumping in to tamper with the media compromises journalistic integrity. And they have no control over what Simmons writes since he doesn't work for them (Toronto Sun isn't owned by either). Best they could do is maybe take him off TSN, but that goes back to compromising journalistic integrity.

zroid

Banned
Rogers and Bell jumping in to tamper with the media compromises journalistic integrity. And they have no control over what Simmons writes since he doesn't work for them (Toronto Sun isn't owned by either). Best they could do is maybe take him off TSN, but that goes back to compromising journalistic integrity.

:lol that's ironic, because I'd argue they compromise their journalistic integrity by keeping Simmons on TSN!

I guess you're right

It just feels a bit high for him being that he's unproven.

Cake Boss

Banned
I guess you're right

It just feels a bit high for him being that he's unproven.

You keep saying he's unproven, what is he unproven of? Being an NHL player? He has played 250NHL games so far, so what is he unproven of? Being a bartender? A motherfucking dragon slayer? Wtf is so unproven about him.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You keep saying he's unproven, what is he unproven of? Being an NHL player? He has played 250NHL games so far, so what is he unproven of? Being a bartender? A motherfucking dragon slayer? Wtf is so unproven about him.
Why is it a SNES fan is defending our player..,?

Dammit, OCD! He's played well with Lupul and spare part next to him.

ZeroGravity

23 players filed for salary arbitration:

Arizona Coyotes
Mikkel Boedker
Phil Samuelsson
Brendan Shinnimin

Buffalo Sabres
Phil Varone

Calgary Flames
Lance Bouma
Paul Byron
Josh Jooris

Colorado Avalanche
Andrew Agozzino
Mathew Clark

Detroit Red Wings
Gustav Nyquist

Minnesota Wild
Erik Haula

Nashville Predators
Taylor Beck
Craig Smith
Colin Wilson

New Jersey Devils
Eric Gélinas
Adam Larsson

New York Rangers
Derek Stepan

Ottawa Senators
Alex Chiasson
Mike Hoffman

Philadelphia Flyers
Michael Del Zotto

St. Louis Blues
Magnus Paajarvi

Washington Capitals
Braden Holtby
Marcus Johansson

Stepan going to get paid!

Ryan O'Reilly's contract with Buffalo really fucks the Rangers over something fierce. Why?

Here are ROR's career stats (let's just stick to regular season, because throwing the playoffs in is flat out unfair):
427 GP, 90 G, 156 A, 246 Pts., 49.8 CF%, 48.3 oZS%

Here's Derek Stepan's career regular season stats:
362 GP, 89 G, 163 A, 252 Pts., 50.7% CF%, 47.4 oZS%

Pretty strikingly similar stat lines, right? So in 65 fewer games, Stepan has nearly exactly ROR's goal total, more assists and points, and a higher even strength Corsi percentage despite starting in the offensive zone less frequently.
To be fair to O'Reilly, his relative Corsi % is better than Stepan's, and he's much better on faceoffs than Stepan.

The Rangers really can't afford a dime over 6 million for Stepan.

ROR got 7.5 million.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Scherbak is training with Green & Eberle in the offseason and put on 20 pounds this year, while McCarron is now 6'6-6'7.

Unf unf unf

Number one centre David Desharnais only makes 3.5m

Why is it a SNES fan is defending our player..,?

Dammit, OCD! He's played well with Lupul and spare part next to him.

He's played pretty well, but he's also been inconsistent. For that kind of money, I'd hope for more consistency.

I'm just glad that it's a one year bridge contract.

Top Bottom