• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

Lehner's gone is my guess, and they bring in Matt O'Connor.

O'Connor hasn't met with all the teams yet. I'm not convinced he will even sign with us.

Anderson will stay. They will want a veteran goalie there. Only a question between Hammond and Lehner and O'Connor if he signs.

But I think they will trade Lehner. Just a hunch.

zroid

Banned
Saw this on twitter, for those interested. Matchup charts from this game. (read left -> right, blue = good, red = bad, darker = more shared time on ice)

CDkIbtkW0AAcM-G.png:orig

main takeaways:
- Karlsson best player on the ice from either team (by far)
- Liege-Turris-Stone line was beastly
- Subban didn't have a good game (Karlsson owned him)
- DSP was pretty good when he played, but he didn't play much
- AGally had a decent game, matched up well vs the Lazar line and the Sens' 3rd D pair

Quick

Banned
It will be hilarious if any team gives him anything longer than a 1 year contract.

I feel like this is going to happen. Someone's going to jump the gun. Oilers maybe?

Minus a long playoff run, wasn't Niemi in a similar situation with Chicago before the Sharks jumped at signing him? At least, this is what I remember.

It seems to me like there are a lot of teams looking to change their goaltending situation this year and honestly not a lot of top goalies available as UFAs.

Guys who have only strung together a month or two of good play lately might wind up getting real lucky if one of the teams with no real goaltending at all misses out of the few "proven" names.

zroid

Banned
Leafs are going to be looking to move one of Bernier or Reimer. Either one has 1 more year of control (though Bernier is an RFA this July, whereas Reimer is signed)

i don't think they're in a position anymore to maintain the status quo since they really don't need two proven NHL goalies at the moment. the guy who is 3rd on the depth chart has been dominating the ECHL so it might be time to call him up to share spot duties with whomever they keep.

Quick

Banned
The Leafs have been running with the same grouping of goalie tandems (Reimer/Giguere/Gustavsson/Bernier) for way too long. I'd have expected Reimer to be gone by the last off-season. And it's not like he's been silent about wanting a larger role, and that's not going to happen in Toronto while Bernier's around.

Acid08

Banned
Leafs are going to be looking to move one of Bernier or Reimer. Either one has 1 more year of control (though Bernier is an RFA this July, whereas Reimer is signed)

i don't think they're in a position anymore to maintain the status quo since they really don't need two proven NHL goalies at the moment. the guy who is 3rd on the depth chart has been dominating the ECHL so it might be time to call him up to share spot duties with whomever they keep.

gib Reim Time pls

RC

Banned
Back in the heart of tank nation.

This flying back and forth between BC and Ontario is really beginning to piss me off.

Socreges

Banned
I finished watching Lethal Weapon for the first time today. So... Gibson carried an otherwise shitty movie. Why does anyone consider it a classic? Seemed like self-parody at times.

*turns over man card*

RC

Banned
I finished watching Lethal Weapon for the first time today. So... Gibson carried an otherwise shitty movie. Why does anyone consider it a classic? Seemed like self-parody at times.

*turns over man card*

Who the hell considers Lethal Weapon a classic?

It's a solid B-tier action movie, the Rush Hour of its time if you will.

Lou Korac – ‏@lkorac10

Got to talk to Brian Elliott. Felt like it was last time. No way I see him wanting to stay here. I believe he'll ask for trade.

I'm guessing Elliott wants out of St Louis.

Sharks should snatch him up,

Saw this on twitter, for those interested. Matchup charts from this game. (read left -> right, blue = good, red = bad, darker = more shared time on ice)

main takeaways:
- AGally had a decent game, matched up well vs the Lazar line and the Sens' 3rd D pair

Not very surprising.

Man I have a raging boner for Karlsson, so lucky to have him.

Foggy

*turns over man card*

Mainly for that Shane Black script and fighting Gary Busey in the rain and being a super fun movie. What's wrong with you?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Weren't there rumors/rumblings that one of them would be traded if they didn't make the playoffs or were eliminated in the first round?

Malkin for RNH+Draisaitl+2016 1st
Before he interviewed for the Pens GM job, McGuire said if he had become their GM he would have traded Malkin. Opportunity lost.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!

main takeaways:

Wouldn't be surprised if Karlsson's entire series looked like that, the man was on a mission.

He's my Norris winner for sure, whenever he's on the ice the Sens are a threat. He looks even better when you see him live because you can see him affecting the play when he's off screen.

Parch

He's my Norris winner for sure, whenever he's on the ice the Sens are a threat.
Byfuglien got some hype at the beginning of the year but it really is no contest. Karlsson is incredible. You always have to be aware what he's doing because he's always a factor. Great player.

I thought I was the only one who remembered them, I fucking hate Konami and always bring Hudson Soft up as an example of their shitty practices but I guess nobody misses Bomberman

Hudsonsoft was not that easy to deal with either (sigh), but yeah, they did get buried by Konami, didn't they?

calder

Giordano was robbed

By his bicep, sure.

Ray Bartoszek plans Seattle-area arena, hopes to lure NHL team
A new path to bring an arena -- and potentially the NHL -- to the Seattle area is opening.

RLB Holdings Sports and Entertainment filed a code interpretation request Wednesday with the city of Tukwila, Washington, stating its intention to build a multipurpose arena, a source told ESPN.com. On May 1, the group will file a SEPA application, another step closer to getting a shovel in the ground.

If progress continues, the early target date to open the privately funded arena in Tukwila, which is just south of Seattle, is the fall of 2017.

I wonder if the NHL would do well in Seattle. Based on what I've read in the past it's sure no slam dunk.

trifelife

It should totally work. It'll be a cheap daytrip for a TON of Vancouver fans, too.

I don't buy this for a sec, mister. Border lineups can be brutal, traffic entering Seattle is usually fucked, the proposed arena is way south of Seattle proper (why) and the exchange rate is balls so even if tickets were 30% cheaper (which they wouldn't be) it would still be a comparable price/more expensive. Plus you're not making it home til 1:00 am.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I don't buy this for a sec, mister. Border lineups can be brutal, traffic entering Seattle is usually fucked, the proposed arena is way south of Seattle proper (why) and the exchange rate is balls so even if tickets were 30% cheaper (which they wouldn't be) it would still be a comparable price/more expensive. Plus you're not making it home til 1:00 am.

Dude it's cheaper to drive down, stay in a hotel and watch a game in Seattle than it is to watch a game in Vancouver. Weekend trip down to Seattle, done deal.

Top Bottom