• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2015 |OT| With the first pick the LA Kings are proud to select...

eyeless

so apparently inbetween the combine and the leafs prospect camp, jeremy bracco got 2 inches taller

i remember someone saying "the difference between bracco and marner is 2 inches"
what, this can't possibly be true

they must have just listed it wrong, we could never be that lucky

also
2hnyH1B.gif

My dog is gone, guys, he just passed away.

As much as I wanted to accept this was going to happen I feel so deeply broken I do not know what to do.

Sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet.

Try to take solace in the fact that he lived a long and happy life.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
what, this can't possibly be true

they must have just listed it wrong, we could never be that lucky

also
2hnyH1B.gif
This is why I was laughing at the rumours of them trying to get the 3rd overall pick to grab Hanifan. Sure, he could be better than Hamilton, but Hamilton will be a top 10 D for a long time and is already proven.

Calamari41

41 > 38
My dog is gone, guys, he just passed away.

As much as I wanted to accept this was going to happen I feel so deeply broken I do not know what to do.

Shit, I'm so sorry man. Just remember the good times, and think about the difference you made in his life.

Did you guys want one or something? They're on the shelf at my local K-Mart.

If the shipping didn't cost more than the scalpers are asking for the Amiibo itself, I'd trade you some Ducks gear for a Ness.

if he increases in size by an inch or two and put on 20-30 lbs... he'll be a monster

he already has a pretty big frame, too... i really want to see what a player would be like if joe thornton, forsberg and crosby were all rolled into one

A player with leadership issues with an oft injured foot and a history of concussions?

If the shipping didn't cost more than the scalpers are asking for the Amiibo itself, I'd trade you some Ducks gear for a Ness.

The customs taxes are straight up fucked.

What's your postal addy. Hrtc has sent me a Selanne signed photo + Puck and some actual Ducks Reebok runners. What goes around comes around etc.

Calamari41

41 > 38
The customs taxes are straight up fucked.

What's your postal addy. Hrtc has sent me a Selanne signed photo + Puck and some actual Ducks Reebok runners. What goes around comes around etc.

My zip code is 92648. If shipping is less than $55 (the premium over msrp if I buy the three I want on Amazon right now), I'll take you up on this and give you a Ducks shopping spree the likes of which this world has never seen.

Even if it doesn't work out with the shipping costs I'll give you a mini spree for being such a good guy and offering.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
With all these smart signings, this Leafs roster is looking less and less like a Bottom 5 team :(

Seems like they're destined for a 9th place finish.

It all depends on how quickly they adapt to babcocks systems and how well the goalies rebound

5V5 play would have to be dramatically better as they won't have the PP superstar kessel there

What do the leafs do if they're in a solid playoff position come trade deadline lol

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahano

Unfortunately, Leafs still have considerable talent in all positions.

Us fans don't want them to do well... but we still have players that can take over games.

That thought scares me because we haven't got rid of enough talent to guarantee us to be a bottom feeder.

zroid

Banned
The East is weak man. I'm not suggesting they're going to make the playoffs. But the roster is looking less and less like a "tank" roster.

It looks like the definition of mediocre right now, but post trade deadline they might not win a single game :lol

Spl1nter

It looks like the definition of mediocre right now, but post trade deadline they might not win a single game :lol

It will be very weird next year when there is an infusion on talent with Nylander and Marner. The Marlies have a more skilled forward group this year.

Yawnier

Banned
They're gonna be bad, not sure if we know how bad though

It's kind of like the season after Sundin left, the team left behind was almost a total dumpster fire and you knew the team was going to be bad next season but we didn't know exactly how awful they were going to be when you have that guaranteed point production driving the 1st line just *poof*, gone like that overnight.

My zip code is 92648. If shipping is less than $55 (the premium over msrp if I buy the three I want on Amazon right now), I'll take you up on this and give you a Ducks shopping spree the likes of which this world has never seen.

Even if it doesn't work out with the shipping costs I'll give you a mini spree for being such a good guy and offering.

Let me go down and take a photo of what's available on the shelf and I'll stock up. If Ness is there I'll insta-purchase.

Haha, mini spree. That's cool of you - but I insist we pull the trigger on anything once shipping is confirmed :)

Fei

I'm sure they won't regret that at all.

I mean, you gotta pay good players, especially when committing long term to last place Buffalo. He's getting overpaid by a bit, but it's not egregious.

Separately, Hasek made more than $8M back in the 90s. His contract term just wasn't as long.

I mean, you gotta pay good players, especially when committing long term to last place Buffalo. He's getting overpaid by a bit, but it's not egregious.

Separately, Hasek made more than $8M back in the 90s. His contract term just wasn't as long.

Yeah but was Hasek's contract buyout-proof?

Calamari41

41 > 38
Let me go down and take a photo of what's available on the shelf and I'll stock up. If Ness is there I'll insta-purchase.

Haha, mini spree. That's cool of you - but I insist we pull the trigger on anything once shipping is confirmed :)

Grab Lucina and Robin if they're there too!

And check your PMs

DopeyFish

They're gonna be bad, not sure if we know how bad though

It's kind of like the season after Sundin left, the team left behind was almost a total dumpster fire and you knew the team was going to be bad next season but we didn't know exactly how awful they were going to be when you have that guaranteed point production driving the 1st line just *poof*, gone like that overnight.

The thing was... we had vesa toskala back then... and our defense is better now than then (kubina, kaberle, finger, frogren, van ryn, white, stralman, colaiacovo) though polak and robidas have been sucking up a storm so maybe there's hope they'll continue

We have 4 players capable of hitting 20-30 G each (as they have previously done so) and who knows what the fillers will do. Also don't know what impact kessel leaving will have.

There's a chance we'll fuck ourselves out of a lottery pick.

I'm just counting on the forwards sucking

Red_Man

Unfortunately, Leafs still have considerable talent in all positions.

Us fans don't want them to do well... but we still have players that can take over games.

That thought scares me because we haven't got rid of enough talent to guarantee us to be a bottom feeder.
DopeyLand sounds like a wonderful, oblivious place.

He's a great player, but he's not worth that much. At all. If that's what it takes to attract a guy like that to Buffalo, don't pay him and save that cap space for someone with more reasonable demands, or wait for one of your many blue chip guys to pan out.

He's a great player, but he's not worth that much. At all. If that's what it takes to attract a guy like that to Buffalo, don't pay him and save that cap space for someone with more reasonable demands, or wait for one of your many blue chip guys to pan out.

When you've got an owner willing to spend, who hasn't backed down from buyouts of other guys with big contracts who didn't pan out (Ehrhoff, Hodgson), I can see why Murray is ok with such a deal.

It will be a problem in like 4 years or so when they've got a lot of guys to pay, but in the meantime they've got plenty of cap space. And maybe by then he'll be "worth it", or the cap will have grown enough that it still doesn't matter.

DopeyFish

Not oblivious when you know you still have players that can take over games.

Kadri, Lupul, JVR, Rielly, Gardiner, Phaneuf and our goalies certainly can.

Question marks remain on bozak and all the poor souls we signed... this is completely ignoring the impact of a good coach, too.

I'm just saying that our roster isn't thin enough for me to be comfortable with guaranteeing a bottom 5-10 finish...as much as I'd like another surefire top prospect :(

Red_Man

Not oblivious when you know you still have players that can take over games.

Kadri, Lupul, JVR, Rielly, Gardiner, Phaneuf and our goalies certainly can.

Question marks remain on bozak and all the poor souls we signed... this is completely ignoring the impact of a good coach, too.

I'm just saying that our roster isn't thin enough for me to be comfortable with guaranteeing a bottom 5-10 finish...as much as I'd like another surefire top prospect :(
Phaneuf can take over a game? Rielly can take over a game? Lupul can take over a game? Maybe if you're playing Buffalo, give me a break. With Kessel gone, the Leafs offense is going to be exposed, they have a lot of decent "Depth" guys, but that's all they are, there's a reason they're playing for the Leafs on 1 year contracts.

Top Bottom